Waitlist during this weird time

LindsayHD

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,
I was just curious if anyone had a waitlist request come through since Disney has minimized their staff to essentials. The waitlist system has always been a little wonky, so I wasn't sure if the people in charge of that may be deemed non-essential and all of our waitlists just hold out until they get back.
I check the RAT a couple times a day, but the one day I have waitlisted seems like it is the most popular travel day for the whole month of November. Every single room category is sold out for the most part. We have a 3 bedroom, but only really need a 2 bedroom and I don't mind looking often, but since it's only 1 day and still 6 months away, I figured I wouldn't need to keep looking, but if waitlist requests are not being fulfilled, maybe I should make it a priority to check more often.

I’m pretty sure I had one today that was matched. I was adjusting things and canceled the waitlist while I was doing it,

All of a sudden, the room I had on a waitlist, popped up, I booked it and it was the only one,

It was not there before I canceled the waitlist. I’d give a call and see if it is showing matched. if it is, the CM will process for you right away.

I cancelled our May reservation and have been visiting the site frequently to cobble together a reservation for August. Although I have two waitlists, I have noticed that my needed nights have been coming available. When I attempt to book them, after a few steps into the process, they are no longer available. I had assumed that others were matching before I could secure the nights or, perhaps, I had matched.

This afternoon, I called Member Services and the Cast Member with whom I spoke said that waitlist matching was temporarily suspended because of the pandemic. Anyone with a waitlist will not lose their place in the queue. However, because nights are not being matched, it seems that all nights are fair game.

I cancelled our May reservation and have been visiting the site frequently to cobble together a reservation for August. Although I have two waitlists, I have noticed that my needed nights have been coming available. When I attempt to book them, after a few steps into the process, they are no longer available. I had assumed that others were matching before I could secure the nights or, perhaps, I had matched.

This afternoon, I called Member Services and the Cast Member with whom I spoke said that waitlist matching was temporarily suspended because of the pandemic. Anyone with a waitlist will not lose their place in the queue. However, because nights are not being matched, it seems that all nights are fair game.

This is great information to know. Thank you. I figured this might be the case, so I will be sure to check the website frequently. Fingers crossed you are able to piece together the reservation you want!

Why don't t they announce that publicly? They shame me every time I call to see if there's been a match, advising me to look at my dashboard. We all know there are many times there has been a match and it just hasn't been formalized yet.

Last edited:
I don’t think they are processing them. I had a 2 night waitlist in September for 5 months that never filled. I changed my plans and deactivated it This week.

While we have not had a wait list automatically match, when I was on the phone with Member Services about two weeks ago to re-allocate points on an exiting reservation, she told me that our wait list for October had matched and processed it while we were on the phone.

While we have not had a wait list automatically match, when I was on the phone with Member Services about two weeks ago to re-allocate points on an exiting reservation, she told me that our wait list for October had matched and processed it while we were on the phone.

this is what I thought. They are matching, but don’t have the cast members to process them because they are busy with guests.

Last edited:
this is what I thought. They are matching, but don’t have the cast members to process them because they are busy with guests.

So then does this mean, that there could be people sitting there with multiple reservations and not even know, thus freeing up more inventory? Like my waitlist request should replace my grand villa reservation, and so if my waitlist were to be matched, but it has technically not processed, I could be sitting on 2 reservations and not freeing up a room for someone else, which limits availability even moreso than it already is. Just a thought if that were the case? It would be crazy if when they came back, they processed all the waitlist requests and then BAM, a bunch of rooms open up for people

Exactly. Plus I just read that several DVC CMs are part of the furloughed employees starting Sunday.

Exactly. Plus I just read that several DVC CMs are part of the furloughed employees starting Sunday.

That’s extremely interesting about the waitlist. What unique times we‘re in currently that that would be the case. That day when all those waitlist requests come through is going to be like a light switch of available rooms for people. Sad about the castmembers though.

I called in to MS too yesterday and was told waitlists are “frozen” for a few days.

I had a day I wanted pop up today that I had on waitlist....so I reserved it and then canceled my waitlist. And now I have to keep an eye on my other waitlist...

I’m glad for anyone who had a match within the last week. It’s strange though because I have called almost every day and been told by multiple MS CM’s from the WL is “frozen” at a complete stand still to inventory is being held but not being physically matched or confirming to one MS who said the WL is up and running. I think something is or was up with WL and I think it was probably due to staffing maybe, and/or the decisions they faced moving forward with expirations, banking/borrowing, which all affect availability.

I was told that waitlists are matching and that they are holding them for the member who is on the waitlist, but that they have suspended “confirming” the waitlist until they know more about what’s happening. The CM told me not to cancel my waitlist if I still want the room.

Thanks for that info! Most of the MS agents I spoke to also impressed to keep my waitlists as is if I think I might want or need them to come thru. For one, I have all the dates I need except one night but, I had the WL before the reservation. I saw most of my dates come up so I took them. I would normally have canceled the WL and just made another for the one night but they really impressed that I should not change them. Makes sense now! I’m grateful I took the leap and rebooked a couple weeks ago or, we would not be going at all now.
I was told that waitlists are matching and that they are holding them for the member who is on the waitlist, but that they have suspended “confirming” the waitlist until they know more about what’s happening. The CM told me not to cancel my waitlist if I still want the room.

Cancelled my waitlist this morning. Night I wanted (for October stay) was available this morning when I checked.

Even so, not really excited about it. There's a good chance we won't want to travel then, anyway. Have until late August to cancel to take advantage of airline's cancellation without penalty policy.

Last edited:
Has anyone had confirmation of a match this week? I called Saturday and was told WL was still on hold for confirming. To me, that means potentially, one member could have more than one reservation holding for them. Once the WL wheel start turning again and actual confirmations start happening in mass, more availability could result right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter