Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

If I have a boarding group for everyone in my family and my DH decides he's changed his mind and no longer wants to ride, is it possible to remove someone from the boarding group without deleting everyone else from the BG?
Yes, but I wouldn’t worry about removing him.

Yes, but I wouldn’t worry about removing him.
thank you . so if I just leave him on and he never scans in, will it stay on my MDE all day? or will it go away after the rest of the party scans in. Or does it not matter? can he get a different LL during that time instead?

thank you . so if I just leave him on and he never scans in, will it stay on my MDE all day? or will it go away after the rest of the party scans in. Or does it not matter? can he get a different LL during that time instead?
It won’t matter. VQ is separate from Genie+. It will be visible all day (in case he decides to change his mind).

If you purchased a LLIA then you can ask GET for a pass for another ride or a refund.

For the 6PM VQ on EEH for GOTG, can anyone confirm whether or not you need to be in Epcot to try for a boarding group?

For the 6PM VQ on EEH for GOTG, can anyone confirm whether or not you need to be in Epcot to try for a boarding group?
you do not need to be in Epcot but as previously noted you need a park hopper or an Epcot park pass. You also need to have entered your starting park prior to 6pm.

Guardians:

We did VQ for Guardians on March 20 and March 21. Both times we went for 1pm (couldn’t get up in time for 7… slept right through my alarm the first time!)

The VQ was open for quite awhile on March 20. I tried around 1:09pm and was group 170. Initially estimated callback time was 8:59pm. We were called back at 8:00pm and asked to return by 9:00pm. There was no pre-show via the LL entrance, just straight onto the ride.

It was extra evening hours at Epcot and we left around 10:34pm. At that time BG 234 was being called.

On March 21, got into the VQ right at 1:00pm. BG 106. Initial estimated callback time was 4:35pm. Actual callback time was 3:05pm. I had the option of buying LL for Guardians even after 1pm. There was a pre-show this time via LL entrance.

Tron:

March 22, decided to try VQ for Tron. Got up at 6:55am (that was a struggle, ngl), signed into the app, found a good spot for wifi, second guessed myself and went for data plan instead, and just kept hitting refresh after confirming my party. I thought I went in right at 7:00am but ended up with BG 83. Not complaining at all, wow it filled up fast! Initial estimated callback time was 5:25pm. I didn’t keep a close enough eye on this and we almost missed our return window. It actually opened at 1:53pm! We had an hour to return and a CM at GotG we were chatting with the day before had told us not to be late for Tron, as they’re being strict about the return window. There was a pre-show (I think) via LL entrance. VQ line was to the right of the rope, LL entrance was to the left. There’s CMs with tablets stationed in front of the LL area. Made it at 2:51pm.

Despite the expected soft opening hours of 9:00am-6:00pm, the LL showed operating hours of 9:00am-7:30pm. LL was available to purchase for $20/guest. When we walked by Tron around 6:30pm, there were people still riding. There was no one riding at 11:15pm but there were 4 CMs stationed in front of the ride entrance.

38FB9CE4-DD01-4693-8CA7-2DAB301D60D1.png

Despite the expected soft opening hours of 9:00am-6:00pm, the LL showed operating hours of 9:00am-7:30pm. LL was available to purchase for $20/guest. When we walked by Tron around 6:30pm, there were people still riding. There was no one riding at 11:15pm but there were 4 CMs stationed in front of the ride entrance.

I'm flying down on Saturday and hearing about everyone's experiences is very helpful! I've done virtual queues before, but I'm just a little nervous about Tron.

I read that they changed the hours to 7:30pm, and I just checked in the app. It closes at 8:00pm now. I'm going to try for a late ILL along with the VQ!

096EA215-F99D-464D-B96F-3003F82A8F63.png

I'm flying down on Saturday and hearing about everyone's experiences is very helpful! I've done virtual queues before, but I'm just a little nervous about Tron.

I read that they changed the hours to 7:30pm, and I just checked in the app. It closes at 8:00pm now. I'm going to try for a late ILL along with the VQ!

View attachment 748408
Yes, as of today the closing hour was changed to 8:00PM.

Please be aware that return times are being strictly enforced so if your VQ is called prior to your arrival, you will not be able to use it when you arrive if your return time has elapsed.

Whew that was fast! I'm usually good at VQ but completely missed Tron this morning. We plan to PH to Epcot though so hoping the GotG VQ stays open late enough for us to try. The last few days it seems like it's still open to join after 2pm. Has anyone else been able to do this recently?

We have one day hoppers in May and really want to try for tron. If I don’t get it or get a BG for a late return would I be able to change my park pass reservation to start somewhere else? I’m assuming not if I get a BG but curious if anyone has ever done this. Are there data points anywhere as to how fast the ILL is going for Tron?

We have one day hoppers in May and really want to try for tron. If I don’t get it or get a BG for a late return would I be able to change my park pass reservation to start somewhere else? I’m assuming not if I get a BG but curious if anyone has ever done this. Are there data points anywhere as to how fast the ILL is going for Tron?
Yes, if you try for a VQ but are unsuccessful, you can change your park reservation based on availability at other parks.

Thrill-Data has the best tracking of Tron stats including how long ILL$ are lasting. Other than today, ILL$ are filling within 15-40 mins so would be limited to onsite guests. Today's ILL$ lasted until park opening which meant some offsite guests may have been able to successfully purchase.

The fact that ride hours have been extended 3/4 days means more VQ and ILL$ are available which also helps offsite guests wishing to purchase ILL$.

Any real life info about missing your boarding group? I read they were enforcing it at TRON, what about Guardians?

Has anyone seen a change in GotG:CR since TRON was a virtual queue? Thill-data is showing it is still gone in the first minute, but is it gone in seconds or in like 30-60 seconds?

Tron
They are definitely strict on VQ and ILL return times. I understand why, but makes little sense for the VQ since you have no control of what return time you will get when you book at 7am.
Also today when I booked at 7am the estimated return time was 4pm.
VQ was called at 1pm with a return time by 2pm. If a visitor was planning or couldn't visit the park until 4pm you would be late. However, I wonder if a screenshot of what the app originally said would help.

VQ anytime for Guardians still worked yesterday.
Which makes it even more confusing to the normal visitor.

Tron
They are definitely strict on VQ and ILL return times. I understand why, but makes little sense for the VQ since you have no control of what return time you will get when you book at 7am.
VQ was called at 1pm with a return time by 2pm. If a visitor was planning or couldn't visit the park until 4pm you would be late. However, I wonder if a screenshot of what the app originally said would help.

As has been shared, a screenshot would not work. The VQ reservation clearly states it is an ESTIMATED return time. There are MANY reports that guests are being turned away who miss their return time and not a single report of a guest missing their return time being permitted to ride. I’m sure in the 4 days it has been running CMs have heard every reason for missing a return time pleaded over and over and been shown many screen shots.

People here are aware that GotG VQ return times are not being enforced. The vast majority of people in the parks are unaware of this so return when they are notified.

There are 2 drops each day. Anyone who tries at 7AM should be prepared to ride at any point from park open to park close. The majority of days 7AM VQs are all riding by early-mid afternoon which is why there is a second drop. Disney determines how the attraction is functioning and drops VQs based on how many they think they can permit to ride in a day. Thrill-Data shows a varying average (for GotG as there is not yet enough data for Tron) of anywhere between a little over 100VQs up to about 240VQs dropping each day. That’s a vast difference!!

For those planning to try for a VQ, please read posts in this thread of actual experiences and most importantly, on the day you’re holding a VQ reservation, monitor the MDE app as Disney openly shared which VQs are being called and be prepared to modify plans as needed.

Please don’t encourage people to challenge CMs. They are doing what they’ve been instructed to do.

Question?

If you have travel party and one of yours is not a room guest, can they get a virtual cue at 7:00 a.m. or will that cause it to crash?

A bit of a kerfuffle here. I got a virtual cue for everybody who is a resort guest. That's 10 people. One person is not but is joining us for the day. When we booked the 10, the one got left out and was not eligible to book a VQ because they are not a resort guest. One of us had faster fingers in the other and was A NOT linked to this person. I'm wondering if the app would have crashed if this person had been included and we tried to book the 11.

So I have a question about getting a virtual cue at 7:00 a.m. with a group that includes one non-resort guest. We have 11 people in our party. One is not a resort cast it was just joining us for the day. At 7:00 a.m. I booked the 10 that were linked to me. That did not include the one who is not a resort guest. My brother was furious as made me because he was linked to her and then he couldn't book her because the virtual key was full. My question is would he have been able to book her at 7:00 a.m. or would that have crashed the app and we would have been able to book anybody?

It's not a major point. We have a fix for it. It's more a matter of bragging rights. I think including her would have crashed it for him and then none of us would have been able to go on it. I've done this many times since October and I have had that app crash so many times. I have a good method that works now. And I trust it. So come hell or high water I was going to use it. I just want to know if I am right or if I'm wrong and I screwed up this one person.

In the past when I was competing with my family to book a VQ for this, anybody who was left on the table I was still able to book. But when she was left, he was unable to book her.

Tron

When I did this on Wednesday, we arrived a couple hours after our VQ was called but it was still in the morning. They were not nearly as strict with us. It also wasn't as busy. I'm thinking they're getting harder down because they've increased capacity and they're pushing it to the max. I think if you had a tight schedule, you're better off just buying a lightning lien for this in the soft opening. Unless of course you plan on being there all day.

I've been on Tron twice this month. It's a great ride and I will definitely do it again in future. But I don't have to do it again this trip.

I think the best method to handle with cast members is just to be kind. Try to be as close as you can to your window and be pleasant when you ask for an exception. They really will try to do the best they can. Understand they are running under limited capacity right now and the demand for exceeds it. The ride will be open in 2 weeks. And then everybody will be able to go on it. Just be patient.

As far as ride etiquette goes, don't expect a morning VQ to translate into an evening one. I think that should go for everybody. But I do think there is wiggle room if you're in the morning time slot or afternoon time slot or evening time slot. I don't expect to go on a ride an hour before closing if I had a morning time slot. That's not fair to them. But I would be unhappy if I had a morning time slot and I showed up before noon but they wouldn't let me on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter