Wait time for water slides at Atlantis?

princesskenziesmom

Mouseketeer
I am hoping some people will let me know what their experience was with the wait times for the slides at Atlantis. I am debating on whether we want to spend all that money for water slides if you really can't get to ride many of them. We live by a really good water park but my dh and dd went the other day and spent the whole day there and only rode 5 slides. Not worth it when the wait times are 1-2 hours. Both of my ds will probably not ride the slides at all. Plus we have season passes at Sea World and go to the water parks all the time. So, when you went did you get to experience all of the slides or were the wait times insane? Just thinking we may skip the Aquadventure and just go and see the aquarium and the dig site instead and go back to the ship.

We rode everything at least once. Went in July and it was HOT (many of their paths are stone which gets even hotter than concrete so take water shoes if you're going in the summer). Lines weren't toooo bad early but by afternoon we waited an hour (or so) for a couple of things. The not so lazy lazy river was a lot of fun tho. I really enjoyed that. We booked a room at Comfort Suites which was way cheaper than paying DCL's price. The aquarium is neat but I wouldn't schlep over there just for that.... How busy they are may depend on the time of year that you go. I would guess that winter could be chilly & not so popular of a choice for a water park. :)

We went the first week of June last year, and the only ride that had a wait was the tube ride that finishes up with in the shark tank. Everything else was walk on (wait less than 5 people in front of you) We spent most of time in the not so lazy river which was amazing, but did all the "blaster" slides at least twice. It rained (but not thunderstorm) about 2 PM, and lots of people left, so we took advantage of the "shark ride" with minimal wait. We got back in the lazy river and by the time we did a circuit, it had stopped.

We did everything we wanted to do and then some. We also did CS and paid about half of the Disney excursion.

Was it the expensive day at a water park ever? Yes. Was it worth it, I'd say YES, as you'd on vacation. The only place that has a better water park is Schlitterbalm (sp) in Texas (that build all of the new section of the Atlantis)

Was it the expensive day at a water park ever? Yes. Was it worth it, I'd say YES, as you'd on vacation. The only place that has a better water park is Schlitterbalm (sp) in Texas (that build all of the new section of the Atlantis)

We live 45 minutes from Schlitterbahn which was the water park I was referring, 20 minutes from Fiesta Texas, and 10 from Sea World which all has good water parks. It is good to see that atleast you are getting on rides,,,,I guess the only reason I would do it was because we would be on vacation,,,but I think only if we can meet someone from our dis meet that might split a room with us at Comfort Suites since we are a family of 5. I cannot see spending $700 for DCL excursion or buying two rooms at Comfort Suites which would still be about $500+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter