Virgin holidays/Disney reference number

jjj4

Earning My Ears
Hi Just wondering if someone can help please? I was wondering 1) how and 2) when you get your Disney reference/confirmation number from Virgin holidays so that you link your booking to MDE/make park reservations etc? (I remember from the past that its different to the Virgin booking reference number.) Thanks in advance for any help you are able to give.

So its not different any more well at least to link it isn't. It takes between a week and 30 days to link. I tried every day for about 2 weeks before it suddenly decided to work

So its not different any more well at least to link it isn't. It takes between a week and 30 days to link. I tried every day for about 2 weeks before it suddenly decided to work
O that's good to know as I hadn't heard it was the same reference number. Thanks for replying.

I can't get to work for a Virgin reservation that's at the Dolphin? Any other advice or better to call Disney/Virgin? Any help appreciated.

Did you manage to sort linking your hotel?
We're staying at the Swan, booked with VH.
I used the VH booking number to link the hotel ony MDE. Tried to use the same number to link it on my husband's but it doesn't work. A message pops up saying the booking reference is already being used by me.
I'm going to have to call someone aren't I 😂 no idea who though. Want to link it in case he does early entry without me and my phone. He won't. But just in case 😂

I used the VH booking number to link the hotel ony MDE. Tried to use the same number to link it on my husband's but it doesn't work. A message pops up saying the booking reference is already being used by me.
I'm going to have to call someone aren't I 😂 no idea who though. Want to link it in case he does early entry without me and my phone. He won't. But just in case 😂
Hi thanks for asking - I managed to link our hotel to MDE using the VH booking reference number after about a week. The Park tickets still won’t link though. On the chat function of the VH website it says to use the same VH booking reference to link the park tickets (which we got through VH) and that they take a bit longer to link but isn’t more specific than that. I can’t see where to put the VH reference for the park tickets either……. Hope you get your issue sorted - I completely understand why you’d want it linked on his phone too. Let me know how you get on 😀

Tried to use the same number to link it on my husband's but it doesn't work.
Can you link your MDE accounts to get round this, rather than trying to reuse the booking number?
Just a thought.

You can't link directly to 2 like this. You need to connect his MDE to your MDE and then match him up via that.
Can you link your MDE accounts to get round this, rather than trying to reuse the booking number?
Just a thought.

Yes this is exactly what they need to do. You can only link the actual reservation to 1 account then you link the person to that account and put them as the second guest. That's what we had to do anyway

You can't link directly to 2 like this. You need to connect his MDE to your MDE and then match him up via that.

Yes this is exactly what they need to do. You can only link the actual reservation to 1 account then you link the person to that account and put them as the second guest. That's what we had to do anyway
He is linked as the second guest. It the hotel isn't showing on his mde.
That's if I'm understanding 'linking' correctly.
So I set my mde up. Hotel and both our tickets are showing on mine with me managing DH's ticket.
Set up his MDE on his phone. Both our tickets are showing. No hotel showing.

He is linked as the second guest. It the hotel isn't showing on his mde.
That's if I'm understanding 'linking' correctly.
So I set my mde up. Hotel and both our tickets are showing on mine with me managing DH's ticket.
Set up his MDE on his phone. Both our tickets are showing. No hotel showing.

Have you assigned him to the hotel booking? I think that's what I had to do with my Dad so I had to edit the booking on the app then assign him to it if that makes sense? I did it in Jan so its a big vage in my head I'm sorry.

Have you assigned him to the hotel booking? I think that's what I had to do with my Dad so I had to edit the booking on the app then assign him to it if that makes sense? I did it in Jan so its a big vage in my head I'm sorry.
Nope. No idea how to do that. I'll take a look.

Sorted my issue.
I had to 'un-manage' my husband's account. I found the answer from the PlanDisney site.
If it helps anyone else I've copied the info below:-

1. Access your Family and Friends list by clicking the three small lines at the bottom right of the home screen, scrolling down to click "My Profile," and then clicking the "Family and Friends List" tab.
2. Click on your wife's name and "Send Email."
3. Enter the email address associated with your wife's My Disney Experience account and click "Send Invitation."
4. Have your wife check her email and click "Accept" in the email invitation from Disney Destinations.

Once your wife accepts the email invitation to connect, all reservations linked to her via your account will automagically transfer to her account. You will remain connected as Family and Friends, which means you can view and make plans for each other (dining reservations, theme park reservations, Lightning Lane reservations, etc.)

It worked. The hotel info is now showing for DH too 👍

Sorted my issue.
I had to 'un-manage' my husband's account. I found the answer from the PlanDisney site.
If it helps anyone else I've copied the info below:-

1. Access your Family and Friends list by clicking the three small lines at the bottom right of the home screen, scrolling down to click "My Profile," and then clicking the "Family and Friends List" tab.
2. Click on your wife's name and "Send Email."
3. Enter the email address associated with your wife's My Disney Experience account and click "Send Invitation."
4. Have your wife check her email and click "Accept" in the email invitation from Disney Destinations.

Once your wife accepts the email invitation to connect, all reservations linked to her via your account will automagically transfer to her account. You will remain connected as Family and Friends, which means you can view and make plans for each other (dining reservations, theme park reservations, Lightning Lane reservations, etc.)

It worked. The hotel info is now showing for DH too 👍
Ah glad you sorted it and sorry I wasn't much help.

Seems like all I am doing today is jumping on other peoples threads with my own questions - so apologies for that.
I managed to link my Swan Reserve no issue - but can't link bonnet creek. Is it actually possible? Or necessary - I can link on checkin day for early entry the rest of the week - obviously without the 60 day fast passes or access to 7am $ILL it doesn't really matter lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter