Virtual Family Kingdom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an adult. I am smart. I am internet savvy. Yet, I was just a party to fraud for 14 months by someone I considered a very good friend on VMK.

Even more hugs to you my friend. I hope you are doing better since the last time we messaged. Biggest hugs!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you PrincessWendyBird for highlighting the bird locations...that saves time for those not familiar with them. You are much more comsistent in scoring than I am. Funny what triggers clues to us...I always see those berries hanging down as worms for the Worm eating warbler I think it is LOL...I look for colors to like prairie bird reminds me of desert colors...the tropical birds are colorful too...the flycatchers get tricky ...but when I recognize them without eliminating others I feel I have really accomplished something...Thanks again for posting

:tinker: :tinker: :tinker:

Even more hugs to you my friend. I hope you are doing better since the last time we messaged. Biggest hugs!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ty so much Days! And ty to all for the virtual hugs.

I didn't say what I said for the hugs (although they are SOoooo appreciated) I said it because even as smart and careful as I consider myself to be, scamming/internet fraud happens. We just need to be diligent to uncover any and all means that someone might try to fraud the kids or ourselves. Then we can truly have fun and find a magical place for us all to have fun and just be family. :wizard:

And as smart as I consider myself to be (cum laude here ppl!!) I cannot do that bird game. There is NO WAY. :P

I stink at this game, but on another board somewhere, I read about an AWA bug that sounded interesting. We just figured this out yesterday. And it will make this game very relaxing! (Note: this doesn't work for everyone for some reason).

Hopefully you own two magic enchantments. If you don't, please PM me and maybe we can work out a loaner/gift.

When you're in game - click on the hummer to pull up your signature/lanyard screen.

Then do a enchantment. What will happen is your hummer will turn into that enchantment and stop. Also, the gas will stop being used. (For some, the gas keeps running down and I don't know why)

When the enchantment wears off, the hummer will reappear but you will still be frozen and the gas will still be stopped.

At this point, simply (carefully) click on a bird and answer the question.

You can do this ten times a level, which is the max number of bird questions you can answer per level. If you click on a bird for the eleventh time, it will fly away.

If you accidently don't click a bird and you start moving again, quickly click on the hummer and perform a different enchantement to stop again.

Click anywhere on the screen to get your hummer moving again.

Get some gas (my favorite part) and move on to the next level.

Rinse, spit, repeat.

You still have to know your birds. But while this bug lasts, it allows you to think about the question longer without worrying about running into stuff, running out of gas, or just missing bird clicks.

This will help you learn the birds better with less stress, and also learn the locations of the "black" bird spots (in case you're having a hard time seeing them).

If you do the enchantment and keep moving, just click on yourself again and try a different magic. This should "freeze" your hummer in time.

If you happen to know a certain Princess, who also is sitting next to you, you can ask her if the bird is a blah blah warbler or a blah blah finch so you get the question right. I guess I'm the only one that can use that trick though. ;)

This will not work for everyone, and I'm not sure why. But if this bug works for you, and while it lasts, it may help you slow things down a bit to learn the birds.
pirate:

Belle what is your vfk title so I can look you up to learn about the magic?

KingQuakATac...I tried using my magic in bird game but it did not work. With your thorough instructions I will give it another try. What is the top scopre for that game now that we can only go 60 levels? I am amazed the things people think of with these games.

Belle what is your vfk title so I can look you up to learn about the magic?

KingQuakATac...I tried using my magic in bird game but it did not work. With your thorough instructions I will give it another try. What is the top scopre for that game now that we can only go 60 levels? I am amazed the things people think of with these games.

The highest possible score is right around 28,800. Good luck with the bug. I hope it works for you. pirate:

It really has nothing to do with moderating and more with commentating!

Please elaborate

It looks like you are saying my comments are not welcome in this thread, but I dont want to jump to that assumption.

OK - can we talk fireworks then? LOL. Is it the same as VMK...more points the closer it is to the end of the "flare"? And do you score better hitting the firework more dead-center rather than just catching the edge? Was trying to figure it out last night and was getting 10 or 20 points per explode...when I tried exploding early I got 8 points....anyone figure out the scoring yet?

I totally stink at these mini-games. The only thing I've managed to learn in fireworks is that if you hit the firework with the wrong symbol, you get ZIPPO points! :rotfl2:

Oh man... I can't wait for pirates!

OK, It has been a long time since I have posted here, but if I can help some friends with the bird game, I'm in. I now average 22,000 - 28,000 a game. Here are a few basic tips:
1. For now there is a bug in the game where the last answer is never correct. Use this to your advantage on the first 2 levels to start learning the birds.
2. On the second game screen, I never try for the gas can down between the logs and rocks - I never need it.
3. Hit the gas cans straight on with the vehicle. Slow down a little if you have to.
4. When I remember the birds, I use something in the picture to associate with a word in it's name. ie. titmouse birds usually have a bird "hanging" upside-downish with its little head up in the air. Bonaparte's something or other has a large pinkish flower.
5. Warblers usually have a black mark of some kind around their eyes.
6. Use berries or flowers to associate birds with their names.
Some people have said they are having trouble seeing where the bird shadows are on the screen. There are 5 positions on each level where you can click on a bird. I circled them below.

AWA1.jpg

Thanks so much, Princess! So funny to me how I can see at least 5-6 "birds" in that picture that aren't circled! Grrr... stupid black shadow birds...

Your guide sounds awesome! Hurry, hurry! Get off the DIS and go work! (just kidding) :teeth:

Please elaborate

It looks like you are saying my comments are not welcome in this thread, but I dont want to jump to that assumption.

Aengus, I took his/her comment to mean this - we're not having a problem with the moderators here... it's the others (commentators) that jump in and post very belittling remarks that serve no purpose other than make fun of the game and its developers.

MickeyBeast can correct me if I'm wrong...

I've been away awhile due to an injury and just spent some time reading this thread. I also spent some time in VFK. It's no secret we had/have issues with this game so to see they have made absolutely NO progress towards providing the "safe' environment they promised leaves us with only one option at this time.

It's also all I can do not to issue MANY infractions for the attacks I see on this thread. In my opinion, the Mods of this board have been more than tolerant in allowing some of your comments directed at them and the DIS.

I am closing this thread until we can discuss it further. We will not be allowing discussion regarding VFK on these boards until a final decision has been made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter