VWL room suggestions??

Epcot Mom

Mouseketeer
We're about to join at the lodge and want any opinions on what room to request. For example, when we stay at the regular part of the lodge, we always requested to not be on the top floor as the balcony is built into the roof line and our 2 yr old can't see over it.

Are there balcony issues?
Do any rooms look at the lake?
What do you think is the best view and why?
Is the pool noisy...should we request to be away from it? Same for the bus stop?

Are there toasters in the studio rooms?

How inflated are grocery prices if we buy at the lodge after we arrive? We'll be taking Tiffany in so we can do a grocery stop but we're thinking that we won't want to make the delay. Of course, I also don't want to pay $7 for gallon of milk. All we'll be after is milk, oj and cereal. Is there a good variety of food available at the Mercantile?

Thanks for all the help! We're looking forward to our first trip as DVC members!

Raeleen

We toured WLV last week. Here is what I remember.

No lake views. Trees block the way.

I believe the building is only two or three stories.

The pool is on the "lake" side of the hotel, but it is a "quiet" pool, no attraction to bring other guests over so noise shouldn't be too bad.

Studios don't have toasters, but you can request one from Housekeeping.

Hope this helps,

Clark Averill

DxL 95
DL 97
Off-Site 98-Courtyard/DD
DxL 00
Joined DVC - Sept 00
BWV - Feb 01

I have not yet seen the villas, but can tell you that you do not want to depend on the mercantile for your grocery needs unless you have much more money than time!

Selection is not bad by way of variety of snacks, etc, but the milk, juice, etc will get real expensive if you want enough to drink every day (for a family...) not too bad if you just want some milk in the room for coffee....

Have done WL a few times, and love it, hope to buy there soon, trying to convince DW that the 70k remodel job on the house shouldn't affect our plans to buy at VWL!!!! (trying to convince myself and my accountant, too!!!

Jon

WDW '85 offsite
DL '85
DL '87
WDW '89 offsite
WL '97
WL '97 (again!)
WH '99
WL '99
AStSp '99 (YUCKY!!!)
DCL/Poly Jun/July '02

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter