Virgin online discount

mickeyforpresident

DIS Veteran
OK!! I'm panicking as Ive been holding out booking and now our dates (3/8) are not available as a package through Virgin (although Atlantic are still showing seats). I've held out as I was hoping that around Christmas time Virgin might increase their online discount.... i was wondering that since they've had 10% for so long, they might go up to 15% around Christmas. How likely is that do you think?

Mickey P

VH have, in the past, offered the 15% discount for circa 24 hours on certain Bank Holidays. I only remember this occurring at Easter and Christmas tho' so you'd have to hang on until Christmas Day...

virgin holidays only have a certain amount of seats from VA so thats why VA will still have them

If your dates are not there for August I doubt they will release anymore, as said VH only get a certain amount from VA. Always possible but don't expect it.

I booked Xmas 07 with 10% disc just before the 15% sale in New year. This was to travel Xmas 08. Once the sale was on I checked prices again, would have cost me more in the sale as they had increased prices more than the extra 5% disc.

Have you looked at DIY?
For next August 21 nights at OKW with VH works out at £6,371 with car.

Hotel direct with Disney £2,100
Car gold cover £489
VA flights £2,424
Total like for like £5,013

£1,358 saving for exactly tthe same thing. No discount Virgin give will bring it down to that.

I am aiming to do it for about half Virgin price, about £3,500 with indirect flights (or Virgin miles and money) and using a cashback site.

Wayne,

What hotel were you looking at for that price - that's very temping especially for 21 nights!!

Mickey P

That was for either OKW or SSR studio, both with free DDP upto 4 people(with park ticket purchase).
POR is the same price but only Quick service DDP included
Complete Orlando have some deals on Disney hotels also for next August, some cheaper then direct, If I remember rightly POR was about £250 cheaper(for 21 nights) than Disney.co.uk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter