Waitlist Strategy for Dec. 28-Jan 2?

hitchedpumpkin

Laughter is an instant vacation
Trying to pull together a trip for Dec. 28-Jan 2 but no availability anywhere! We'd like to do a 1 or 2 BR. Which resort gives us the best odds of the WL coming through?

We would love to stay close to MK if possible since we've never stayed at any of those resorts before. We have stayed at SSR and OKW many times (because we never plan ahead:oops:) so hoping they are not only/best options.

I would plan a spit stay. Focus more on trying to reserve 2 x 2 nights. If one of them comes together you can use that free WL to add 21 more night. It will take work to piece this together. I would definitely start with SSR, OKW, and AKL too.

SSR and OKW. AKL Kidani savannah view is another that would have a higher possibility.

Sorry. It's a very, very busy time for DVC and if you want an MK resort you'd have to have been trying right at 7 months assuming you don't own there. BLT booked almost immediately at 11 months. VGF was not too far behind.

In addition to waitlists, try checking daily...even a few times a day..to see if things open up and you can piece together a trip. I think at this late date it is going to be tough to get something...even at the 3 big ones SSR, OKW and AKL.

Good luck!

I can't believe my good luck! I was able to piece together a split stay for our Christmas vacation inside a 4 month window! 12/28-12/29 in a studio at Poly for me and DD15, then DH & DS19 will join us girls 12/29-12/31 in a 1BR at BCV and 12/31-1/2 in a preferred 2BR at SSR. I feel like I hit the lottery!!!:cheer2:

Gottcha, sorry for the error. I was only trying to answer a previous posters question about source of information. It won't happen again.
I can't believe my good luck! I was able to piece together a split stay for our Christmas vacation inside a 4 month window! 12/28-12/29 in a studio at Poly for me and DD15, then DH & DS19 will join us girls 12/29-12/31 in a 1BR at BCV and 12/31-1/2 in a preferred 2BR at SSR. I feel like I hit the lottery!!!:cheer2:
That is awesome! Now, if you want to attempt to get it down to less than 3 places, Keep checking the website,

If you put in a waitlist, and no longer want that to replace what you have, be sure to cancel it. I have read of people who ended up changing things around and forgot about the WL they had in place.

Looks like some Disney magic came through for you. I hope you have a wonderful time! :thumbsup2

Wonderful! I snagged a 2bedroom at BCV just for the night of the 29th too and am doing a split stay. Have fun!

After weeks of daily stalking and thousands of browser refreshes, I decided to take the weekend off and lo and behold....my WL request to complete our stay at BC between Christmas and New Years just came through!!! I cannot believe my good luck. Especially since I didn't start booking this trip until September!! I am so excited:yay: If anyone has been hoping for a SSR Preferred 2BR for 12/31-1/2 it just became available.

That walk to Epcot is amazing! We’ve stayed at BCV over NYE in the past, Congratulations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!