VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Bobbi
My BIL and his family were in Crystal Springs, FL, near the Gulf Coast over Christmas week, to swim with the manatees. They had a great experience and said would definitely do again. Technically, they couldnt swim up to the manatees, but the manatees would come up to them. My BIL said some were the size of a refrigerator!
Someday I need to surprise my daughter with doing this.

Hi folks! We're staying in a 1 bedroom at BRV in December. Are there any rooms with larger balconies, like maybe a corner room? Any rooms I should avoid? Thanks!

We liked 4523.
If you go to Touring Plans and look at their room finder, I posted pictures from the balcony. Nice lake view, close to the elevators, and no room to one side (I think it a housekeeping closet, but we never heard the doors opening or closing). Have a great trip!

Hi folks! We're staying in a 1 bedroom at BRV in December. Are there any rooms with larger balconies, like maybe a corner room? Any rooms I should avoid? Thanks!
BRV isn't like say BCV with balconies varying a lot. If you look at the outside of the building you'll see it's pretty uniform. There's 1 studio without a balcony but no worries for you with the 1BR. There are a few top floor rooms that have enclosed balconies.

Welcome, Ursula J! Glad to have you, and I see you've already gotten a few comments. 4523 is a good room as Mle8308 mentions; moreover, if you go to Page 1 and scroll down to the room layout maps, you'll see where each of the different category rooms are. The ones closest to the elevators are those that will have a slightly larger area. While lake view is most often requested (odd numbers), the rooms on the woods side (even numbers) are quiet and lovely, as well. pirate:

Last edited:

Welcome, Ursula J! Glad to have you, and I see you've already gotten a few comments. 4523 is a good room as Mle8308 mentions; moreover, if you go to Page 1 and scroll down to the room layout maps, you'll see where each of the different category rooms are. The ones closest to the elevators are the ones that will have a slightly larger area. While lake view is most often requested (odd numbers), the rooms on the woods side (even numbers) are quiet and lovely, as well. pirate:
Great advice! And I forgot to mention, 4523 is a dedicated 1BR, so no connecting door - which I prefer. And I went to Touring Plans and for some reason my photos are a little blurry - sorry!

Does anybody know if the boat between WL & Contemporary has resumed?

I'd love to know too. Last I heard Disney needed to rebuild the dock over there before it could start back up.
I've been wondering too. I really missed it during our Bay Lake stay in Oct and have an upcoming VWL.

Rumor I heard when someone inquired (at WL I think) is that CR doesn't want to contribute to the service that was apparently supported by the 3 resorts. The docks are all usable I believe per seeing a couple of boats brought into the BLT dock while we were there and FW and WL/VWL docks are used daily for MK.

Everybody get their Moonlight Magic email from DVC? We’re going to try for 5/11 at HS…anyone else?

Everybody get their Moonlight Magic email from DVC? We’re going to try for 5/11 at HS…anyone else?
Nope, no email and I usually do get things from DVC. But I did see the information elsewhere. Will be there during the time of the 1st Epcot event.

Dropped off the front page - that just won't do!
So here's a link to some new studio refurb pictures. Refurbished studio
Thanks for keeping us fresh KAT!
I looked at the pics, I like the color scheme in the living room, looks like its got some brown tones too it, appropriate IMO for WL, yet the pics with the bed area looks white. Im hoping the brown tones are the prevailing color. The photos and furniture with characters is cute. Cant wait to see for myself in Oct.!

while the walls are ‘white’…it’s not a stark white but rather what I would describe as ‘warm white’ and they retained the textured finish to give the room some interest…the rooms at least - can’t speak to the halls

while the walls are ‘white’…it’s not a stark white but rather what I would describe as ‘warm white’ and they retained the textured finish to give the room some interest…the rooms at least - can’t speak to the halls
Thank you. Hard to tell just from the photos. Hopefully one day I'll get back to see it for myself.

We were scooted off to page 2 again. So quiet here while we wait for the refurbs to be done.

I saw on a livestream that half of the common room was tarped off, is that just for storing working supplies? They're not updating it are they?

I’ll re-ask since I didn’t hear anything - anyone else going to try for Moonlight Magic tickets? I’m looking at trying to get HS for 5/11…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter