VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

I liked the photos that showed up months ago. I was concerned they'd ruin the lodge feel also but those pictures went a long way to make me relax a bit. The addition of the Murphy bed and the banquette seating like other resorts will be an improvement. And the Mickey and Pluto camping art over the couch? I really hope they keep that!!

I have, back in 2018! I was supposed to go again in 2020...then 2021... then 2022... and so now it is indefinitely on hold, as we have other travel plans for the next few years when not "home" in Disney World.
We are thinking about going in 2024. My daughter was there in 2019 but only got to Disneyland not Sea.

We are thinking about going in 2024. My daughter was there in 2019 but only got to Disneyland not Sea.
DisneySea is probably my favorite Disney park (I’ve been to FL, CA, HK, and Tokyo - just need Shanghai and Paris), if only because of the immaculate attention to detail. There’s so much to just LOOK at. And it’s a great overall theme. If you can afford it, absolutely stay at MiraCosta (though we did a split stay between the Disneyland Hotel in a Beauty & Beast themed room and MiraCosta in a Venice room overlooking the canals in the park). I also recommend splurging on the package that gives you Fastpasses - lines are LONG, even with Fastpasses. Also, don’t look online for anything about the Journey to the Center of the Earth ride. Not knowing what to expect is part of the thrill of the ride. We used two of our Fastpasses to ride it twice.

Happy to answer any questions you might have! It’s an amazing park and I wish I could go again!

DisneySea is probably my favorite Disney park (I’ve been to FL, CA, HK, and Tokyo - just need Shanghai and Paris), if only because of the immaculate attention to detail. There’s so much to just LOOK at. And it’s a great overall theme. If you can afford it, absolutely stay at MiraCosta (though we did a split stay between the Disneyland Hotel in a Beauty & Beast themed room and MiraCosta in a Venice room overlooking the canals in the park). I also recommend splurging on the package that gives you Fastpasses - lines are LONG, even with Fastpasses. Also, don’t look online for anything about the Journey to the Center of the Earth ride. Not knowing what to expect is part of the thrill of the ride. We used two of our Fastpasses to ride it twice.

Happy to answer any questions you might have! It’s an amazing park and I wish I could go again!
Thank you! I appreciate it. My daughter said something about them having a lottery system. It will be interesting figuring that out but at least she has some experience with it at TDR. She is super excited about going to Sea.

They do have some - but nothing direct to MCO
RDU used to have SWA direct flights to MCO, but the drive from Charlotte area may not be the best. Greensboro has Allegiant direct to Sanford(about an hour drive from WDW)that we have used on occasion. Not sure if that would be of interest to you folks, but a tad closer than RDU.

Edit: BTW, I see you folks will be in WDW around same time as us. We are planning to drive down on Oct 9, stay offsite, then move over to SSR 10th-13th, then over to meet up with our DD and her family at BLT 13th-21st. Maybe we can plan a mini meet if y'all are up for it!

Our plan for the 3 days 10-12 are to hang out at DS and Epcot(38 Special is there on the 10th)and catch other shows once we see who the artist is. If artist isn't appealing to us, we may go to HS to catch newer attractions. 13th will be move day so taking it easy, maybe TOTWL or one of the other lounges at CR.
Sounds like we are going wide open, but really not, just doing things our DD and her little family not interested in before they arrive.

Last edited:

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest