Visiting Disney with Social Anxiety

Emteach

DIS Veteran
So I am visiting Disney with my family in July. I have been to Disney many years ago but since then have been diagnosed with social anxiety. I love everything Disney and do not want to miss this opportunity but even the thought of the crowds is making me anxious. Does anyone have any tips and tricks? Does Disney provide any guest assistance for anxiety? Standing in the confines of a line is not something I think I could manage. I am bringing a set of headphones that hopefully will block out some of the noise that causes me anxiety. Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated and hopefully ease my mind.

Early mornings to the park will be the best strategy. If you can do the Disney extra magic early morning hour that will help.

Use fastpass for the longer wait rides. You get three advance ones and then you can do more in the park after that each day.

There may be an accommodation with DAS where they will give you a return time that would be less time in lines.

You will have to wait in lines no matter what unless you skip the attraction. Fastpass and DAS just lessen the wait.

If you don't go by car to the parks you will have waits and small crowds with any Disney transportation.

Shows may be a little easier. You may be able to show up last minute for them and still get in.

Depending on how big of a group you are going with you can surround yourself with your friends and/or family. Then, a stranger would not be right next to you and that may help.

I think I would stay away from parades. Fireworks I would be at a less popular area to view it.

You can try to get the DAS pass this will not eliminate all lines what it wil do is give you a return time to come back into the FP line where the wait is normily 10-30 minutes. Some rides have preshow room where you are in a room with a few other guest some times they really pack you in and sometimes they do not Honted mansion is one of them that do this. In order to get the DAS pass you must go to GR and talk to them about your need they do not care about your DX just your need as it has to do with the lines it self.

If you can do the Disney extra magic early morning hour that will help.

Just to clarify as these terms can get confusing.

Extra Magic Hour = 1 hour before the park opens to the public allows early access to select attractions; only available to guests staying at an onsite WDW resort or a few select offsite locations; offered at each park once a week (there is also PM evening EMH allowing a couple more hours after park close)

Early Morning Magic = a paid dining reservation that allows a limited number of guests to enter 1hour before park opening for a few select rides (maybe up to 7?) plus breakfast; available to onsite or offsite guests who purchase the ADR; only offered at MK and DHS on select dates

Enjoy your vacation!

I have horrible anxiety and have a DAS pass for this reason. I got nauseous and threw up a few times in line because of the feeling I get being confined around hundreds of people.
I explained this to Guest Relations and they set it up for me. It allows you to set up a return time, that is equal to the current wait time, for any ride or attraction with a FastPass+ queue.
For shows, I find a cast member and let them know my needs and they accommodate me in different ways.
Feel free to direct message me if you have questions.

Also, consider the after hours events, yes they are expensive, but much smaller crowds.

And ask at guest relations where any locations there may be that are available to get away from crowds. I noticed on this last trip that the exit for Frozen ride has a space designated specifically for this purpose......first time I ever notice that, but makes me wonder if there are more.

Also, consider the after hours events, yes they are expensive, but much smaller crowds.

And ask at guest relations where any locations there may be that are available to get away from crowds. I noticed on this last trip that the exit for Frozen ride has a space designated specifically for this purpose......first time I ever notice that, but makes me wonder if there are more.
The after hour event are amazing very low crowds just about every ride is walk on or younwait one or two loads at most you can get so much done with very little wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter