VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Thanks for the pics, jade!

Good thing I came to this page or I would have forgotten Luv's birthday (her 29th)! :duck:Actually, we are headed to Charlotte tomorrow (her actual day) for a few errands, so I'm certain dining will be involved. The big gift is coming next Friday--we depart for the World and the Lodge! Speaking of, we're still on for the 5 May BHGM, Part Deux, Act I. (I believe Act II is the 11th?) Can't wait!

Mornin' groupies! Have one early morning and the 5k completed and off the books and the bling to prove it. A fun morning! Even was interviewed by a local news channel as we were waiting for things to get going - my bright orange Ewok hood drew them in. :chewy: Next a relatively easy day, we'll probably pop in to MK and later on to Epcot so my cousin can see the Frozen ride. Her nephew and his family arrive today as he's doing the Darkside side challenge (10k tomorrow and half marathon Sun) so we'll try and catch up with them along the way. Then hopefully early to bed for a slightly earlier morning tomorrow for our 10k participation.

Last night we were able to catch the higher fireworks from both Epcot and DHS from our room simultaneously as they were both at 9pm. It was something that made it so very obvious how much they've decreased the amount of fireworks for the DHS show - it's really down to very little. :(
Back on Wednesday night I had a great meal at the Grand Floridian Cafe - it'll become a frequent stop! Then I headed over to MK to catch Wishes and will also plan on it either Sat or Sunday night for one last time before it's gone. MK was PACKED!!! I ended up just walking around the entire time and catching the show from various locations and made it back what has become my area of preference to view by BOG for the final minutes. Great as always!

Well, onward to the fun!

A couple photos from this morning....20170421_071814.jpg 20170421_051701.jpg 20170421_072040.jpg

Attachments

• 20170421_070500.jpg
    977.9 KB · Views: 4
Mornin' groupies! Have one early morning and the 5k completed and off the books and the bling to prove it. A fun morning! Even was interviewed by a local news channel as we were waiting for things to get going - my bright orange Ewok hood drew them in. :chewy: Next a relatively easy day, we'll probably pop in to MK and later on to Epcot so my cousin can see the Frozen ride. Her nephew and his family arrive today as he's doing the Darkside side challenge (10k tomorrow and half marathon Sun) so we'll try and catch up with them along the way. Then hopefully early to bed for a slightly earlier morning tomorrow for our 10k participation.

Last night we were able to catch the higher fireworks from both Epcot and DHS from our room simultaneously as they were both at 9pm. It was something that made it so very obvious how much they've decreased the amount of fireworks for the DHS show - it's really down to very little. :(
Back on Wednesday night I had a great meal at the Grand Floridian Cafe - it'll become a frequent stop! Then I headed over to MK to catch Wishes and will also plan on it either Sat or Sunday night for one last time before it's gone. MK was PACKED!!! I ended up just walking around the entire time and catching the show from various locations and made it back what has become my area of preference to view by BOG for the final minutes. Great as always!

Well, onward to the fun!

A couple photos from this morning....View attachment 232475 View attachment 232476 View attachment 232477
Awesome Pics!!

I need to go back and catch up because I'm a few pages behind, but did anyone see that Humphrey posted on his FB page that a WL CM mentioned that it is possible that the pool will be ready by Memorial Day(ish). That would be great as we are there 6/3-6/11. I won't hold my breath but it will be a nice addition, if so. Also, someone else on his page mentioned hearing from another CM that RF may make it back open by then...but again all this is just speculation. Take it with a grain of salt.

Favorites and why?
2. QS in WDW...Flametree BBQ. . . Can't beat a good BBQ
'

We like that to.

To be honest, the EPCOT booths have become our favorite QS now, if you can call it that I guess.

This week had the Scallops and Tenderloin for $12.75 at Canada. ($6 ea).

No wait at all and enough food IMO, no deep frying. Much more taste, and had many more this week as well. RN pics.

beef.jpg

scallops.jpg

They asked for a Dr which there was one on board and had paramedics meet the flight but the person was moving under their own steam so that was good!
Oh no...though I am glad it wasn't as serious as it could've been.

I have arrived at the World after a long travel day.
Yay!

I may never get my lakeside request at VWL but I do well most other places and got a doozy here - exactly what I hoped for!
Glad it worked out! ENJOY!

1. TS in WDW
Probably California Grill, though it has been awhile, and I haven't eaten at enough signatures to make a fair comparison. For a non-signature character meal, I like Crystal Palace breakfast or 1900 Park Fair breakfast.

2. QS in WDW
Probably CHH. Geyser Point seems like it will be nice, as well.

3. Value, Mod, Deluxe and DVC(even if VWL is not your fave, no judgements here:D)
Okay so I will preface this with saying I haven't stayed in all the ones that I am picking as my favorite bc some of the ones I have stayed in are in NO WAY my favorite. Like Value...I think I have stayed All Star Movies and Music, which was fine the two times I did it, but I would pick AoA or Pop over those. Moderate: this is where the majority of my stays have taken place, but even though I have tried numerous times, I have never gotten POFQ. In any case, out of the other three, POR is my fave. Deluxe...I've never stayed traditional deluxe but the ones I want to stay at are WL, BC, BW, AK, Poly. GF, YC, nor Contemporary really interest me. As far as DVC, I've only stayed at SSR, which is totally fine. Love the grounds, not really excited by the theme. Obviously, our next DVC is VWL and that is probably going to be my fave out of those two. But I am interested in trying out the same DVC resorts as I listed for deluxe, but maybe also including BLT.

4. Magic Band color
Maybe Red for UGA...Go Dawgs! Or pink...for Tangled. LOL

5. Mode of transportation around WDW
Boat!!

6. Attraction in each park
MK - BTMRR
Epcot - Soarin (original)...haven't seen the new one yet
DHS - ToT
AK - EE (at night)

I'm bad with choosing a favorite as memories play a big part: I can try though...

TS:
Too many to choose from for atmosphere, but I love Be our Guest.
QS: Odd that no one place really stands out here. I'd have to go with Roaring Forks. Love walking down the ramp.
Others: Which ever place sells the Citrus swirl, and hanging out with some flatbread in Territory Lounge.

Fav Resorts:
Value: None (granted I've only spent one night in one, but it was a sleepless night)
Mod: POR, the only one I've been in, and during Charlie. Would love to try others.
OTHER: Fort Wilderness cabins. :D The king of all campgrounds.
Deluxe:
WL is the only Deluxe I've tried so far. But I have a list to tackle!
DVC: VWL, in summer and at Christmas. AKV all other times. BWV is good anytime :D
Magic Band color: Pink
Transport:
Boats! But not just any, I love the old blue and yellow Mermaid 1 & 2 on Bay Lake. (Is there a third one now?)
Attraction by park:
MK: Tie between Pirates and Big Thunder.
DHS:
R-n-Rollercoaster
DAK: Everest
EPCOT: Soarin' (formerly Test track until they re-imagined it)​

:thumbsup2

I wish we had a love post button! Well said JT.

Our first on site stay was the week leading up to Easter. I swore I would never go at this time again. The crowds were horrible! I found them to be much worse then Christmas crowds maybe because you get none of the magic of Christmas. You only get huge crowds. I always try to steer people away from this time period if at all possible.

My bet would be no.

Wish I could love this post as well! Well said Sly.

Yay a Luv sighting! Those are amazing! I thought my bands had some bling. How long do those take to make?

Congrats & welcome to the groupies! :welcome:

Sorry I missed it! :bday:

Post 5082. https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...rmation-and-questions-thread.3372315/page-255

Phew all caught up! School vacation week here in MA. Just got back yesterday from a quick weekend trip to Boulder. Starting the college hunt with DS#2 & DS#1 is about to make his final decision on where he'll be starting college in the fall. How the heck did this happen? :sad:

We toured U of CO Boulder. We both really liked it. This pic should give you a small does of why.

CU's mascot. :D
View attachment 232344

And they have an outdoor pool in the shape of a bison! :laughing: The campus & school were very impressive. We went for a couple fabulous hikes too. It was a short but fun trip. We've been to CO a few times before but never to Boulder. I could definitely see DS there. Just wish it wasn't so far away. :sad: Cutting the cord is hard! :sad:

Rest of the month will be filled with more college stuff. DS#1 is going to accepted student day at Champlain College on Fri & Sat. DH is taking him to that. Accepted student day at Becker College next week. A visit to Renssaelar on the 29th for DS#2 which I'll take him to. After that I'm going to be ready for a vacation at WDW! :faint:

Hope everyone is doing well. Looking forward to seeing some of you real soon! :cool1:

We love the Boulder CO area. So close to the mountains! We have relatives in the Denver area, so we make it out there once every year or every other year. Did you know there are sand dunes in CO? I didn't until our last trip there. They are in the south east corner-ish, so it's a bit of a drive from Boulder. But totally worth it to see them at least once. :)

Well, onward to the fun!

A couple photos from this morning....View attachment 232475 View attachment 232476 View attachment 232477
We did breakfast at the GF Cafe one of the last times we were down there and I was pleasantly surprised. DH loves the Lox and Bagel breakfast, which is why I booked it, and I ended up really liking what I had too (Not the Lox and Bagel :) ). I would definitely eat there again too!

Anyone remember the old ticket booth in Tomorrowland?
My mom said she just came across an old ticket book in her nightstand, and TOSSED it out as "it was worth nothing." Oh, mom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter