Visit Disney for Halloween or Christmas 2019, any thoughts?

Halloween or christmas

• halloween

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • christmas

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

fiictiion

Earning My Ears
Debating to go either Sept 28, 2019, or Nov 9, 2019 or Dec 7, 2019 for a full week. I definately want to be able to have some pool time so I am thinking Dec 7 might be too cold. Any thoughts, pros, or cons would help? Also looking to rent dvc points if any one has, i believe its too early though.

Thanks in advance

The coolness depends upon where you are coming from. Here in the Northeast, its usually not too cool to swim at Disney for us. There have been times when there was a frost the first week in December but usually not. We go every year the first week in December. We love the Holiday decorations that is all over all the parks and Hotels and Disney Springs. I find that at Halloween, its usually just the Magic Kingdom that is decorated. But there's also the Food and Wine, if that interests you. We prefer December.

I think Nov 9 you'd get the holiday decorations but lower crowds than early December. I've never been for Halloween so can't say much about Sept 28.

I am coming from NY. My girls are not into star wars so not a must do for us. Thank you for the input so far

I’ve been during those 3 dates and most recently, last month. Sept is definitely hot enough to want to swim. You do have to be in MK if you want Halloween decor. With the other parks, you’d never know it was Halloween/Fall because decorations are non-existent.

November was in 2010 when heavy jackets were needed so you never know, especially now, what the weather will entail.

December will find all the parks and resorts decorated for the Holidays. We’ve had warm weather on our previous December trips and with the heated pools you’d be okay swimming.

If you aren't into Star Wars and you are hoping for warmer weather, I would choose the September dates. We have gone in December for the last 3 years and have had beautiful weather, but it's luck of the draw. I've also been there in Oct. and Nov. when the weather has dipped down into the 50's and 60's.

We've been to Orlando at all those times, and we've been swimming no problem.

Sept/October 2017 - definitely went swimming in the pool
December 2017 - definitely went swimming in the pool
February 2018 - got in the water at Cocoa beach (went for Falcon Heavy launch!)
March 2018 - went swimming in the pool
October 2018 - spent a TON of time in the pool
December 2018 - will let you know!

Do you like HW or Xmas better? September will still be HOT.
I like November before the week of Thanksgiving OR the week starting the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

That being said, for about 4 years now, we do WDW in early October and we'll do other parks in December if there. Universal is nice at xmas, and you can see the grinch, etc, which is nice.
For whatever reason, to me the theming at HW has more depth.

The weather in Nov or December is a mixed bag and I really think it depends what "too cool" is for some. It's not easy to judge for all- I am too cold to swim if the air temp is less than 75 but keep in mind the WDW pools are heated so that may help and temps can really vary in Orlando in these months from day to day. From a crowd perspective I would confirm when Jersey week is, that's a crowded time in Nov. I think that is the first full week of November so I think the 9th would fall during your trip but if that's just the start of your trip, it may not be too bad as the crowds will lighten after that weekend. But if you can only go certain dates than it is what it is, if it were me, I would pick the September dates but if you do want to see Star Wars then maybe choose a later date. As far as renting points, you do need to book them early so start looking at the dates and what's available. There are a handful of reputable dealers for points or you can work with a DVC member directly.

We've been to Orlando at all those times, and we've been swimming no problem.

Sept/October 2017 - definitely went swimming in the pool
December 2017 - definitely went swimming in the pool
February 2018 - got in the water at Cocoa beach (went for Falcon Heavy launch!)
March 2018 - went swimming in the pool
October 2018 - spent a TON of time in the pool
December 2018 - will let you know!

Do you like HW or Xmas better? September will still be HOT.
I like November before the week of Thanksgiving OR the week starting the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

That being said, for about 4 years now, we do WDW in early October and we'll do other parks in December if there. Universal is nice at xmas, and you can see the grinch, etc, which is nice.
For whatever reason, to me the theming at HW has more depth.

i like both holidays, but i dont go to disney all the time so i am trying to figure out which i think my family would like better, i kno there is no wrong answer though, lol

i like both holidays, but i dont go to disney all the time so i am trying to figure out which i think my family would like better, i kno there is no wrong answer though, lol
Personally, if you like both holidays, then I would pick Christmas first because there will be more to do that is free. If you go over Halloween, you would need to go to the party to experience any of the special events. In December, you would still need to do the Christmas party for the parade and fireworks, but Epcot and DHS would be fully decorated and all the events will be going on. You have the storytellers at Epcot along with the Candlelight Processional. There are also the fun holiday stuff at DHS as well.

I'd choose your Sept date because...

It will def be warm enough to swim
Halloween parties are better than Christmas parties
Food and Wine is going in on Epcot

Debating to go either Sept 28, 2019, or Nov 9, 2019 or Dec 7, 2019 for a full week. I definately want to be able to have some pool time so I am thinking Dec 7 might be too cold. Any thoughts, pros, or cons would help? Also looking to rent dvc points if any one has, i believe its too early though.

Thanks in advance
It's not necessarily too early to start the ball rolling on a DVC rental for those dates. The first full week of Dec. is the most in-demand period on the DVC calendar. Nov. 9 will coincide with the end of F&W, possibly the Wine & Dine half marathon and Jersey Week. And Sept. 28 is pretty much the beginning of what DVC owners refer to as Fall Frenzy. If you want BWV or BCV you will want to book 11 months in advance (Oct. 28th 2018 for your Sept. 2019 date) and be prepared to pay in full at the time of booking. Some experienced renter's will line up an owner at 12 months or earlier by renting in a private transaction instead of going thru a broker.

I was in Disney starting Sept. 30 this year. Temps were in the mid-to-upper 80's with only a few scattered, brief showers. I've been there in early November and the weather was fine for swimming (plus hurricane season is over). Early Dec. can be a mixed bag, weather-wise. I've been there when the temps were in the 80s and then other times when it was so cold that I wore a hat and gloves at night.

Having said all of that, my preference for the resorts DVC resorts is the Boardwalk. It has full balconies and is an easy walk to both Epcot and HS. I think the views are also better than BC. And I would go in December just to be able to take in the holiday atmosphere.

If temps are a concern, end of September / early October is a beautiful time to go. Even November can have cooler days (I'm looking at temps for our Oct 31-Nov10 trip this year and it's looking good now in the 70s, 60s at night, but there can potentially be some days with highs in the 60s).

We also happen to really enjoy the Halloween Party.

I personally wouldn't step foot in Disney during the first month of Galaxy's Edge if your children aren't into it. It will be too busy.

I personally wouldn't step foot in Disney during the first month of Galaxy's Edge if your children aren't into it. It will be too busy.
It could be a good strategy, though. Skip HS and see if it takes down waits at Pandora or even 7DMT. However, I don't think Toy Story affected crowds very much on other rides... Disney just keeps letting more and more people in. I remember when 7DMT opened, it felt like you could just get back on Thunder Mt as much as you liked!

It could be a good strategy, though. Skip HS and see if it takes down waits at Pandora or even 7DMT. However, I don't think Toy Story affected crowds very much on other rides... Disney just keeps letting more and more people in. I remember when 7DMT opened, it felt like you could just get back on Thunder Mt as much as you liked!
That would be wonderful. All I know is I'm going first week in October and I'm praying that crowds are low in anticipation for GE later on in the fall and that discounts are abundant because everyone wants to wait for GE to open. A girl can only dream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter