VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Sleepy....I'm loving that great ride at MK! I think I know what your favorite FP+ list looks like at MK! :thumbsup2
Yep, it's a category unto itself. ;) Actually, one of the reasons of having these attractions high on my list is that none of them need a FP, though it depends on the time of day, obviously. We rarely have more than a 10-minute wait on POTC or Philharmagic, and HM usually is under 20 minutes. We save our FPs for BTMR, SM, 7DMT, and occasionally PP or Splash.

I gave some thought to tossing out the idea of changing this thread's name; however, in the end the notion seemed misbegotten. As a few have said, someone will undoubtedly start a CCVC-specific thread in the future, so I didn't feel the need to jump on the idea myself. Further, this thread has for so long been a site attuned to VWL, that branching out seemed, well, weird. To change the name would change the timbre of the thread, and I'm not ready to do so. Finally, the scope of this Groupie thread has always been more than just VWL--it's been the love of the Lodge, the friendliness of the Groupies--and we don't need a name change to show that. Yes, the Villas part of VWL (or BRV if you must), as well as the new Copper Creek resort villas all fall as part of the Lodge family, and that's good enough for now. ;)

:thumbsup2

Dean
As much as I understand the possible need to re-name the thread, I agree with Granny and Sleepy, we are who we are, and as much as we refuse to call our home anything other than what we know it in our hearts to be, there are some things that are almost too sacred to us to change...the name being one of them. This is something we can control, something they can't take from us or add as they wish(as they have done)against our wishes.
I also feel that a new thread may get started soon as the new owners come along. And no matter, whether folks own or not, all are always welcome, its the love of the Lodge thats the main requirement:-)

I wish we had a love post button! Well said JT.

Granny, belated Happy Birthday!

One thread is good enough. I am trying to decide if I am going to book for Spring Break 2018 at the lodge. This was always the plan, but seeing as it falls during Easter Week, I am trying to decide if I really want to deal with the crowds...I am considering a split stay between the lodge & vero beach. Maybe do the Space Center. I am really considering skipping the parks and just coming to the lodge to enjoy the resort. I'm saying to myself, "are you really going to fight the Easter crowd to see Pandora?"

Our first on site stay was the week leading up to Easter. I swore I would never go at this time again. The crowds were horrible! I found them to be much worse then Christmas crowds maybe because you get none of the magic of Christmas. You only get huge crowds. I always try to steer people away from this time period if at all possible.

I mentioned to Tammy this AM about talks of name change and such, and she brought up a good point. Will we be issued new contracts with the name change? If not, us old folks will still be owners of The Villas at WL. But if they do want to change our contracts, will they be extending to the later yrs, if so, I am in:D

My bet would be no.

I've only been away three days (quick trip to NY--21 hours of driving!), but I see there has been a lot of activity. When I get time, I'll respond to all the new Groupies (and lurkers ;)) a bit more in detail. However, since much of the conversation has lately revolved around the name change, I will take the time to address that. Although I currently am the arbiter of the Groupies thread, I don't feel that makes me the sole voice as to whether to rename the thread. We've always been a family about such things. That being said, I still don't see any reason for a stark name change though I understand Dean's point that it might make us seem more inclusive if we did. As other have pointed out, both Copper Creek and VWL (aka BRV) share the "at the Wilderness Lodge" tag. We've always been inclusive and will remain so, I'm sure. I'm not too worried that someone will shy away from us just because of our name; in fact, as a few have already shown, they've come seeking the answer to whether they will be included, and the answer has been a resounding "Yes!" I do believe heritage plays a strong role in our lives, and honestly, I'm not ready to give up our name simply for the sake of advertising that we're inclusive. While I don't feel as though I should have the final say about whether to change, based on the comments going back a few pages, there seems to be a clear inclination to leave the name as is.

However, I do believe the new resort warrants a change to the opening paragraphs to better reflect that we're now being joined by our new friends who have bought into Copper Creek. If anyone deigns to see who we are--and obviously many do :thumbsup2--they'll be able to see in the new introduction. I am road weary, though, so it may be a couple of days before I change things. Meanwhile, I still have no doubt that someone will soon start a Copper Creek specific thread--vwlfan, it's actually quite easy. ;)::yes:: At some point, I will no longer be the Holder of the Thread Keys, or perhaps the Moderators will one day say we're getting close to maxing out our comment count. Then, I believe the idea of a new thread title could perhaps be broached. Until then, we're good. pirate:

Edited to add: The Page 1 Intro has been changed! Shorter and hopefully still as welcoming to all who wander to our thread. ;)

Wish I could love this post as well! Well said Sly.

Patrick mentioned some of you might like to see what I do with my MB's, so here you go!View attachment 231826View attachment 231827View attachment 231828

Yay a Luv sighting! Those are amazing! I thought my bands had some bling. How long do those take to make?

So we just went through the process to confirm our purchase at CCV. Now we just need to wait for the paperwork to arrive. Very happy!!!

Congrats & welcome to the groupies! :welcome:

It's another twofer!!!

Happy Birthday @tea pot !!!!
Happy Birthday @DisneyNutzy !!!

Wishing you both a fabulous day!!!

View attachment 232001

Sorry I missed it! :bday:

Does anybody know where I can find a map with room numbers on it for the VWL? I know it's here somewhere but I can't seem to find it. I even tried googling it with no luck. Thanks in advance for you help.

Post 5082. https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...rmation-and-questions-thread.3372315/page-255

Phew all caught up! School vacation week here in MA. Just got back yesterday from a quick weekend trip to Boulder. Starting the college hunt with DS#2 & DS#1 is about to make his final decision on where he'll be starting college in the fall. How the heck did this happen? :sad:

We toured U of CO Boulder. We both really liked it. This pic should give you a small does of why.

CU's mascot. :D
17966840_10209091777315170_7470431799867943384_o.jpg

And they have an outdoor pool in the shape of a bison! :laughing: The campus & school were very impressive. We went for a couple fabulous hikes too. It was a short but fun trip. We've been to CO a few times before but never to Boulder. I could definitely see DS there. Just wish it wasn't so far away. :sad: Cutting the cord is hard! :sad:

Rest of the month will be filled with more college stuff. DS#1 is going to accepted student day at Champlain College on Fri & Sat. DH is taking him to that. Accepted student day at Becker College next week. A visit to Renssaelar on the 29th for DS#2 which I'll take him to. After that I'm going to be ready for a vacation at WDW! :faint:

Hope everyone is doing well. Looking forward to seeing some of you real soon! :cool1:

Jimmy:

Kona Café
Noodle Station (When open – Lobster Rolls are HUGH)
VWL, Aulani
Blue, Yellow, Red, Green
The Boats!
Sitting on top of the Rail Station; Toy Story, Lion King, World Showcase

Sorry, no surprises there.

Horselover:

Plan to take his picture in a few years at the Bison on Graduation Day - makes for a nice set. We did a similar thing for DD at beginning and end of seminary. It is a great keepsake. As the years roll by, it will be hard to remember the years in between the two.

Horselover:

Plan to take his picture in a few years at the Bison on Graduation Day - makes for a nice set. We did a similar thing for DD at beginning and end of seminary. It is a great keepsake. As the years roll by, it will be hard to remember the years in between the two.

Great idea Dad! Will definitely do that whether he ends up at CU or somewhere else. It's only the first school he's looked at so who knows, but he does plan to apply based on what he saw & heard.

Favorites and why?

1. TS in WDW...50's Prime Time Cafe. . . We love the atmosphere and the food.
2. QS in WDW...Flametree BBQ. . . Can't beat a good BBQ
3a. Value...Haven't stayed in one
3b. Mod...The only one I ever stayed in was Dixie Landings!!!
3c. Deluxe...WL is the only one we ever stayed at and we bought DVC the last time we stayed there in '04
3d. DVC...VWL, with my other home AKL being a close 2nd, and our third home (even though it is the first we bought) SSR is not too bad, just so big!!!
4. Magic Band color...Red
5. Mode of transportation around WDW...Love the boats!!!
6. Attraction in each park:
MK: Splash Mountain
DHS: Toy Story Mania
DAK: Kilimanjaro Safari
EPCOT: Soarin'

Yay a Luv sighting! Those are amazing! I thought my bands had some bling. How long do those take to make?
Luv says the fobs are fairly easy--maybe an hour and a half-ish. The Mickey head fob takes a bit longer, of course. The MBs? They would take her all weekend, though with frequent rests to rest her back and eyes.

Lived in CO (Co Springs) for three years and loved it. Great outdoors. Plenty of sun (over 300 days). Snow? Yes, but not as pervasive as, say, Alaska or upstate NY, Maine, et. al. Freaky weather, among the most eclectic I've ever seen (and I've lived in numerous states all over the U.S.)--75F one day, followed by 8" of snow, followed by a chinook that melts it all and back to 70F. . .with another snow two days later. Summers are gorgeous.

Luv says the fobs are fairly easy--maybe an hour and a half-ish. The Mickey head fob takes a bit longer, of course. The MBs? They would take her all weekend, though with frequent rests to rest her back and eyes.

Lived in CO (Co Springs) for three years and loved it. Great outdoors. Plenty of sun (over 300 days). Snow? Yes, but not as pervasive as, say, Alaska or upstate NY, Maine, et. al. Freaky weather, among the most eclectic I've ever seen (and I've lived in numerous states all over the U.S.)--75F one day, followed by 8" of snow, followed by a chinook that melts it all and back to 70F. . .with another snow two days later. Summers are gorgeous.

That sounds like MA! :laughing:

Its been awhile since we have done one of these, but thought it might be cool and fun to do.
Just for fun!!
Favorites and why?

1. TS in WDW
2. QS in WDW

3. Value, Mod, Deluxe and DVC(even if VWL is not your fave, no judgements here:D)
4. Magic Band color
5. Mode of transportation around WDW
6. Attraction in each park

My answers...
1. This always a hard one for me, but for now, I choose 50s PTC. I love the tastes, and love the atmosphere, esp. when the CMs are into it. And the PB&J milkshakes don't disappoint either:thumbsup2
2. It used to be Flame Tree BBQ until last trip, just wasn't the same. So Friars Nook took over that dept. for me, the Pot Roast Mac N Cheese is the draw
3. Value...All Star Sports, it was our 1st exp. on property, it evokes memories of my folks being there with us, it feels more quaint than the other values and it was our 1st intro to DVC as we spoke with a CM there(and we all know where that lead too):goodvibes Mod...Coronado Springs...Though I really like PO Riverside, CS makes me feel like I am a Deluxe, the amenities are expansive, love the pool, love the restaurants. Deluxe...Poly has always got my attn. over the others. Just love the theming, the restaurants and makes me feel like I am in a Hawaiian resort. DVC...VWL its home, and without going into all the details, it still evokes special memories for me of past trips, meeting some of y'all, making friends with Ranger Stan, and just all that it encompasses
4. Red(though thats Capt. Ds fee too, therefore I wear blue)NC State is my favorite college team and its Wolfpack red for me
5. Love the monorail, love the boats, busses, not so much. But having our van onsite, thats the best. It allows us major flexibility
6. MK...Splash Mt., as a kid, loved Song of the South, and this ride is the only one that showcases the Brer's, Epcot...Soarin, esp. after the change, just love the feel of the thing and the camera shots are awesome, HS...Rock n Roller coaster, Aerosmith music blasting in your ears, fast takeoff, throw your hands in the air like you just don't care, whats not to love(oh, wish it lasted longer), AK...Exp. Everest, same reasons as RNRC minus the music but the theming makes up for it

Whew! Sure am glad I made it back here....I was over at the unnamed Purple site and ran across a thread that asked what dvc resort at WDW has no interest for you. Well, as suspected, SSR was popular but way too much Wilderness mentions for me to tolerate.....

On to the questions at hand...

1. California Grill because it's exceptional, and I love looking out over the lake. Then walking out on the catwalks after dinner to look at the monorail and MK

2. Art of Animation or Coronado Springs QS's are exceptional, worth the detour... (expect Geyser Point will replace)

3. Value: Art of Animation
Moderate: Port Orleans French Quarter
Deluxe: Wilderness Lodge
DVC: VGC (yep, 2 years in a row, it's that good.....)

4. Green

5. Boat!

6. MK - Enchanted Tiki Room
Epcot - Test Track
Animal Kingdom - Safari
Hollywood Studios - Toy Story Midway Mania

Bonus question: Favorite character meal

7. Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House in Animal Kingdom.

Looks like we got another Birthday soon...
Happy Birthday Luvvwl!!!! :cake::bday:party:
Make sure SleepyDog takes you somewhere nice(and expensive, he should have plenty with all the groupie dues coming in):goodvibes

Once again I'm late! But it doesn't mean my birthday wishes are any less heartfelt!!!

Happy Birthday DisneyNutzy!!!

Happy Birthday Teapot!!!!!

:bday::cake::flower:

jade
Loving the pics!

Really enjoying reading you folks faves

Ron
Great idea to add Favorite Character meal
Though its been yrs(1999)since we did Donalds Breakfastsauraus(used to be located near DinoLand)it as always been our fave. Evokes memories fondly. Capt. D(our DS Casey)was 5 and he went missing under the table for fear of Goofy. We still kid him too this day about him eating with his plate on the chair and him with his knees on the floor

Good Morning Groupies!
I'm so far behind....... Suffice it to say that I've had a tough Spring.
I've missed you all and the friendly banter we share. Bobbiwoz left a message on the BHGM part2 convo and it made me.. well.. homesick for all of you. DDad and I are on a 2 week countdown - not quite to single digits yet, but getting close. I'm very much looking forward to some sun, the Lodge, meeting up with Groupies and of course to see all the 'newness' that has developed since my last stay in Feb.
Have a nice week-end!

jade
Loving the pics!

Really enjoying reading you folks faves

Ron
Great idea to add Favorite Character meal
Though its been yrs(1999)since we did Donalds Breakfastsauraus(used to be located near DinoLand)it as always been our fave. Evokes memories fondly. Capt. D(our DS Casey)was 5 and he went missing under the table for fear of Goofy. We still kid him too this day about him eating with his plate on the chair and him with his knees on the floor

Yeah, the character meals are very special when you have kids. I will NEVER forget my 3 year old at the Crystal Palace meeting Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore. Truly a magical moment along with that first time down the slide at the Wilderness pool. Shoulda bought DVC sooner....haha....hindsight is 20/20......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter