Vinylmation Secrets Revealed?!! Hmm...

I bought a sealed case pf Park 4 and I can confirm that our chaser was in the last column- the one on the far right. For what it's worth, ours was in the far right corner, the closest to you as you open the case- the front row.

Cast Members are instructed to mix the boxes every time they open a new box.

And I bet you'll all be the first ones to complain when every single case in the park has been opened and there is one box missing. Well done for ruining it for everyone.

I can't believe how greedy some people can be! :mad:

What is a chaser?

We've been into pin collecting for years (we have really backed off the trading aspect as there are so many scrappers out there). But on our last trip I let the kids get a couple of vinylmation ones. I am assuming there is less chance that these can be forged, etc. unlike pins.

I haven't heard these are being faked, yet. A chaser is the 1 in 24 in the case. Everything else is 1 in 12 (or 2:24) +/-. There is also a "filler", which there will be more of in a case. The retail for chasers on the bay is about $40-50. But if you trade they are "worth" more, so ask for other chasers or multiple common figures in return.
vinylnation.net is a great place for trading, news, and picture lists of each set that is out AND upcoming. Check there to see if yor kids picked up a chaser :)

and i bet you'll all be the first ones to complain when every single case in the park has been opened and there is one box missing. Well done for ruining it for everyone.

I can't believe how greedy some people can be! :mad:

what she said!

I haven't heard these are being faked, yet. A chaser is the 1 in 24 in the case. Everything else is 1 in 12 (or 2:24) +/-. There is also a "filler", which there will be more of in a case. The retail for chasers on the bay is about $40-50. But if you trade they are "worth" more, so ask for other chasers or multiple common figures in return.
vinylnation.net is a great place for trading, news, and picture lists of each set that is out AND upcoming. Check there to see if yor kids picked up a chaser :)

Thanks for the link/page - spent some time looking at them. Some of the sets are completely adorable (the muppets). I looked at a couple that my children purchased but I didn't see a "chaser" in say this series: http://www.vinylnation.net/vinyls/urbanseries2/urban2.html - Do ones with LE's not have chasers?

HI Anjelica,
The Chaser in Urban 2 is Green Tea. 11 regular 3" VM's and one 3" chaser (a mystery, until someone posts it).
The LE's in the link you posted are actually 9" 'dolls' so to speak, that are very limited in number. From 1 to 750. They retail at 39.95, and once sold out can be quit valuable. They are also very tradeable. They are open box, so you can see what you buy. There are also 3" VM's that are open box- Sports and Big Eyes.
For example, I just traded a 3" Park 1 "Bad Apple" (paid $10 over a year ago) for the new 9" Sci Fi Dinner - which are mostly sold old. So I'm pretty happy about that. The trading aspect is something I never thought I'd do, but it's actually really fun.

When a new series comes out in the Parks they may become available later online at Disneyshopping.com. There's free shipping on Park Merchandise this weekend, so you could pick up some Muppets blind boxes ;) Unfortunately, there aren't any 9"'s in Muppets....

Hope that helps!

I just started collection vinyls on my trip last week, and I notices some vinyls, like the sports series and the oh mickey series were not in foils packs. meaning you could see what one you were buying. Now I am seeing that the big eye series id the same way. Is this going to be the way from now on or are they going to continue the foil.

I just started collection vinyls on my trip last week, and I notices some vinyls, like the sports series and the oh mickey series were not in foils packs. meaning you could see what one you were buying. Now I am seeing that the big eye series id the same way. Is this going to be the way from now on or are they going to continue the foil.

They are for the for see able future going to sell both the main reason to keep the blind boxes is they make more money because most of the time you only like a couple from a set and will keep on buying till u get them vs the open ones u will only buy the ones you like so usually you spend less.

Well for me I like the challenge. I think that is what drug me into yet anothier disney obsession. :rolleyes1

The blind boxes will far out number the window box series. I like the BB's much more. The Oh Mickeys are cute, but I only have one. I'm waiting for Toy Story Series to come out. Should be any day...

I was very happy to see that CMs at every location I checked last week while at WDW were mixing up boxes in the case upon opening. I was worried it was only happening in a few locations with more knowledgeable CMs, but it seemed pretty uniform, and I even witnessed the mixing several times myself. Good on you CMs! Don't let cheaters break the system!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter