VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

This is a hard question - BC, BWV, GF, BLT & AK are really all too close to call - so I’m going to say OKW due to room and balcony size and overall relaxed atmosphere.

Great responses!
My daughter has been asking to stay at AKL for a while now, but I always veto it because I don't like landlocked resorts. Even if we don't go to DS, I like walking along the riverfront at POFQ.
If we ever decide to stay at BWV again I think I'm going to have to make a better room request or maybe pay extra for a preferred room. I was so afraid of being near the bus stop and car unloading area that my request for a quiet room put me as far away from the elevators and lobby as you can get! But it was great for Food and Wine.

If you have a preferred room at BWV, you can request a green/common room view. It's the lawn area opposite of the boat dock. I've been fortunate to get this area every time we request it, and aside from the boats and the occasional family yelling as they pass by, it's very quiet and close to the lobby. Bonus points go to the music that floats up to the balcony.
We only have a standard room this time. Boooooo

Favorite resort(s) after VWL and why?
Notice I put a S after resort, I cant, for the life of me, just choose one.

BLT and BWV are a tie for me. As others mentioned, location is a big plus. BWV is our 2nd home, so we have a fondness for it, as Granny mentioned, the Standard rooms are a bargain. BLT, who doesn't love a quick walk to MK! And the amenities at CR, monorail and boat to surrounding resorts, all encompass a great stay for me.

OKW, big rooms!! And reminds me of the peace and tranquil environment that VWL encompasses. SSR has become a fave, though it took many years to grow on me. Love the QS there(best on property at a resort IMO)and a quick boat to SSR gives lots more choices for eats!

OK, I know this has to wrap up, so, KIDANI rounds it out. Love waking up to the animals outside the door while enjoying a cup o Joe on the balcony. Biggest downside, long, long, long hallways, plus proximity to remainder of property. Its a great place if spending more time at resort and less time at parks, or if you have your own transportation.

Not honorable mentions, but rather, since they are not tied to WDW, favorites for different reasons. Aulani and VGC. We have been fortunate enough to go to Aulani twice and VGC once. Aulani is so relaxing and laid back, it creates a feel of peace. VGC, beautiful resort, that feels so much like VWL, so it was instant comfort for us. Plus walking out the door to a park, and the lounge there is awesome! Reminds me of Territory Lounge before the Seven Dwarves invaded the area :rotfl2:

If there were only one Moderate resort room available on property, which would you hope for? And why?
For me, it would be Coronado Springs. Love the atmosphere there! Good places to eat and the most awesome pool environment on property(I know, Stormalong Bay is awesome too). I feel settled as soon as I hit the door. And the Main Lobby and just outside the doors looking like The Eagles Hotel California album gets props from me too :teeth:

If there were only one Moderate resort room available on property, which would you hope for? And why?
For me, it would be Coronado Springs. Love the atmosphere there! Good places to eat and the most awesome pool environment on property(I know, Stormalong Bay is awesome too). I feel settled as soon as I hit the door. And the Main Lobby and just outside the doors looking like The Eagles Hotel California album gets props from me too :teeth:
I have never stayed in a moderate before so our next trip will be the first time. We wanted to add a night to our trip and didn't really want to do a value. So we decided on Coronado Springs. It will just be for one night but I'm hoping we will get in early enough to really be able to explore it. I have watched videos of it and it seems really nice. The theme will be really familiar since I live in AZ lol. Looking forward to it.

Question: What is your second favorite resort after the WL, and why?

It's an impossible question! ;)

I've actually never met a DVC resort that I didn't like but of course there are favorite things about each of them. I find it hard to get a good rank on that though. Also, and I've said it here before, but VGC is actually my favorite DVC resort. Shhhh :tiptoe:

I'll have to just go with the onsite one's we stay at more than others: BWV, AKV, VGF and BLT. Honorable mention to PVB - just wish they had more than studios but the location for transportation is great. BCV of course is a great location, OKW has great rooms and laid back atmosphere and SSR makes it easy for DS and the THV's are unique. Wherever I'm at it's probably my favorite of the day. :thumbsup2

The only moderate I've stayed at was Dixie Landing's and liked it well enough to go back a second time. So I believe POR would be the choice! Are FW cabins still in the moderate category? If so then I'd believe that would become my first choice.

We haven't stayed in a moderate yet, but I would probably be torn between Coronado Springs and Port Orleans. I think if I had to choose, I'd go with Port Orleans just because of the convention traffic at Coronado Springs. I don't really know if I would prefer Riverside over French Quarter but we do like Boatright's restaurant and the boats to Disney Springs.

I think I'm going to have to say a top floor corner room at POFQ like my daughter and I had. Of course if she and her family were going we would need another, hopefully adjoining room, so we probably wouldn't get a corner. Even though we were in Building 7 which is pretty far from the food court and bus stop, nothing at that hotel is really far and that's why it has so many fans. Plus, we found a shortcut to the bus stop which was great. Speaking of the bus stop, there is just one and it is not shared with Riverside. Love the music and the theming. The beignets were nice, but very overhyped IMO. It's very pretty at Christmas also. Lastly, the CMs were so nice!! The only negative was the new beds were too high for me to get into. It sounds funny, but it was tough on my back trying to get in it without hurting myself! I read, after I got home of course, that you can ask housekeeping for a step stool. I would definitely do that, or even order a cheap one on amazon, if we went back. Sorry this is so long!!!

My favorite DVC resort(s) are BCV and BWV. The Epcot area is still our favorite.

We have only stayed at a moderate resort once...Dixie Landings. When we stayed there, many years ago (hence the resort name), it was pre-DVC Ownership, and we had only stayed at YC onsite. We spent one night at Dixie and called to see if there was a room available at the YC. :duck:

I was a Disney store CM at the time, and received 50% off rack rates.

Now that I have revealed my snobish resort opinions, I would have to agree with POFQ, since it seems a bit smaller and the grounds are lovely. I also love the Coronado pool.

Seeing lots of PO fans here, I will say that we are fond of the Alligator Bayou area at Riverside. We stayed once at the Magnolia Bend area, and though our room was very close to the main lobby area, we still liked Alligator area better. Maybe its me and my "back woodsy ways" that made me feel more at ease there :rotfl2:

Love, love, love to see the YeeHaw Bob show at River Roost! Its a hoot and a half and I never tire of it.

Maybe one day we will give French Quarter a shot. I have heard nothing but good things about it. And thats the closet I will ever get to the real FQ. My brother played in our HS band at Mardi Gras once and told me stories that will curl the hairs on the back of your neck. Nope, will never step foot in the real FQ.

And thats the closet I will ever get to the real FQ. My brother played in our HS band at Mardi Gras once and told me stories that will curl the hairs on the back of your neck. Nope, will never step foot in the real FQ.

I am right with you there! My DH was there for work once and, let's just say I have an aversion to people throwing up, and he said the drinking and sickness in the street began as early as 10 am! Made it kind of hard to enjoy the music and everything else. Also, it was a dangerous place to be.

I am trying to lose some weight and keep myself from crossing the line from pre-diabetic into full-fledged diabetic. So, of course, when I was trying to think of a question this is where my mind went!

Question: If you could be enjoying a sweet treat at WDW right now, what would it be? (and where are you having it, unless your answer makes it obvious!)

Something that I really enjoyed at the Grand Floridian Café was the chocolate flavored frozen cappuccino. It was so yummy!!

I am trying to lose some weight and keep myself from crossing the line from pre-diabetic into full-fledged diabetic. So, of course, when I was trying to think of a question this is where my mind went!

Question: If you could be enjoying a sweet treat at WDW right now, what would it be? (and where are you having it, unless your answer makes it obvious!)

Something that I really enjoyed at the Grand Floridian Café was the chocolate flavored frozen cappuccino. It was so yummy!!
Either a crepe or creme brule from France. Oh so good. Dang I can't wait to be able to eat them!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter