VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Sooooooo what does everyone think about TOWL reopening with a Villain theme?
It's going to be interesting when combined with holiday decor, if the theming sticks around that long.

I was worried that this would be an upcharge-to-access thing, am I right in assuming it's the same as before, just new touches added?

It's going to be interesting when combined with holiday decor, if the theming sticks around that long.

I was worried that this would be an upcharge-to-access thing, am I right in assuming it's the same as before, just new touches added?
I have not seen any references to there being an upcharge. I am not sure why they felt the need to do this, as it always seemed to be quite busy when we visited!

I have not seen any references to there being an upcharge. I am not sure why they felt the need to do this, as it always seemed to be quite busy when we visited!
It seems to get busier as time for the fireworks approaches, but then people quickly leave. Maybe this is an attempt to make people recall that it's there? (I've been waiting for it to reopen as I love just hanging out there!)

It seems to get busier as time for the fireworks approaches, but then people quickly leave. Maybe this is an attempt to make people recall that it's there? (I've been waiting for it to reopen as I love just hanging out there!)
Yes, I’m sure you are correct Cindy. We love hanging out there as well.

They are having a paid option now so you can reserve your table in advance and it comes with drink, appetizer, and a sweet treat. It is only until Aug 11th so far. It’s $55/person….plus tax and gratuity.

This will limit the first come, first serve spots as one can show up anytime but recommend at least 30 minutes prior to fireworks.

I am waiting on reports as to whether capacity is the same as before….includes the deck…or they will cap it for the seats that are there.

Sooooooo what does everyone think about TOWL reopening with a Villain theme?
I have seen photos and videos and so far the theming looks cool, they kept the monorail backdrop which would have been sad to see that go. Im not so keen on idea of footing $$ to go in there if that's what their final quest is. We do go there for meets as many here know, along with just the fact we want a drink or 2, not necessarily for fireworks. I will reserve final thoughts come Oct when we will be there

Been watching some vlogs from the TOTW. Looks pretty cool. Kind of jealous of anyone who can go and check it out.
I've been reading, but haven't commented much lately. Lord willing, I will be there tomorrow night. I've got a three night stay at Bay Lake with two other mom friends. We are staying in a 1 bedroom standard. If our cheap Allegiant flight gets us there on time(ish) tomorrow, we have a dinner reservation at Steakhouse 71, then hope to be able to go to the observation deck to see the MK fireworks. Not planning to go to the lounge, just going to watch the fireworks if we can make it up there in time. Our dinner reservation is at 8:15. I'm hoping to go a little early in hopes that they will seat us early. The weather for the whole rest of the week looks iffy. I got us moonlight magic passes for Thursday evening at HS, and then we have reservations for MK on Friday. It will be fine with me if Allegiant strands me on Saturday, I'm willing to stay as long as necessary. :rolleyes: It's a quick trip, with two moms that are DVC members and one that has only ever stayed at the value resorts. She's never even ridden the monorail, so we are just super excited to treat her to moonlight madness, a monorail ride, and a pretty awesome room to boot! I'll try to take a few pics if we make if up there though!

Hello Groupies!
Stopping by after a long hiatus. Never got to a trip report after our March/Apr trip since I had the joy of picking up Covid while down there. Geez! And it hit me fairly hard - don't want to do that again!!! A few other family issues since then so finally doing a little catch up.
Trip was overall good - 1st time back since New Years 2020. A lot felt the same. A lot felt really different (and was - BTW I detest park entry reservations. Genie+ and Lightning lane are whole other subjects but the park entry is simply ridiculous). A couple things brought a little moisture to my eyes. Entering main street and walking towards the castle. And then the Lion King show. lol Missed the tumble monkeys and flying birds though. :(
I'll work my way back a bit on what's been happening but did see there's one new granny (not to be confused with @Granny ) in the house - congrats @Corinne !

Hey folks!
Having internet issues at home so tough to make a connection and Dad and Di understand the perils of living in the country like us
Still on DSL can’t get fiberoptic, 1st world problems 😂
So I’m using my phone with limited data, that’s changing Friday when we switch from Verizon to AT&T
1 mile up the road where we work, reception is terrible so we had to change
Finally catching up with unlimited data at a lesser cost. No brainer for me and that’s saying something 🤪
Anywho, anyone else get email from DVC that they are finally releasing all or borrowing issues back to 100%
👏👏👏

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up Jimmy, I didn't see the email until you mentioned it. Good news! It was so hard to get into the 50% borrowing swing of things when the system will not show us what points in our reservations are coming from which use year. I know, I'm crazy, but I like to fiddle faddle with my reservations.

Welp…..I did it.,..we had 105 points that will expire 11.30 since we canceled our September reservation so I deposited 100 (only increments of 10 can be banked) 🙄 into Interval

I will say this : my first impression of DVC Member Services that are “experts” with interval was far from the stellar experience I normally receive with Member Services.The woman was clearly WFH which of course is not an issue . The fact that I could hear her children and the television was. We have until December 2024 to use them so we shall see!

So word is that Iger and Cheapek aren't talking and Iger is pretty upset with some of the things that Cheapek has been doing. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

So word is that Iger and Cheapek aren't talking and Iger is pretty upset with some of the things that Cheapek has been doing. Has anyone else heard anything about this?
I read an article on Epoch News just now
Sounds like Iger felt that he stepped down too soon, especially with Covid looming. He did say Paycheck had plenty of $$ within the company framework to do what he wanted to do in the future of the company. I don’t think Paycheck likes that Iger stepped back at the helm during Covid and has been a bit vocal about it. Iger has voiced some displeasure in how Paycheck has handled certain things, like his political stance in FL

I will say this…Only my opinion as a DVC owner, shareholder and fan of Disney, from what I read, see on what I feel are reliable news sources, Paycheck is a puppet, his strings being pulled by Susan Arnold, head Chair person of the Disney BOD. She has an agenda to push along with a couple other board members and is using Paycheck and the Disney Co. as her springboard.

I may be totally wrong and completely off base but studying business models through the years with a strong emphasis on how Disney has run its business since its inception, I like reading what other successful businesses do to stay that way, and apply to my own business if it makes sense for my small business

Disney has had its ups and downs through the years but it definitely has been run from the best place when Walt and Roy, Eisner and Wells, and Iger were the ones in charge. Eisner was not the same after Wells passed, and the reflection of that showed. Maybe Paycheck needs a Wells type person who can be his backbone.
Or maybe nothing or no one can fix the issues at hand.

I do feel the board needs to be changed to reflect the family values that the Disney Co originally intended and though it changed through the years to reflect the times, the best years were when Disney was a family based company and family came first
Maybe they need to re-watch Lilo and Stitch to see what I mean, Ohana means family and family comes first

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter