• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waitlist decision! Help me decide please!

I was kind of wondering about that too. All the standard views I've had were pool view. If some of the standard views were partial savannah views at Jambo, that's definitely what I'd try and request also.

The rooms were reclassified, so there are some standard rooms with a savannah view in Jambo.

disneynutz said:
Any idea which rooms were changed?

:earsboy: Bill

We just stayed in one in May. I believe the hall we were in what'd rooms in the 5300's. It was at the end of the savannah but saw giraffes every day!! Great view for the points!!!

We just stayed in one in May. I believe the hall we were in what'd rooms in the 5300's. It was at the end of the savannah but saw giraffes every day!! Great view for the points!!!

Good for you! I've just had pool view when I've had standard at Jambo.

Thanks for the room view clarification~I am so excited now! Love Love Love giraffes! & AKV! Appreciate the responses to my question :)

I'm not an AKV expert, but I think the only standard rooms that have a partial savannah view are the ones at Jambo House that were reclassified from savannah to standard because they are at the end.

Matter of fact, we had one of those rooms in May and it was great--my DD 19 loved waking up each morning seeing the giraffes! The other standards at Jambo House have pool view.

At Kidani, I don't think any standards would have that type of view.

There are also standard views at Kidani that have partial savannah views. I've only booked standard views once at Kidani and again once at Jambo. Both times we've gotten the savannah view. At Kidani the rooms look towards the Pembe savannah so no giraffes though but there are the Okapi. Here are pics from each of our standard view studios:

Jambo:

p1052969755-4.jpg

Kidani:

p1059385965-4.jpg

Any idea which rooms were changed?

:earsboy: Bill

"Recatagorized Savanna View Rooms:

5203: Studio, Lobby, Sunset side (hansel1)
5228: 1BR, Sunset, over a people pen (P&B's Mom)
5234: 1BR, Sunset, inside corner of first spur, "Fantastic savanna view" (Doug7856)
5238: Dedicated studio by a stairwell, Sunset (Anal Annie)
5257: Studio, Sunset, near inside corner inside first spur, people pen (NHGoofy)
5384: Studio, Sunset, next to exit stairs at end of Kudu trail
5528: Dtudio, Uzima, in a corner next to last spur (b-1)
5543: 1BR, Uzima, in a corner on outside of last spur - not verified
5544: 1BR, Uzima, in a corner on inside of last spur (TwinsFan)
5545: Studio, Uzima, near a corner on outside of last spur (KAT4DISNEY)
5549: 1BR, Far side of last spur off Zebra Trail, near fence between Arusha and Uzima (mousefan1972)
????: 1BR located above the check-in desk (Magic3forme)"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter