Wait Time for Guest Services at MK

happilyeverafterdw

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I am wondering how much time I should plan at guest services before Magic Kindgom opens. I am upgrading park tickets to annual pass. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea how long it usually takes or if there is usually a long line in the morning at MK for guest services? Also, is the process long to upgrade to the AP?
Thank you!

It will depend on the time of year. Last August there was no wait (early August). We also did it at the TTC and we were activating not upgrading. I think the whole process was 10-15 min for 2 of us and they refunded my parking onto a gift card.

I was just there a couple of weeks ago. I was there probably 30 minutes before park opening- I probably waited 10-15 minutes?

My best idea was I gave DH the bags and the kids, and I went through the "No Bag" security line real quick and hopped in line for GS. Then DH was waiting for bag check at the same time I was waiting at GS. They walked up about the same time I got to the window.

You could wait until later in the day to do the upgrade.
Afternoons will find fewer guests waiting for Guest Relations.
Just use the regular tickets to go into the park yhat morning.
Then lster, when you’re ready for a break, upgrade the tickets.

We were there last April to renew our APs and TiW card. We got there 30 minutes before the park opened. We had 1 person in front of us. It took us 10 minutes to renew and activate both.

Wanted to point out that you can do this on the app after you've entered the park. No need to go to GS at all.
But, I believe you still have to go to Guest Services to activate the AP, so I'm not sure doing that on the app really helps you much.

But, I believe you still have to go to Guest Services to activate the AP, so I'm not sure doing that on the app really helps you much.
You do have to pick it up but that can be done at a ticket counter vs. GS. There are more of those, can be faster. Took just a few minutes when we did it in Oct. with my friend

Wanted to point out that you can do this on the app after you've entered the park. No need to go to GS at all.
Could you please explain how to do this in the app? (i.e. which screen/menu choice brings you to option to upgrade to AP)

You do have to pick it up but that can be done at a ticket counter vs. GS. There are more of those, can be faster. Took just a few minutes when we did it in Oct. with my friend

You don't have to go to Guest Relations to do the upgrade, either.
Ticket booths can upgrade tickets and/or activate APs.

Could you please explain how to do this in the app? (i.e. which screen/menu choice brings you to option to upgrade to AP)
The My Tickets screen. Though it won't do it until you have entered the park at least once. It will remain an option until the end of the upgrade period on that particular ticket.

I agree you don't have to do the upgrade before you use the ticket, you just have to MAKE SURE to do the upgrade before the ticket while it is still valid (before it expires and before entitlements are fully used).

To answer your original question though, the wait varies. On a slow week the wait will be shorter than it will be on say, the 2 weeks around Easter.

I agree you don't have to do the upgrade before you use the ticket, you just have to MAKE SURE to do the upgrade before the ticket while it is still valid (before it expires and before entitlements are fully used).

To answer your original question though, the wait varies. On a slow week the wait will be shorter than it will be on say, the 2 weeks around Easter.
The only time you have to use the ticket first is to do it on the app. It won't "turn on the option" until the ticket has been used at least once. For whatever reason

Confused here-can you activate new annual passes on the app? Never had APs before-we were told they had to be activated at Guest Services in one of the parks or the TTC before we could enter the park.

I did this in January. I wanted to take care of this the night before our first day in the park and was directed to the Guest Services in Disney Springs. They are open late.

It actually took me a long time because in addition to the Annual Pass upgrade, I was also looking for the refund to my pre-paid Memory Maker (since photos are included in the Annual Pass)... and to get the 15% discount on a tour I also pre-paid for. So, the guy had to work some magic between refunds, issuing credit on gift cards and charging the difference on the tickets.

In hindsight, I think you can upgrade to an Annual Pass after your visit. Maybe save the trouble and do it then unless you want to take advantage of meal and tour discounts during the trip.

It actually took me a long time because in addition to the Annual Pass upgrade, I was also looking for the refund to my pre-paid Memory Maker (since photos are included in the Annual Pass)... and to get the 15% discount on a tour I also pre-paid for. So, the guy had to work some magic between refunds, issuing credit on gift cards and charging the difference on the tickets.

In hindsight, I think you can upgrade to an Annual Pass after your visit. Maybe save the trouble and do it then unless you want to take advantage of meal and tour discounts during the trip.
Disney Springs GS -UGH! Yes, it is slow there.

Your ticket has to be valid to upgrade, and new WDW tickets are only valid for a few days now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter