WAlk to Disney Challenge... feel free to join

I haven’t logged in a couple weeks but I’ve been walking a ton lately as the weather is finally nice here.
884 miles to go for me. I started using map my walk app and l like that for keeping track.
I didn’t start the app until mid March so I’m missing some miles but it’s good for tracking.769EFF3E-7382-4E53-9F47-75A8A2379919.png

I hit 35 miles last week!
113/365 (to DLR) and 2,780 (to WDW)

252 miles left to Disneyland, and 2,667 miles to Disney World. We'll be at DLR in 20 days, and of the 5 of us going, I'm the one who has done the most walking. The 15 year old is cracking me up - her daily step goal is to get to 4,000 steps because her parents said she can't have dessert until she's had that much physical activity. So she hits that much and then no more, but told us that she's going to rely on her youth and adrenaline to get her though each day at DLR. :rotfl2: My DS13 has decided that her philosophy works for him, too, although he does go for a 1 mile walk with me each afternoon. Meanwhile the 3 adults all are getting out for longer walks each day, because we know how quickly our middle aged bodies will call it quits if we don't stay in shape. :faint:

Just found this thread!! Question for you all. Do you use a pedometer that counts ours steps for the entire day to log your miles or is this all extra walking only? Thinking I may try this. I’m thinking of a trip in February and have 933 miles to Fort Wilderness campground. Working from home has made me fat/depressed/ and lazy. I really need a pick me up and this may help

Just found this thread!! Question for you all. Do you use a pedometer that counts ours steps for the entire day to log your miles or is this all extra walking only? Thinking I may try this. I’m thinking of a trip in February and have 933 miles to Fort Wilderness campground. Working from home has made me fat/depressed/ and lazy. I really need a pick me up and this may help

l track “extra” walking only. I’m a nurse, and walk a ton, if l tracked that, too.... I’d probably be there already 😂

I log everything. For me every step counts. :tiptoe:and :welcome:

I also log everything. I’d say it’s whatever works for you to motivate you to keep moving ;)
:welcome:

Next summer (2022), we are going to Yosemite and might add on a few days in Disneyland at the end of that trip. We live on the east coast, so the total miles I need to walk to make it to DLR is 2736 miles in roughly 430 days! :scared:
So I’m going to use the miles I’ve walked so far to help me get there in time. Adding in the miles from this past week, I’m now at:
1068/2736

Another week of 35 miles (plus 43 flights of stairs, but that's another story :faint: )!

148/365 (to DLR) and 2,780 (to WDW)

We're 13 days from our trip to DLR, and I definitely won't get the remaining 217 miles in before then, lol! We've been joking about adding up the miles of walking among all 5 of us to see how many we can get all together.

Welcome!! And as you can see, we all do whatever works as far as counting miles!

I only do my treadmill walking - partly because I don't keep my phone on me all the time (so I wouldn't be accurately tracking my normal walking around anyway) and partly because I was using the same tally to justify buying the thing. I like it because it's convenient - I just take a snapshot of the mile counter before I turn it off.

9.13 miles since my last post

306.53/1,317

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!