• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Happy news for this Canadian! Fully vaccinated Canadians will be allowed to travel without having to quarantine upon return to Canada as of early July. So that means my trip is on! 57 days and counting until our split stay between BWV and BRV!

Yay good for you! Looks like you are doing the same split stay we did last month!
We are thrilled! I am taking my oldest son to celebrate his 21st! He hasn't been to Disney since March of 2016 so there will be lots that is new for him. Any recommendations on room requests?

We are thrilled! I am taking my oldest son to celebrate his 21st! He hasn't been to Disney since March of 2016 so there will be lots that is new for him. Any recommendations on room requests?
When we stayed at BWV we requested a garden view. We overlooked the quiet pool. It was nice. There were a lot of trees around and we got to see a lot of lizards and birds. We could only enjoy it for a short time though because we had to switch rooms thanks to the screaming toddler next door. It was fine though cause we got upgraded to a boardwalk view! At VWL AKA BRV lol we asked for an upper room. We ended up on the first floor lol. It was fine though because we were near the lobby which was nice and our view was of the quiet pool. We loved having the curtains open and even opened the door when it was nice enough to.

Suse66
When we book standard room at BWV, we like to ask for near tennis courts. It makes the walk about even to both parks, its near a parking lot that makes navigating to the room a bit easier if hands are full, in case you have a car. If booked in a preferred or garden view, as DLI mentioned, around the quiet pool is a wonderful location and still makes for about an even walk to both parks, albeit a few more steps to HS
As for VWL, lake view is definitely a preferred choice amongst the masses, IMO. But its a small resort so gaining one of those rooms isn't impossible, but not the easiest. Our approach these days to that is realizing we have a 50/50 shot, so our main request is a high floor. We have been on the ground level and I cant say I'm fond of it, as we like to drink our Java on the porch at all DVC resorts, but our one time on 1st floor at VWL placed us squarely in view of all folks on the wooden walkway who we constantly caught glances with as they passed. Sitting in our PJs, hair all a mess didnt bode well for the world to see, so a whole week got us 10 mins on that porch :rotfl2:

One things for sure, you cant go wrong at either resort!

Heading back to FL for one final check of the work done at my mom's winter nest. I've already been told we're missing a door to a bathroom, apparently covid has made them scarce and it's on back order. We're also missing the under cabinet lighting -- somehow they "missed" that it was there before. C'mon. You don't miss that you need to unplug lights before removing cabinets. Hopefully they can find the light bars and at least leave them on the counter for me to drill out a hole or two and reinstall. It would be nice if they did it though as I'm not a handyman. At this point I don't think they're going to find the lights, someone probably trashed them. :(

Cleaning crew is coming Monday to give it a good once over (maybe they can tackle whatever that was I saw in the other bathroom's tub -- snake skin? :eek: Or probably just debris from the mitigation process).

Questions for my groupie friends:
  • Does anyone know where to pick up a Lyft from the SWA terminal? I'm calling a Lyft for the first time in my life tonight and a little nervous about where find the car. ETA - google says there are signs. excellent!
  • Is Disney allowing impromptu visits to the resorts yet? I'd like to visit WL lobby and grab QS without a dining reservation or park pass. Or maybe they'd allow me to park at the TTC later in the evening even without a park pass. I'm missing the lanterns and crickets.

Last edited:
Suse66
When we book standard room at BWV, we like to ask for near tennis courts. It makes the walk about even to both parks, its near a parking lot that makes navigating to the room a bit easier if hands are full, in case you have a car. If booked in a preferred or garden view, as DLI mentioned, around the quiet pool is a wonderful location and still makes for about an even walk to both parks, albeit a few more steps to HS
As for VWL, lake view is definitely a preferred choice amongst the masses, IMO. But its a small resort so gaining one of those rooms isn't impossible, but not the easiest. Our approach these days to that is realizing we have a 50/50 shot, so our main request is a high floor. We have been on the ground level and I cant say I'm fond of it, as we like to drink our Java on the porch at all DVC resorts, but our one time on 1st floor at VWL placed us squarely in view of all folks on the wooden walkway who we constantly caught glances with as they passed. Sitting in our PJs, hair all a mess didnt bode well for the world to see, so a whole week got us 10 mins on that porch :rotfl2:

I can see what you mean about those first floor rooms facing the walkway. That would be a bit intrusive of your privacy. Where we were there wasn't really much foot traffic so we would have been better as far as that but we were more sun exposed. We never did actually sit outside but were happy with having the door open.

Questions for my groupie friends:
  • Does anyone know where to pick up a Lyft from the SWA terminal? I'm calling a Lyft for the first time in my life tonight and a little nervous about where find the car. ETA - google says there are signs. excellent!
  • Is Disney allowing impromptu visits to the resorts yet? I'd like to visit WL lobby and grab QS without a dining reservation or park pass. Or maybe they'd allow me to park at the TTC later in the evening even without a park pass. I'm missing the lanterns and crickets.

Sorry I don't know about this although I can say that even pre-Covid we've had a hard time visiting WL/VWL just driving. The guards there don't care if you want to go get the very yummy Magic Bar from Roaring Fork. :( Disney Springs could be another option though. Park there and bus to/from the lodge.

When we stayed at BWV we requested a garden view. We overlooked the quiet pool. It was nice. There were a lot of trees around and we got to see a lot of lizards and birds. We could only enjoy it for a short time though because we had to switch rooms thanks to the screaming toddler next door. It was fine though cause we got upgraded to a boardwalk view! At VWL AKA BRV lol we asked for an upper room. We ended up on the first floor lol. It was fine though because we were near the lobby which was nice and our view was of the quiet pool. We loved having the curtains open and even opened the door when it was nice enough to.
Great recommendations, thank you!
Suse66

We are booked in a garden/pool view room so will be sure to ask for near the quiet pool. I had already put in a request for a higher floor at VWL so hopefully we will get that. Ideally I would like lake view but as long as we have a balcony and are not near the dumpster, it's all good!
Our view from Beech Mt, NC
Beautiful! Is that near the NC side of the Smokies?

Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well on this Flag Day. Tomorrow morning DH and I leave on our Amtrak train trip. DH is a big train lover. He collects them and is always watching train videos. We have taken the train before but it has been over 7 years. We used to take the train sometimes from PA to Florida for our Disney trips. After the awful year he had last year this is something fun he can finally do. We leave from Flagstaff and go to Chicago. Then from Chicago we go to Emeryville CA. Really looking forward to this leg because we will go through the Rockies. Then from Emeryville we go to LA. Can't wait to have that ride down the coastline. We will have a couple days in LA. At first we were just gonna do things around there but then I thought oh hey we won't be that far from Disneyland so I talked my DH into going there for a day lol. After that back to Flagstaff and home. Should hopefully be fun.

Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well on this Flag Day. Tomorrow morning DH and I leave on our Amtrak train trip. DH is a big train lover. He collects them and is always watching train videos. We have taken the train before but it has been over 7 years. We used to take the train sometimes from PA to Florida for our Disney trips. After the awful year he had last year this is something fun he can finally do. We leave from Flagstaff and go to Chicago. Then from Chicago we go to Emeryville CA. Really looking forward to this leg because we will go through the Rockies. Then from Emeryville we go to LA. Can't wait to have that ride down the coastline. We will have a couple days in LA. At first we were just gonna do things around there but then I thought oh hey we won't be that far from Disneyland so I talked my DH into going there for a day lol. After that back to Flagstaff and home. Should hopefully be fun.

Sounds like an awesome trip DLI! Have fun!!!

I am SOOOO excited! Fireworks will be back starting July 1st and we will be there for it. I am pretty sure we will go live and stream them on our Mouse House Radio facebook page if anyone wants to watch.

We will be at Epcot on the 1st. Magic Kingdom on the 3rd and back to Epcot on the 4th.

Wooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am SOOOO excited! Fireworks will be back starting July 1st and we will be there for it. I am pretty sure we will go live and stream them on our Mouse House Radio facebook page if anyone wants to watch.

We will be at Epcot on the 1st. Magic Kingdom on the 3rd and back to Epcot on the 4th.

Oh yay - happy news!

Jen - is this from Disney Food Blog or WDW? Ive only seen it on the blog but hoping Disney has officially announced…we’ll be there in July so fingers crossed it’s official

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter