VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I am trying to lose some weight and keep myself from crossing the line from pre-diabetic into full-fledged diabetic. So, of course, when I was trying to think of a question this is where my mind went!

Question: If you could be enjoying a sweet treat at WDW right now, what would it be? (and where are you having it, unless your answer makes it obvious!)

Something that I really enjoyed at the Grand Floridian Café was the chocolate flavored frozen cappuccino. It was so yummy!!

I'm torn - Dole Whip Float or Magic Bar! Never tried the float until 4-5 years ago. Shouldn't have waited so long! haha I like Pineapple juice but generally don't care for ice cream floats so I think that's what held me back but the Dole Whip Float is awesome. Probably would be the Magic Bar at Roaring Fork though.

I'd have to list the Dole Whip as our favorite treat at WDW. Just have to have at least one on every trip!

But I'd have to add the Ohana Bread Pudding as an alternative. When we've eat at Kona Cafe, they don't have the bread pudding on their dessert menu but they've always been kind enough to bring me some from Ohana. And it's always excellent! :)

DOLE WHIP!
Oh, also, when they did the Frozen Summer Celebration at the Studios several years ago and had the dessert party (hands down the best value ever for an "extra" - reasonable cost at $69/adult and $39/child, parade viewing area with food and drinks, front row seats to the Frozen Sing-A-Long show, expedited entrance to Oaken's Trading Post & Frozen Funland for building a snowman and iceskating, and then dessert party and viewing location for the Frozen Stage Show & Fireworks), they had these Olaf Cheesecake Carrotcake Mix cake pops that were to die for. If I could bring those back,I would!

Honestly, I'd bring back a lot of the old dessert parties and buffets and the like, as they had much better selections. We did the Frozen Epcot Dessert Party recently, and it was disappointing in comparison *especially* considering how expensive it was! ($99/adult and $59/child). Not worth the cost, if you ask me, though getting to ride Frozen after was a nice addition.

But I'd have to add the Ohana Bread Pudding as an alternative. When we've eat at Kona Cafe, they don't have the bread pudding on their dessert menu but they've always been kind enough to bring me some from Ohana. And it's always excellent! :)

Making a note of that! I love bread pudding. One of the best parts of getting the "Feast" when staying at PVB. :dance3:

I love the orange swirl in Adventureland, preferred the original version but the new one is pretty awesome on a hot day too.
Nothing against pineapple, I love it, just not in an icecream or float form.
Runner up: School Bread. best when brought back to the room and enjoyed with some freshly brewed coffee in the morning.

I am trying to lose some weight and keep myself from crossing the line from pre-diabetic into full-fledged diabetic. So, of course, when I was trying to think of a question this is where my mind went!

Question: If you could be enjoying a sweet treat at WDW right now, what would it be? (and where are you having it, unless your answer makes it obvious!)

Oh my gosh! I have to pick just one? I can't! LOL OK I will narrow it down to two... a magic bar from Roaring Forks - or a huge fresh rice krispy treat.

Wednesday is my 11 month window day. This will be a full family trip over the 4th of July and my birthday. I am going to book 10 days at our (and your) home - BRV in a one bedroom. Then 10 days later I will book 4 more nights in a one bedroom at Vero. But before either of those we will kick our stay off with 2 nights at POR -with *maybe* at trip to Universal while we are staying there. Our oldest is a huge Harry Potter fan and we haven't been back to see the 2nd or new Harry Potter area there. The planets will need to align just right for that to happen - but I am being hopeful. I am also a bit nervous about booking at all for next summer with so much up in the air - but we have points that need to be used. Worse comes to worse and I have to postpone - maybe Ian and I can use those points for another early December trip to celebrate out anniversary. Really hoping for our big summer family trip though. It is going to be heartbreaking if we have to cancel it. Can't really postpone it unless we go over Christmas break with our oldest being a teacher.

Anyone else getting already book for next summer or getting ready to?

Anyone else getting already book for next summer or getting ready to?

Rather than take our usual two trips a year, we are thinking of one bigger trip to include my daughters and their families/friends. Possibly in October. Everything is so up in the air but as you say, we need to use the points or lose them.

I think DVC will be a hot mess for the next couple of years, and 7 month bookings at non-home resorts may be very challenging. Even 11 month home resort booking will be interesting with all the points in the system. I think that people walking reservations will become much more common.

Thought I would post a new question if that is ok.
Have you ever seen a celebrity at WDW? Either performing or just as a park guest.

We have had quite a few sightings over the years! We saw Dick Clark at dinner at the restaurant formerly known as Spoodles. We’ve seen numerous athlete/ESPN figures (couldn’t name them bc I’m not that interested]!

Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz @ DHS when they were dating.

Many Candlelight processional narrators/Garden Rocks/Eat to the Beat performers (both performing and at the Beach Club). Including Mickey Dolens & Kurt Russell.

Several years ago, we were at a taping (portions) of the Christmas Parade and saw Robin Roberts and Tim Tebow. I am sure there are others, but that’s all I can recall for now!3CAD2083-4FA8-477B-A42D-D08E6B411872.jpeg57F4CAB6-4F83-40CB-AEC7-49BC78DE5B31.jpeg

We have had quite a few sightings over the years! We saw Dick Clark at dinner at the restaurant formerly known as Spoodles. We’ve seen numerous athlete/ESPN figures (couldn’t name them bc I’m not that interested]!

Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz @ DHS when they were dating.

Many Candlelight processional narrators/Garden Rocks/Eat to the Beat performers (both performing and at the Beach Club). Including Mickey Dolens & Kurt Russell.

Several years ago, we were at a taping (portions) of the Christmas Parade and saw Robin Roberts and Tim Tebow. I am sure there are others, but that’s all I can recall for now!View attachment 514256View attachment 514257
Wow you have seen a lot!!

We saw 10,000 Maniacs at Festival of the Holidays, but no Natalie Merchant so I don't think that counts. :)
When we stayed at the Portofino at Universal, Pres. George Bush was staying there too. (this was in June 2002) We never saw him, but we saw the snipers on the roof of our hotel!

I've been so lucky being able to modify our reservations in the past from regular hotel rooms to villas, but reading everyone's comments about how difficult it will be in the next 2 years to get reservations, I'm wondering if my luck is going to run out in 2022!!

Have you ever seen a celebrity at WDW? Either performing or just as a park guest.

years ago - like way back in the mid to late 80's I saw a celebrity doing a commercial at DL. But for the life of me I can not remember his name - even though I can picture his face very clearly.

In 2018 I almost walked (literally) right into Diane Barbarro from Say Yes To The Dress. We were leaving the park walking out on the sidewalk. We were right in front of the bakery. It was super crowded. She cut through - RIGHT in front of me. I had to stop dead in my tracks or I would have taken her out. I immediately knew who she was and by the look on my face she knew it. She had this "oh no I have been spotted look" on hers. I just smiled at her, but didn't say a thing. When she realized I wasn't going to say anything she smiled back and walked into the bakery.

We have also seen Gary Sinise and Meredith Vieira at the Candlelight Processional.

We saw 10,000 Maniacs at Festival of the Holidays, but no Natalie Merchant so I don't think that counts. :)
When we stayed at the Portofino at Universal, Pres. George Bush was staying there too. (this was in June 2002) We never saw him, but we saw the snipers on the roof of our hotel!

I've been so lucky being able to modify our reservations in the past from regular hotel rooms to villas, but reading everyone's comments about how difficult it will be in the next 2 years to get reservations, I'm wondering if my luck is going to run out in 2022!!
Oh yeah how can there be a 10,000 Maniacs without her?

I saw Jodi Benson when she narrated the Processional. Also saw Neil Patrick Harris when he did it but it was cool because earlier in the day we say him at AK at the FotLK. Also Tony Orlando performing.

Hmmmm - My nieces saw Whoopi - she was there for the CP which we saw later that evening. I saw Richard Kind with a Plaid at DL. Also had Rick Springfield walk past my table at the America food stand following one of his concerts. And we've been to several CP's and concerts - Edward James Olmos, Whoopi, Chita Rivera, Dennis Haysbert and one or two others.

President Obama was at MK while I was attending a conference at CR and had an MK view room. Got to see more big black SUV's in one location than I ever thought possible. I went to DHS instead to avoid the mayhem that started early so not an actual siting.

I've been at DL while when a couple of the premiers were going on - both WOC and Carsland but I didn't go watch the "red carpet".

And I've seen the big cheese himself - Mickey Mouse! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter