• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waitlist decision! Help me decide please!

disneybeachprincess

Disney Girl from Day One
I just got our waitlist for AKV for Christmas! Our first WDW Christmas trip ever! :cheer2:

Do I choose the value or standard view? What is the difference? Where should I request to be? Any help would be appreciated as I need to decide today! TIA! :flower3:

Congrats on the waitlist!!! value isn't a view but a room category that you can only get if booked that way. What does your waitlist say? It should be either value, standard view, savanna view or concierge?

I just got our waitlist for AKV for Christmas! Our first WDW Christmas trip ever! :cheer2:

Do I choose the value or standard view? What is the difference? Where should I request to be? Any help would be appreciated as I need to decide today! TIA! :flower3:

Your waitlist gave you a reservation with a room category, what is it?

Value and Standard are room categories, you don't request them.

:earsboy: Bill

Congrats on the waitlist!!! value isn't a view but a room category that you can only get if booked that way. What does your waitlist say? It should be either value, standard view, savanna view or concierge?
It is a value room but they have standard too...what is the difference other than some points?

It is value but standard is available too...didn't know the difference...only a few points per night...what about location of these? How does that differ?

Bill...what about location of these?

When you wait list, you wait list either Jambo or Kidani. You also wait list for the specific category.

Look at what you have and that will tell you which building you are in as well as the type of room.

AKV has value, standard, savannah, and conceirge rooms. The value and conceirge are only at Jambo house. The standard and savannah ones are at both.

When you wait list, you wait list either Jambo or Kidani. You also wait list for the specific category.

Look at what you have and that will tell you which building you are in as well as the type of room.

AKV has value, standard, savannah, and conceirge rooms. The value and conceirge are only at Jambo house. The standard and savannah ones are at both.
Thanks so much :) Our first DVC stay @ AKV! So excited!

Congratulations! I just did a long weekend stay in May at AKV in a standard room at Jambo House and its a beautiful resort...
Thanks Sandi! Can I request a location if I choose the standard room? Sunset Savannah seems popular on the boards...

Thanks Sandi! Can I request a location if I choose the standard room? Sunset Savannah seems popular on the boards...

I'm not an AKV expert, but I think the only standard rooms that have a partial savannah view are the ones at Jambo House that were reclassified from savannah to standard because they are at the end.

Matter of fact, we had one of those rooms in May and it was great--my DD 19 loved waking up each morning seeing the giraffes! The other standards at Jambo House have pool view.

At Kidani, I don't think any standards would have that type of view.

Exactly what I needed to know! Giraffes are on the top of my list & my DS12's list too! Sounds like a good location then @ Jambo house! Do you remember what you requested or what I could request to possibly get that section?

Exactly what I needed to know! Giraffes are on the top of my list & my DS12's list too! Sounds like a good location then @ Jambo house! Do you remember what you requested or what I could request to possibly get that section?

We didn't request anything as we were not concerned with the view and figured whatever we got would be good...

I'm not sure what the request would be...someone with more AKV experience than me could probably help you out!!!

I just spoke w/DVC member services & booked the Jambo House standard view 1 Bdrm w/the partial savannah view as my request...she was shocked that there were AKV rooms available at all! :cool1:

I just spoke w/DVC member services & booked the Jambo House standard view 1 Bdrm w/the partial savannah view as my request...she was shocked that there were AKV rooms available at all! :cool1:

I don't think that the standard views at Jambo have any savanna view. They have a pool view according to my records.

I don't think that the standard views at Jambo have any savanna view. They have a pool view according to my records.

I was kind of wondering about that too. All the standard views I've had were pool view. If some of the standard views were partial savannah views at Jambo, that's definitely what I'd try and request also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter