Virgin Atlantic E-tickets.

PoppyAnna

DIS Veteran
I have no experience of these and I intend to book on-line this week.
When it's emailed to you does it include the locator ref. ?

I have no printer at the moment (long story v.boring), I may have to ask somebody to print them for us, is it a one chance thing?

.....and anything else you can think of would be great....:thumbsup2

Cheers ears! ::MickeyMo

I used to work for virgin atlantic and it should be emailed quite quick but can take a few days, the locator should be givin to you online so as long as you have this number and your card you should be able to check in.

Most times I've travelled even at bag drop off, the virgin staff have asked to see a print out of the email confirmation you get sent.

I wouldn't set off without it based on what I've seen.
Certainly if you haven't checked in online and have your boarding cards printed, you will definitely require it.

This email contains the reference # you need to select seats, check in online etc.

I am just looking at an E ticket now.
This gets sent to your Email inbox and you will be able to read it there, print it off, save it to a folder and yes, send it to another email address for them to print it off.

On the Eticket it has
Your booking details including the reference (locator) issue date and place of issue
It then hyas the passenger names and the flight details, including flight departure dates departure airports depart times, arrival airports arrival times, class of travel staus and flight operated by

Then terminal information, check in times then below that (on the second page) Individual passenger ticket numbers and the fare details fare, prices taxes etc
then telephone contact numbers.

Once you have your details to amand your booking on line, you can get a copy of this eticket emailed to you at any time on that info pages.

You shouldn't need a copy of the email e-tickets receipt when you go to the airport - since the email is not the "e-ticket" itself (and "e-ticket" is an electronic ticket and exists within the airline's computer systems). The email you have is just a receipt.

The only time Ihave been asked to see my e-ticket a few time over the past 7/8 years:
- when trying to join the Virgin UC queue recently - the security guy doing presecurity checks wanted to see it (he was checked everybodies - I guess wanted to see if people were queueing in the right place).
- when travelling on a one-way ticket into the US (when we checked in for the flight to the US, that airline wanted to see proof that we had a return journey booked - so showed them the e-ticket for the return flight with another airline which was booked seperately...)

HOWEVER I always print and take a copy of our e-tictet receipt: partly for information (flight times, flight numbers etc) and partly "just in case" (in case you need it to prove to US immigration that you are on a return ticket or incase anything goes wrong with your booking/flight) - it is useful to have.

So like Obi says, forward it to someone else to print it for you.

ALice

- when trying to join the Virgin UC queue recently - the security guy doing presecurity checks wanted to see it (he was checked everybodies - I guess wanted to see if people were queueing in the right place).

That is the only bugbear I have with DTD Check in, they don't have purple boarding passes, so they give you a red one. if you then don't change it at MCO, they look at you funny when waiting in the red carpet queue, saying "Are you sure you are in the right area?" when they see the red top to the BP :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!