Waiting for Points to "Load" / Populate - Resale Contract Visible -

emchen

Let's Discover*!
DVC Gold
Want to share a little behind-the-scenes info I learned today.

So I closed a resale contract on 8/26/19 and the membership ID showed up on my member homepage on 8/30/19.

Reading the forums, it typically seems to take 7-10 days for points to populate on the member homepage after the new membership ID (MID) shows up. Today is day 10 after MID showed up and still no points. Assumed there is delay because Hurricane Dorian showed up during that 7-10 day period for members like me. I called Member Admin this morning and verified the window has been delayed to up to 14 days. The CM was pretty detailed, letting me know that they are working on populating 8/28 points this morning, with 8 or so contracts left. 8/29 has over 20, and so does 8/30. She estimates they should be done in 2 to 3 days.

Ugh can't wait!

EDITED TO ADD:

Not sure how many new readers to this thread will actually read this original post, so hit "thumbs up" if you think it is useful...

Date of Addendum: Wed 2/12/2020
Date of Posts Below: Wed 2/12/2020, Fri 2/10/2020; Tues 2/4/2020

LATEST DATA POINTS:

Wednesday 2/12/2020 (quite a flurry of activity on "Hump Day")
Current # of days to points from deed recording: 12-24 days.
Current # of days to points from contract being visible on member site: 7-10 days.
Contract showed in account on 2/5. Points just loaded.
We have finally completed all steps and here’s our timeline:
Jan 22- closed on contract
Jan 23- deed recorded
Feb 5- email with activation code
Feb 11- called MA and got membership # and club ID so I could access website
Feb 12- got welcome letter in mail and points loaded in account
So, exactly 3 weeks from closing to having points loaded. Now to wait until next week to book our first trip...
Monday 2/10/2020
Updated -- Loaded points this morning! wow. that was a pleasant surprise --

Fri 2/7/2020

currently running 7-10 days from contract showing on the site to points being available for use.

Tues 2/4/2020

Two contracts updated:

Deed Recorded: 01/10.... active on site: 01/24.......points loaded: 02/03/2020
Deed Recorded: 01/14....active on site: 01/24... points loaded: 02/03/2020

So it appears to currently be running about 10 to 14 days for contracts to show up online and 8 to 10 days for points to load.
So from deed recording date, figure about 18 to 24 days to actually have points available to book.

Last edited:
That is so frustrating. I remember when it took about couple of days to load the points in. I wonder if there are that many for resales or did DVC reduce the number of CM to work on loading the points.

Hey thanks so much for sharing this. I literally came on here to search for a thread exactly like this and so glad it was even posted today. We are apart of that group from 8/29 so hoping today or tomorrow. I was getting impatient but thought the same things you did, like maybe a delay with the hurricane. I've read other threads where points were loaded within 3-5 days or even a week and was wondering what was taking so long. Worst wait ever! lol

That is so frustrating. I remember when it took about couple of days to load the points in. I wonder if there are that many for resales or did DVC reduce the number of CM to work on loading the points.
Agree! I was wondering the same...what does it take to manually load the points (Member Admin CM mentioned that's what they do)?

Hey thanks so much for sharing this. I literally came on here to search for a thread exactly like this and so glad it was even posted today. We are apart of that group from 8/29 so hoping today or tomorrow. I was getting impatient but thought the same things you did, like maybe a delay with the hurricane. I've read other threads where points were loaded within 3-5 days or even a week and was wondering what was taking so long. Worst wait ever! lol
Misery loves company! Hahaha!

Say a single CM works on this...can they do a contract every 30 minutes, 2 per hr...do they review and verify contracts all day?...I mean what do you guys guess goes into loading these points? Any former CMs out there in DISboardland that used to do this for a living??

I think the same CM (or CMs) work on resale contracts as work on direct sale contracts. Direct sales get priority. I also am not surprised that Dorian slowed everything down and that they are working the resulting backlog now as soon as they can.

Agree! I was wondering the same...what does it take to manually load the points (Member Admin CM mentioned that's what they do)?

Misery loves company! Hahaha!

Say a single CM works on this...can they do a contract every 30 minutes, 2 per hr...do they review and verify contracts all day?...I mean what do you guys guess goes into loading these points? Any former CMs out there in DISboardland that used to do this for a living??

It sure does! 🤣 no idea what goes into loading the points but i would certainly love that job

If the same CM does direct as well as resale loading of points...then I’m in for a long wait with the new bump up of direct point requirements. It seems a ton of people just bought direct because of that and my poor little contract will just be waiting to the side. On day 8. 😬

Our deed was recorded on September 6th. This is our second resale contract. Getting so antsy waiting for this contract to show up on our account, we are wanting to book a last minute long weekend in a few months and hoping there is a still a room left when our points finally load!

Our deed was recorded on September 6th. This is our second resale contract. Getting so antsy waiting for this contract to show up on our account, we are wanting to book a last minute long weekend in a few months and hoping there is a still a room left when our points finally load!

I was getting antsy too, with our contract recorded 9/12, but I guess I need to be a little more patient.

Contract just showed up on our account! Hoping points load soon!

Check out this thread below fellow sufferers of the point-loading waiting game:
Home: VGC (110/160/160)
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: First American (Rebecca Blair)
Offer made: 7/25/19
Offer accepted: 7/25/19
Sent to ROFR: 7/29/19
Passed ROFR: 8/16/19
Closing docs received: 8/21/19
Closing docs returned: 8/21/19
Funds sent: 8/22/19
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 8/26/19
Deed recorded on OC (California) site: 8/26/19
Received E-mail with one-time code: N/A
Contract Visible on member site: 8/30/19
Received welcome letter: N/A
Points in my account: 9/12/19 (delayed by Hurricane Dorian)

Points finally populated today!...but cannot use for some reason...able to toggle between membership IDs, but when I try to book with the new ID, it reverts back to the old ID! Sigh!

General rule of thumb, points will load < two weeks after membership ID is visible on the homepage. For me 13 days because of Hurricane Dorian. 5-10 days when no hurricane (or new minimum thresholds for bluecards) gumming things up.

Last edited:
I was getting antsy too, with our contract recorded 9/12, but I guess I need to be a little more patient.
Your member ID probably showed up yesterday or today on the homepage. Points in 5-14 days after that. Shouldn’t stop you from checking daily, but will be a pleasant surprise if they show up earlier! Lol.

Your member ID probably showed up yesterday or today on the homepage. Points in 5-14 days after that. Shouldn’t stop you from checking daily, but will be a pleasant surprise if they show up earlier! Lol.

Just checked today and the second contract now shows up in my account. I was worried that I didn't title it exactly as before.

We called today Sept 20 and found out they were working on transfers dated as of Sept 10.
Accounting for business days, this means that they should be dropping ours points (transferred on Sept 13) by next Tuesday Sept 24.
Fingers crossed.

If I just purchased a second resale contract, but it's deeded differently from the first with a different use year, will it show up in my current membership account online? Or is it treated as a new membership and requires a new login etc.?

If I just purchased a second resale contract, but it's deeded differently from the first with a different use year, will it show up in my current membership account online? Or is it treated as a new membership and requires a new login etc.?
It will show up under your current login, but it will be a different membership. Your dashboard will look something like this - we have two use years. The carets on the left open pull down menus and you can see your point details for each.

Attachments

• 32FD7DB4-3BA8-4CDF-9382-4A52E1042EF8.jpeg
    32FD7DB4-3BA8-4CDF-9382-4A52E1042EF8.jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 68
We closed 9/5. Disney welcome letter is dated 9/10 (date Member Services officially recorded my account). I called yesterday to find out when my points will show up and was told 9/24. They said 10 business days after they record it. Keeping my fingers crossed I will have my points on Tuesday! Good luck everyone. I think this wait is harder than the ROFR wait. 😬

We called today Sept 20 and found out they were working on transfers dated as of Sept 10.
Accounting for business days, this means that they should be dropping ours points (transferred on Sept 13) by next Tuesday Sept 24.
Fingers crossed.

My transfer is dated 9/10 but there are still no points as of now, 9/21. They told me 9/24 when I called yesterday. With your info, I’m hoping it will be Monday! I will let you know. So hard to wait!

UPDATE: They loaded today, 9/22. Yay! Looks like they are working on the weekend. Thank you Member Services!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!