Waitlist strategy question

MARCIAKAZ

Proud to be called Disney Geek by my kids!
Hi! Is there any way to waitlist a particular accomodation size for "any view"? Seems logical enough...maybe I'm missing something. Thanks!

No, there is not, Each room type is its own waitlist and it’s limited to just 2 per UY.

So, if a resort you want has more than 2 views, you have to choose,

No, I think trying to set up a waitlist for any type room at a resort would make the waitlist unmanageable.
I don't mind having to specify the roomtype I'm looking for on a waitlist.
Most of the times, I've gotten the room I wanted by checking frequently, sometimes the waitlist has come through.

I agree it would help if "any view" was an option. But since there's not, one thing that's worth thinking about is how many units of each type there are. If you search for "dvc room inventory" (or just use https://easywdwforums.com/threads/dvc-rooms-charts-with-detailed-room-info.20457/) you can see how many of each type there are, so you can put a waitlist against the category with the most units, i.e. Boardwalk garden and BLT Lake have tons of units.

Bruce

I know once I was needing to come in one day early and wanted any studio. I was thinking wouldn’t it be nice to have a waitlist for “any” studio. Call it a ”wild card” waitlist. Of course I got one. I think it was mid November the night before a last minute cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter