Vistana Resort 7/24-7/31

laurabelle

DIS Veteran
I just got back. I won my villa through skyauction and used diamond lane to make requests and got everything I asked for, including a specific unit (Cascades Premium 1br w/ jacuzzi) and and early check in time. The unit was very clean, new appliances, and did not smell of smoke or anything else for that matter. We were to the side and back of the General store, right near the Cascades pool and an easy walk to the Super pool. We had a screened in balcony overlooking a lake. Outside you could hear the pool noises, but the fountain drowned it out somewhat. Inside it was very quiet.

It was an easy drive to the parks and offsite dining. We didn't do any of the activities or eat at the restaurants.

There were some rowdy college age kids at the super pool one day, not sure if they were locals or using their parent's place for the week. Every other word out of there mouths was "F". I have 2 kids, and I asked them to please watch their language, one guy said no, but after I said, look, I'd appreciate it for my kid's sake, the other guys said ok, but of course in a few minutes they were at it again. We were there only a brief time, or I would have found someone to complain to. The pools are unguarded, so I'm sure that plays into the behaivor.

They do try to get you to attend the timeshare presentation, even as exchange "owners" as they considered us to be. But they didn't bother us again when we said no thanks.

Overall, it's a beautiful resort and I'd definitely stay there again.

Thanks for the report!

We will exchanging into Vistana this next Spring. It sounds like by using the Diamond Lane Check-in there is a better chance that you they can/will meet your request! I am glad to hear that your unit did not smell like smoke, as we are Non-Smokers and they do not have designated Non-Smoking rooms.

Would you recommed the Cascades section over the other newer sections? (I prefer a quiet location, away from pools or I-4....) Did you happen to eat at the resort?

Thanks!

Wishing on a star- I think Cascades is a newer section. I didn't go through the whole resort, so I can't really say for sure. The buildings in our section looked like what you see on the website. There was another section next to us, I think it was Spas, and the buildings there looked very different, I'm pretty sure that's an older section.
No, we didn't eat at the restaurants there.
Enjoy your stay!:wave:

I am sure that Cascades is the newest section, Lakes was previous, Fountains II, Fountains then Spas. I believe Springs preceded Spas and I'm not sure about earlier sections, but I bet 1-800-vistana could tell you.

We've stayed in several of the older sections and had very pleasant stays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter