• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Goat feeder
Welcome to the groupies!!
Sounds like no matter where you pick, all are great choices for there own reasons
If I had to pick I would go with VWL(BRV)but I might be biased 😊

Well, we've pretty much settled on VWL (I may be a newcomer, but got to get the name right ;)), sure there may be less studios than the other 2 options (SSR and AKL), but we just love the feeling of nature at WL and think it sits nicely alongside the more European Riviera and the Poly, its a good contrast to the other resorts we own at we think. Also, we pretty much always plan our trips well in advance and book the day our 11 month window opens, so we don't think we'll have too many issues.

I guess the weird thing is, if the renovations do happen next year, we won't actually get to stay there as members for quite a while! We think it's a good move to get our resale contract sorted though before the refurb in case prices spike, so we're currently setting up alerts all over the place and waiting for the right contract to come along!

Well, we've pretty much settled on VWL (I may be a newcomer, but got to get the name right ;)), sure there may be less studios than the other 2 options (SSR and AKL), but we just love the feeling of nature at WL and think it sits nicely alongside the more European Riviera and the Poly, its a good contrast to the other resorts we own at we think. Also, we pretty much always plan our trips well in advance and book the day our 11 month window opens, so we don't think we'll have too many issues.

I guess the weird thing is, if the renovations do happen next year, we won't actually get to stay there as members for quite a while! We think it's a good move to get our resale contract sorted though before the refurb in case prices spike, so we're currently setting up alerts all over the place and waiting for the right contract to come along!
we chose brv for a resale and waiting rofr now.... the wait is so hard! Good luck on your search!

So we are trying to upgrade to a park hopper for our day at DL next month and boy what a hassle!!! I can't find anyway to do it online. DH was on hold for 2 hours yesterday just to get cut off then when he tried to call back it said they weren't doing a phone queue anymore for that day!!! Now he is trying again today and not even 10 minutes after the phone lines open up it says there is a 2 hour wait. I tell you if he waits that long and gets cut off again there may be a volcano eruption in Arizona lol. Seriously though this is ridiculous. I just sent an email and got a robot response that said it may take at least 5 days for me to hear back. Come on Disney. You can do better than this.

Last edited:

So...does anyone have an opinion on when they might start allowing FP reservations again? I'm working on our October trip and it is really weird not being able to think of FastPass booking. I am really hoping they don't bring it back as a paid service. But I am hoping they bring it back.

And I'm going to have to read up on the whole group thingy of getting onto Star Wars attractions. My son-in-law is a huge Star Wars fan and I think that section of DHS is the only reason he is willing to go to WDW. He and my DD don't mind getting up early, etc to get into a group. I just need the tutorial on how to do it. I'm sure it is on the DISBoards somewhere.

This is probably old news to most of you, but I had no idea they were going to convert existing hotel rooms at Grand Floridian to DVC. I guess I never thought they had low booking issues at GF? Here's what it says on the Member's site:

We are excited to share plans to reimagine one building of existing hotel rooms at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa into Disney Vacation Club Villas.
Starting next spring, we plan to convert Big Pine Key (Building 9) at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa into approximately 200 Resort Studios, each accommodating up to five people. Featuring the Victorian elegance and charm of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, these new Villas will offer Members luxury accommodations and amenities, with some Villas boasting stunning views of Bay Lake and Magic Kingdom. Projected to open in summer 2022, these new Villas are an expansion of The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and will be a part of its current condominium association.
We look forward to sharing more information about the start of sales and rental bookings with our Members at a later date.
I am surprised they are just folding them into the existing VGF resort. I suppose there are enough years on the contracts to make that work, plus demand will probably be very strong. That's a lot of studios to add into the DVC mix!

Last edited:

This is probably old news to most of you, but I had no idea they were going to convert existing hotel rooms at Grand Floridian to DVC. I guess I never thought they had low booking issues at GF? Here's what it says on the Member's site:

We are excited to share plans to reimagine one building of existing hotel rooms at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa into Disney Vacation Club Villas.
Starting next spring, we plan to convert Big Pine Key (Building 9) at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa into approximately 200 Resort Studios, each accommodating up to five people. Featuring the Victorian elegance and charm of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, these new Villas will offer Members luxury accommodations and amenities, with some Villas boasting stunning views of Bay Lake and Magic Kingdom. Projected to open in summer 2022, these new Villas are an expansion of The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and will be a part of its current condominium association.
We look forward to sharing more information about the start of sales and rental bookings with our Members at a later date.
I am surprised they are just folding them into the existing VGF resort. I suppose there is enough years on the contracts to make that work, plus demand will probably be very strong. That's a lot of studios to add into the DVC mix!

Yes, it was a surprising announcement! I didn't know GF had any booking issues either. I always thought from comments that issue was confined to AKL and WL which meant people were clearly confused on what really is the best. :teeth: The price of all the onsite locations has gotten to be quite surprising though. Some have said the new 4 Seasons took clientele that used to stay at GF.

Last edited:
Okay, I hadn't hear about the VGF expansion, guess I'm not reading the right threads these days. Thank you for sharing @Granny

Trying to get my mom to sell her house in Clermont, the one she's never at, and to instead pick up a DVC contract.
She's not driving, Disney has buses all over property. She wants a sense of security, Disney offers that. She wants someone to be with her, offer Disney on the plate and she's bound to have takers, LOL.

I think showing her VGF might get her to agree. Easier to take care of when the day comes she's no longer going south and she'll probably save money with dues over keeping a whole house operational year-round for just 14-30 days of use each year.

And I'm going to have to read up on the whole group thingy of getting onto Star Wars attractions. My son-in-law is a huge Star Wars fan and I think that section of DHS is the only reason he is willing to go to WDW. He and my DD don't mind getting up early, etc to get into a group. I just need the tutorial on how to do it. I'm sure it is on the DISBoards somewhere.
Granny
You go to the My Disney Experience on your phone in the App at 7am the day you and your party are going to be at HS. Make sure your whole party is in your App. The trick we found out is to continue swiping the phone to refresh the page. We learned this once the ROTR due opened back up at 1 that same day as we couldn't get a time at 7am. Luckily, a nice CM. at Ogas Cantina knew what we were trying to accomplish and he helped us out.

Oops it looks like I found the Disneyland thread. Let me try to fix this and find Walt Disney World thread
https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...planning-and-information-no-spoilers.3782822/

The technique may not be different but I Believe this thread will be more about Walt Disney World. Also thought this poster did a good job giving a quick synopsis of the technique-

You can open the app from home and practice going though the steps to get a BG.
When you get to the last step it won’t let you book because it knows you don’t have a ticket.
Everyone in your group should be included on the app. Everyone with a phone can try at the same time.
You need to have the app open about 3 minutes before the booking times (7am from anywhere or 1pm in The Studios the day you want to ride) have another device available and watch the clock ones the clock strikes 7am/1pm you need to click on the Join button. You will need to click it 3 different times. Just click don’t pause, don’t read, don’t wait.
Practice practice practice from home so you know what to expect.
My son and new daughter in law where there 2 weeks ago and went to the Studios 3 days and were able to get a BG all 3 mornings.

I had the Ipad open to watch the time
As soon as the hand hit 1:00 I hit join on my phone
View attachment 578383View attachment 578384
View attachment 578385

I have just been thinking about the MK boats at WL.

I use an ECV for park days and have read that ‘some’ boats are ECV accessible and some aren’t. I just wondered if anyone knew how that worked? Do they alternate? Is it usually a long wait for an ECV accessible boat etc?

Goat feeder
I know for sure the big white and yellow boats that go between WL and MK are definitely ECV accessible. I dont think the smaller ones that go between WL, FW and Contemporary are because you have to step down into those.

Speaking of boats, does anyone know if the boats between WL, FW and CR are back top and running yet? Also, is the Monorail running from TTC and Epcot back running again?

I have just been thinking about the MK boats at WL.

I use an ECV for park days and have read that ‘some’ boats are ECV accessible and some aren’t. I just wondered if anyone knew how that worked? Do they alternate? Is it usually a long wait for an ECV accessible boat etc?

They had been alternating them so it is possible it could be a wait.

I like to tout the best bus ride at WDW as another option. WL to MK is so quick and usually not busy.

Goat feeder
I know for sure the big white and yellow boats that go between WL and MK are definitely ECV accessible. I dont think the smaller ones that go between WL, FW and Contemporary are because you have to step down into those.

Speaking of boats, does anyone know if the boats between WL, FW and CR are back top and running yet? Also, is the Monorail running from TTC and Epcot back running again?

I think I read it's still no on both of those recently. Must be coming soon!

Hi Groupies, it’s been awhile. I feel life is getting back to “normal” and way too busy!!! I forget the last time I was on here. Trying to read back and catch up on everybody. VGF is very interesting and can’t wait to watch it play out. I knew it was very hard to book there. Someone had a question about booking VWL in Decembaer. I know this year is not the norm but for example I missed the 11 month mark by like 2 days and had to WL our 2 bedroom. I got a 1 bedroom for the first week of December but had t WL the 2. It came through but I was so mad at myself. It’s amazing how quickly everything is booking up. We have AP’s so I was trying to find a long weekend to add a cash stay and there is not much available the rest of the year. Hope everyone is doing well.

Granny
You go to the My Disney Experience on your phone in the App at 7am the day you and your party are going to be at HS. Make sure your whole party is in your App. The trick we found out is to continue swiping the phone to refresh the page. We learned this once the ROTR due opened back up at 1 that same day as we couldn't get a time at 7am. Luckily, a nice CM. at Ogas Cantina knew what we were trying to accomplish and he helped us out.
Jimmy...you always come through. Thanks for the tip. While I hate getting up early at WDW, I should be able to do this and then go back to sleep! Thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter