VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

KAT You are correct, we were sitting in the lobby at BLT in one of those wood chairs, I looked up and thought to myself, I am going to see if the groupies know where I am:D

Celebrities? Maybe Notorious Outlaws . . . . .
Well, that too:stitch2:

CaptD and I agree, this is a soon to be uncovered pool table outside on the waterway at the new Community Hall. The area is attached to Geyser Point

And here is a shot of us unsettled settlers as we go about doing the dirty business of removing cabins in above photos(refreshments will be served afterwards at Geyser Point):D:drinking1popcorn::
Stay tuned as CaptD and myself are cooking up a good plan. It involves bow and arrows, fire and the 2 little islands(one formally known as Discovery Island)at night. People will mistake it for fireworks as the arrows fly into the night oh so gently towards the cabins. This needs to happen prior to opening in July as we don't won't innocents hurt or worse. Oh, one other thing, no arrows are to fly towards Geyser Point, its up and running, don't you know, so we need a place close by to refresh ourselves after the raid and beat our chests proudly just before they haul us off:wave2:

Jimmy...I am thoroughly enjoying your photos and running commentary. And your plan on our midnight raid across Bay Lake is pure military genius! General R.E. Lee would be proud of you! :thumbsup2

Hello Groupies :yay:
We're missing Our Happy Place already.
The big guy is still talking about Geyser Point and wanting to go back.
( Big thanks to DDad's positive influence )
So I booked another short stay next January
on our way down to St Pete and
a week in April at Beach Club :thumbsup2

:bday: A Belated Happy Birthday to Marie :cake:

and Happy Anniversary to Kathy and Le :cheer2::cool1:

Sorry if this has been covered already. Can anyone tell me when the new pool by Boulder Ridge villas is scheduled to be completed and opened? Thanks!

Just passed ROFR on 220 June use year contract! Still have to go through closing and Estoppel but so excited to call this our home!!!
:welcome: HOME! Congratulations and also welcome to the Groupies! You've chosen a superb place to call home, and we hope you'll stop by often here on our thread. We're a friendly bunch and love to see new owners at VWL and the new CCVC, as well.

tinkerbellybutton: No on knows for sure when the pool will be open. The best guess is certainly no later than mid-July when the new CCVC suites and cabins open for business. As the pool has been filled, chances are it will open sooner than that, but I wouldn't count on such serendipity. Also, WELCOME!

Now - bit of a warning....

Since the intro of CCV? There has been VASTLY increased activity in attempted BRV bookings - primarily rental points

IF you are an owner? Please, USE that 11 month booking window.

All your choice. We've already booked 4-2018,

Sorry if this has been covered already. Can anyone tell me when the new pool by Boulder Ridge villas is scheduled to be completed and opened? Thanks!

Tinkerbellybutton...love your user name! And as Sleepy indicated, there is not an official opening date for the new pool. Cast members seem to bring up July 4 as the target date for the pool and re-opening Roaring Fork QS, but I agree that for sure they will be open by July 17 when CCV guests start coming in. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Just passed ROFR on 220 June use year contract! Still have to go through closing and Estoppel but so excited to call this our home!!!

Bernina....

welcome-1.jpg

WELCOME HOME to both DVC ownership and to this friendly little thread. Here's a little Moose Dust (our version of pixie dust) coming your way to help get through the whole process. Good luck!!!

Last edited:
Now - bit of a warning....

Since the intro of CCV? There has been VASTLY increased activity in attempted BRV bookings - primarily rental points

IF you are an owner? Please, USE that 11 month booking window.

All your choice. We've already booked 4-2018,

Good tip, Dean. ::yes:: We always book at the 11 month mark and then sometimes switch at 7 months to another resort if it is available. But our last two trips and the next one are all at VWL and all were booked at the 11 month mark.

Thank you all for the very warm welcome. We absolutely love the resort. We're from Michigan and the whole place has a very up north vibe which is so welcome after long days of craziness at the parks. We felt right at home during our first stay (rental points).

Thank you for the tip on maximizing that 11 mo window. This is our first DVC contract and will need to learn the ropes for sure.

Jimmytammy thanks for all the great pictures! I am especially excited about the raid! Since I finished my last day of school today, I'll be happy to help out with the raid!

We booked our 2018 spring break at 11 months for VWL. I may look around at 7 months, but I'm thinking we will more than likely keep our stay so we can check out all the new amenities at the lodge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter