VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

dd6e790a25a4bd0fe0058add669a0316.gif

For those who may not be able to read the gif:

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
- An Irish Blessing.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
326367-Snoopy-And-Woodstock-St-Patrick-s-Day-Quote.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, Groupies! How are my dear friends doing these days?

We actually have a trip planned in about 5 weeks at VWL, so I'll be happy to take pictures of any of the refurb you might want to see. We'll be staying in a 1BR.

I think we will test out Genie+ this trip just to familiarize ourselves with it before the big October family trip. After all, I'm supposed to be the "WDW Expert" in the family, so I have a reputation to uphold! :)

Hello Groupie Friends,

Some sad news here - my sweet mom passed last month. While the last few years were a challenge, she lived a good life, and I am happy she is now with my dad and brother.

We have had a trip planned for next month, but until today, all I had was the room reservation. @Granny we arrive the day after you and depart on the same day. I will send a pm, hope we can get together! Like you, I’m going to look Genie+ (grrrrrr still bothers me, but I digress).

We fly JetBlue - now that terminal C is open I’m researching transportation. We’ve used Mears Connect before, and Sunshine is offering a special deal, but they don’t appear to depart from Terminal C. Nothing is easy any more, haha. I am definitely missing “simpler“ days of WDW a trip planning.

Hello Groupie Friends,

Some sad news here - my sweet mom passed last month. While the last few years were a challenge, she lived a good life, and I am happy she is now with my dad and brother.

We have had a trip planned for next month, but until today, all I had was the room reservation. @Granny we arrive the day after you and depart on the same day. I will send a pm, hope we can get together! Like you, I’m going to look Genie+ (grrrrrr still bothers me, but I digress).

We fly JetBlue - now that terminal C is open I’m researching transportation. We’ve used Mears Connect before, and Sunshine is offering a special deal, but they don’t appear to depart from Terminal C. Nothing is easy any more, haha. I am definitely missing “simpler“ days of WDW a trip planning.
My condolences on the loss of your mother Corinne. :hug:

Hello Groupie Friends,

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope knowing she is with your Dad and brother brings you comfort.

@Corinne....heartfelt condolences from Mrs. Granny and I. No matter how long we have our parents, it's never long enough. Prayers for your Mom as well as your entire family at this time.

Corinne, I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you can take refuge in knowing your Mom is at rest now and with your Dad and your Brother. May God allow you to rest in His arms and seek the peace that only He can give

As mentioned, I am now in planning mode…we have had AP’s forever, but we never renewed them in September. I purchased park hoppers and *believe* I have successfully linked them to our accounts on MDE and added to my Apple wallet. I have 2 questions:

1) In my Apple wallet, my affiliations show DVC Y, ANNUAL (obvi the DVC is correct) but the annual is not, does this mean my wallet still has my annual pass info?

2) How can I tell if my wallet has the correct pass, as the ID a number does not correspond to either the expired pass or our tickets lurched from Undercover Tourist.

As mentioned, I am now in planning mode…we have had AP’s forever, but we never renewed them in September. I purchased park hoppers and *believe* I have successfully linked them to our accounts on MDE and added to my Apple wallet. I have 2 questions:

1) In my Apple wallet, my affiliations show DVC Y, ANNUAL (obvi the DVC is correct) but the annual is not, does this mean my wallet still has my annual pass info?
Many people have reported this, including people who have never had an AP. I’d ignore it - it doesn’t seem to cause any problems.
2) How can I tell if my wallet has the correct pass, as the ID a number does not correspond to either the expired pass or our tickets lurched from Undercover Tourist.
The ID number seems to be a MagicMobile ID number, unrelated to your ticket. Again, I’d ignore it. Just make sure that the ticket shown in the Tickets and Passes section of MDE is the correct current ticket, i.e., a park hopper with the correct number of days.

Yes mine says DVC Y, CAST, and AP. My last AP was maybe 15 years ago? (CAST is correct, I am a TDS retiree). I thought it would go away, but it is still on there. Oh well, I never use it or need it.

Hi groupies! My experience with Genie+ was that it was worth paying for at MK, otherwise not as much. Take it for what it’s worth, but I’ll be paying for it on MK day and then just purchasing lightning lane for attractions at other parks as desired.

Question, has anyone ever had a scooter when staying at Bay Lake Tower? We had one when staying at SSR a few years back which was simple to leave outside the unit in the hallway to charge as everything is so open there. Just wondered how much hassle it would be at BLT as my wife’s knee is acting up and she isn’t eligible for another cortisone shot until after we return…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter