Waiting for Sept. Hours - anyone else?

We were there about the same time last year Sept 24-28, 2008 and that's pretty much how I remember the crowd situation. Light in parks during the day, but EMH super crowded, especially EPCOT. You and my DH were probably in the same line for Soarin', I think I waited almost an hour for him to get back to me and DS. :confused3

This year we're going about a week earlier, don't know if that will make a difference or not?! First time on DDP for FD, so now I not only have the stress of which parks which day, but which ADRs which day?!?!? :eek: oh well, at least we'll be in WDW :yay:

I'm hoping that hours and EMH will pretty much stick to last year's schedule, so planning accordingly, for now. Probably do EMH - PM at MK only though, skip EPCOT PMs. And the plan is to open as many parks as possible...never made a single rope drop yet, but there's always hope :laughing:

I wasn't stressing about much in terms of ADRs until I checked out the Restaurant Board :scared1: and saw that people were having issues getting ADRs for August.. now I'm afraid we'll need some backup plans for what restaurants we want on what days.. haven't really had a huge issue with that in the past...

I wasn't stressing about much in terms of ADRs until I checked out the Restaurant Board :scared1: and saw that people were having issues getting ADRs for August.. now I'm afraid we'll need some backup plans for what restaurants we want on what days.. haven't really had a huge issue with that in the past...

I don't expect we will this year either. Remember, the people booking now for the start of free dining are traveling during summer vacation. A major discount + common school holidays is bound to = craziness. I don't think this level of insanity will continue into Sept when most/all kids are back in school.

I don't expect we will this year either. Remember, the people booking now for the start of free dining are traveling during summer vacation. A major discount + common school holidays is bound to = craziness. I don't think this level of insanity will continue into Sept when most/all kids are back in school.

That's true I hadn't thought about that :goodvibes

Sorry if this is a repeat, but what days of the week seem most likely to fantasmic nights? Does anything else stay open during fantasmic at DHS?

I'm waiting for September hours, too. We can make our ADRs on June 14th, so I'm not too stressed about getting everything figured out between the time the schedule is released and then. I'm assuming EMHs will be on the same days as always, so basically I'd just like the hours to be able to plan what times we'll try to get for our meals.

-Jen

My wife and I are going September 25- October 3 on the free dining so I am waiting also. May have to just wing it on the two days in October as to where we eat because our adr date is 6/27 and I don't think the October hours will be out by then.

Sure, wing it, and then call back and change them if you need to.

Have a great trip! I'll be there around the same dates 9/26-10/1 ... I keep thinking about adding days. Need to crunch the numbers again, and hate to change flights and pay more too :/ ...wish I had just booked a full week or 8 days to begin with, but splurged on the Beach Club so felt like I needed to cut back somewhere.

I am not to worried about EMH i already made my plan and we have hoppers so i plan on hopping around anyways.... we alway end up at ecopt at least once a day lol

Sitting and waiting patiently...June 16th is out ADR days!! Trips is from September 14-21! Anyone interested in doing a Jelly Rolls Meet up sometime during this week?

Also waiting. Booked for Sept 19-26, but dh is lobbying to shorten the stay. Might have to knock a day off at the end to keep the marital peace. (Sigh.) If we do shorten it, I'm definitely adding park-hopping to our tickets!

Have about 8 different possible itineraries worked up based on last year's hours and taking into account 7 nights (as currently booked) or 6 nights (in case dh wins this battle, LOL).

Wish the hours would just come out!

I really really really want the hours out soon so I can make my ADR's, as I said in a previous post my date to make them is May 31st and after reading some of the horror stories lately about getting ADR's would really like to know where we will be eating so I can call on the 90 day mark.

Maybe I'll get flamed for this, but I'm not stressing over my ADR's for September. IMHO, a good 90 percent of Disney's food is mediocre and overpriced, so it doesn't really matter where we eat. LeCellier was really good, but I won't die if I can't eat there. We loved Teppanyaki (at the time) but we have a restaurant just like it at home. Those were the only two really worthwhile meals we've ever eaten at WDW.
I have a "first choice" list and a bunch of backup requests, plus a "never again" list (like Sci Fi and Mama Melrose) so I'm sure we'll be OK.

Have about 8 different possible itineraries worked up based on last year's hours and taking into account 7 nights (as currently booked) or 6 nights (in case dh wins this battle, LOL).

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I thought I was the only one who did this! We're mulling a resort change and a surprise split stay, and I've got several possible itineraries to account for every potential scenario.

I thought I was the only one who did this! We're mulling a resort change and a surprise split stay, and I've got several possible itineraries to account for every potential scenario.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Well, we're in good company (with each other)! :rotfl2:

This is actually our first trip. Well--dh's first ever, dd's first ever, and I've only been once like fifteen years ago (off-site, teenager, didn't do the planning).

I am FREAKING OUT!

I've got itineraries with PH, without PH, with MNNSSHP, without MNSSHP, 6 nights, 7 nights... my brain hurts. ADRs are the least of the worries right now!

Waited for the August hours now on to the September hours going
Aug.23-Sept.6th
I have to make my ADR's Monday so I will be waiting for the hours to see if it screws all my plans up:rotfl2: Hopefully not! August hour seemed to take forever to come out...I think Sept. will be better because the 1st falls on a Monday.

At least I hope this is the case;)

So when are Sept hrs suppose to be out, and what was the deal with Aug. hrs did they come out after after the 90 day mark to make ressie's?

Brooke:goodvibes

I've given up on worrying about the hours. I've gone ahead and scheduled my days without knowing what the park hours are or which parks are having EMH's on which days. My day to book ADRs is Monday, and I'm assuming the hours won't be available by 7 a.m. on Monday.

I am also having a hard time trying to figure all this out... We are going Aug 29th-Sept 8... so How on earth am I supose to know what park we will be at or what ADRs I need to make..

I am hoping to be able to get away with no park hoppers so that is making it a little harder....

If I remember correctly the August hours were released a few days late... May 4 or 5th... I sure hope September hours are not late...

tlc

I am also having a hard time trying to figure all this out... We are going Aug 29th-Sept 8... so How on earth am I supose to know what park we will be at or what ADRs I need to make..

I am hoping to be able to get away with no park hoppers so that is making it a little harder....

If I remember correctly the August hours were released a few days late... May 4 or 5th... I sure hope September hours are not late...

tlc

And July's hours came out a couple of days early. Weird huh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter