Visa Gift Cards not working???

michelleandbrett

Earning My Ears
I've been redeeming swagbucks and mypoints for virtual visas and then converting at shopdisney since July no problem but this morning I got an email that they can't process my last request because they can't verify the address on my Visa card....anyone else ever had this happen or is this a new thing? How else can I convert?

Yikes! I do that, too. I was just getting ready to cash in some mypoints for a $50 Visa, but now I'm going to wait and see what happens with your situation! Could something have been left out of your latest transaction when converting points to a visa card? I'm not even sure who you call about this; shopDisney, I guess. Do they have an online chat person?

There is a number to call at shop disney but I keep getting a message that cast members will be back soon and to leave a message. I'll try calling Monday morning probably. I'm pretty sure I did everything the same, here's the email they sent:

Thank you for your recent Shop Disney order!

To verify your billing information and process your order for shipment, we must contact your card provider. To facilitate this process, we require a payment method that is verifiable through a legitimate banking facility. Regrettably, your card issuing bank will not participate in the verification with a third party.

At your earliest convenience, please contact us to provide another method of payment, that we may verify. Please call our Guest Services Department at 1-800-961-4376 or international at (407) 541-5586with the required information as soon as possible.

If we do not hear from you within the next ten days we will assume you no longer wish the order to be processed. We apologize for the inconvenience, but hope that you will appreciate the measures we take to ensure the security of your credit card usage

We appreciate your business and look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Sincerely,
Loss Prevention
Shop Disney Team

Have you tried adding it to your PayPal and paying with PayPal. Hope this will work because I ordered Two last week
Can you walk me through how to add it to my PayPal? I currently have funds in my PayPal account and I am 99% sure that if I were to buy a gift card (or anything) using PayPal, it would take it from my PayPal account first, correct?

Is this what I need to do?
1) Transfer my current PayPal funds into my linked bank account (no big deal since it will earn interest and I wasn't planning to use the money until my trip next year...hence the reason I do NOT want any transactions to come out of this balance)
2) Remove any cards that might currently be linked to my PayPal account (I don't think there are any right now)
3) Add the Virtual Visa card to my PayPal account and set it to my "default" or "preferred" form of payment for online transactions
4) Remove my bank account from my PayPal account

If I do all of these steps, I assume that any purchase I make online using PayPal would ONLY be able to access funds from the Virtual Visa, correct?

Can you walk me through how to add it to my PayPal? I currently have funds in my PayPal account and I am 99% sure that if I were to buy a gift card (or anything) using PayPal, it would take it from my PayPal account first, correct?

Is this what I need to do?
1) Transfer my current PayPal funds into my linked bank account (no big deal since it will earn interest and I wasn't planning to use the money until my trip next year...hence the reason I do NOT want any transactions to come out of this balance)
2) Remove any cards that might currently be linked to my PayPal account (I don't think there are any right now)
3) Add the Virtual Visa card to my PayPal account and set it to my "default" or "preferred" form of payment for online transactions
4) Remove my bank account from my PayPal account

If I do all of these steps, I assume that any purchase I make online using PayPal would ONLY be able to access funds from the Virtual Visa, correct?
I'm always given an option of what to use when I pay through PayPal before I finalize the order. If I don't want my default option there's a link to change it. Mine is set to default to a credit card and since then it's not asked to use my balance by default. I know that was an issue before but after they made some changes in the last couple years I haven't had that problem.

I had a similar problem recently with a Visa prepaid card I got as a rebate from buying tires.

Apparently some prepaid cards don't support verification of your address. Some you can register the card and add that info, some you can't. The place you are trying to use it at decides whether or not address verification is required when running the card. Sounds like shopdisney may have changed from not needing address verification, to wanting it.

The prepaid Visa card I had allowed me to register my name and address on it, but I still had problems using it at a lot of websites. I could see the pre-authorizations get approved when I looked at the card activity, so I know it wasn't the bank denying it, but the merchant seemed to refuse to take it still. Maybe there was a delay in the registration info kicking in or something.

BTW - Paypal is one of the sites that WOULDN'T work with my card, so don't count on it working there. (I could add it to my account but when I went to buy something, the payment would fail.) Amazon and Home Depot took it.

I will try when mine come in which will be probably end of this week. About 1 month ago I got a $10 Mastercard visa from Fetch. I added it to my PayPal made it default and paid target through PayPal using my default and it went through fine. Again this was a few weeks ago. So not sure but I will try when I get mine.

This must either be a recent change or maybe the redemption site changed their visa company. I got a visa about 3-4 weeks ago from mypoints and had no trouble buying a Disney gc from shopdisney at that time, and I know the OP has done the same before this denial.

I called shopDisney this morning and was told it was a recent change because they weren't getting paid on the virtual visa orders? Supposedly once she cancels my order, the money will be back on the card and I can try PayPal method suggested.

I ordered a card on Friday (11/2) - I haven't received a cancellation or a shipment email but from my virtual visa account it appears everything went through fine and it lists my billing address on virtual visa too - guess I'll give it a few days and if I don't hear anything I'll give them a call. I just used another virtual visa to order a Disney e-gift card via target.com so we'll see if that one comes through or not as a workaround.

I got a $25 Visa yesterday. I always buy Disney cards at shopdisney, but wasn't willing to risk it not going through (as others have reported), so I added the card to my Paypal and paid for the disney card that way. Worked perfectly fine, just an extra step.

I got a $25 Visa yesterday. I always buy Disney cards at shopdisney, but wasn't willing to risk it not going through (as others have reported), so I added the card to my Paypal and paid for the disney card that way. Worked perfectly fine, just an extra step.

How did you do this? The first time I tried it didnt work.

I added the Visa as a credit card to my Paypal account. I went to shopdisney and ordered an egift card, check out with PP. Selected the Visa as my payment option at PP and completed order.

Did you do an egiftcard? Was it delivered without a problem? I just remember trying to make a purchase last time and it took the money off of the card but it was eventually declined. I just want to be sure before I try it and it doesn't work. Thanks!

Did you do an egiftcard? Was it delivered without a problem? I just remember trying to make a purchase last time and it took the money off of the card but it was eventually declined. I just want to be sure before I try it and it doesn't work. Thanks!

I did an egift card and recieved it in a few minutes and added it to another GC with no problems.

I'm still waiting on my physical gift card shipment confirmation from my order placed on 11/2 - plan to call later today. However, I was able to successfully use the virtual visa to purchase an e-gift card from Target.com yesterday. Received the Disney e-gift card about an hour after my purchase on target.com.

Quick paypal question - I haven't used my paypal since before I was married and of course the email i use for swagbucks is the one on that paypal account - I don't really want to go through the hassle of digging out my marriage certificate to send to paypal, does anyone know if I can still use the account to load my virtual visas if its in my maiden name or will that not work since my last names are different?

Ok. Ordered on ShopDisney an egift card with visa- Declined. Waiting for funds back.

Added Visa to Paypal as a preferred credit card.
Ordered through Target with PP- Gift card received already transferred to another Disney Gift card.
Ordered through ShopDisney with PP- Gift card received already transferred to another Disney Gift card

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!