VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

IMG_5964.JPG
Got off work a little early today due to exams today. Tomorrow is DD's 21st birthday. Not sure how I can be so old! Actually went to the grocery and bought cake mix and made her some mouse ears to celebrate with tomorrow. She loves Disney like her momma (good kid). I hope she never outgrows it. 3 more days of school for me... come on summer!

Lets see, I need to get caught up...Tues we spent time with Will n Liz and AnnieT and her DH. We ate at Skipper Canteen. The food was good, the antics even better. Our server was on her game and she knew I was game, so I got the brunt of it. Its was all fun though and we had a great time. I had the chicken, very tasty and a Kungaloosh for dessert, mmmm!
Afterwards, we FP on JC, had probably the best Skipper ever, he had some new material and threw some side jokes to the standards. Went to Tiki Birds, then the bottom fell out(inside and out)but we made our way over to next FP at BTMRR, then FP at Peter Pan. The park was packed out(I think public school got out last week)so we just resolved to head back to AKL.
Corinne wasn't able to make it to the mini meet, but we were able to chat via text so that was good. Sleepy, we ordered the bread service, nice!

So yesterday, we spent a lot of time with Will n Liz at HS. Had a blast at 50s as our server had us in stitches as he sang Happy Birthday very, very, very off key to Liz! She was totally embarrassed :D We FP at TSM and rode the new track. CaptD got high score. Went to Launch Bay, met Chewbacca, had words with Kylo Ren, encountered Stormtroopers several times, had a picture with BB-8 and hung out inside waiting for it, wait, wait, wait, wait for it, more rain!!! Seriously, glad they are getting it because they are in dire need. But cmon man!!o_O
After LB, we FP at Star Tours then got a meet with Olaf. By this time, the rain had sent a lot of folks packing, so the park was almost to ourselves. Then we FP at TOT. Now that area along with RNRC was buzzing with activity, since all were gone, remainders were packing it in here. Even still, lines weren't bad. After all this we headed out. We made a stop at Maya Grill along the way to grab a bite. I think it has improved since our last couple times there.

View attachment 239635
I am currently in this spot. Where am I?

BLT lobby. :cutie:

All your talk about rain is bringing back some fond memories of May trips! Loved it!

I think the top WDW memory for DH was on one of those trips we got onto Test Track at Epcot (the old version). It was looking darker outside when we entered the building but of course had no idea what was going on while waiting in the queue. Well, our car goes thru the inside part of the ride and heads towards the crash wall. That opens...... and wham! We're getting hammered by rain!!!! It must have just started as we were the last car to go before they halted. I can't say it's my fondest memory - getting pelted by stinging rain - by DH loved it and keeps hoping it'll happen again! :rotfl:

As you can see, we made it to Geyser Point. I love it! Do I wish they would have left the serenity of WL/VWL alone, of course. But if they are going to give us something to talk about to our vantage, this was it. Nice breeze blowing through on a hot day. Crowds were minimal, had no trouble getting a seat(of course celebrities weren't there AKA Granny and DiznyDad):D We had some food and libation, very nice. Again, nice hang out spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter