Views on the kyriad hotel please?

slinky101

DIS Veteran
hi, can,t get into explorers or Hi or movenpick for the dates I want in december, any views on the kyriad, only plan on sleeping there, will be out after breakfast back just before bedtime, price is good and we are running out of other options :guilty:
so, anyone stayed there? is it ok? :confused3

How many of you are there going? We stayed there with 2 adults and 2 kids and it was very claustrophobic. We only stayed for one night and were moving onto HNY. I was really relieved that we had only booked for the one night. It was otherwise clean (being pretty new and all) but basic. We didn't eat at it but I have heard the food's not great. Lobby etc was nice enough. I would say if you want a cheapie and are literally only going to sleep there then go for it!!

thanks for the reply nicola, i did a search and read your posts but thats all I could find on it,so thats why I posted my own thread.
can i ask, when you moved to HNY was it easy i.e. using the parks before you booked in to hotel etc? I have been thinking about one night kyriad and two nights onsite but was worried that the swapping about would be a pain and would waste the little time we have :confused3

What we do is pack everything we need for that first night in a backpack and don't open our suitcases. We get up first thing in morning and get on the bus to HNY. Sometimes our room is ready, sometimes not. If not, we drop our bags off and head off to park for opening time (Bags are waiting in room when we return later that evening). Not much hassle and booking the extra night in the cheapie hotel allows us to make the most of the park opening times and thus the most of our holiday. We always do it this way but instead of spending the first night in Kyriad we always stay in HI now. Wouldn't do it any other way!!

thanks for the reply nicola, we wont be getting to the park til at least 8pm on the first night so don't see the point of staying onsite for the first night and obviously this cuts down the cost as we are not paying for park days we are not using. do you get your park tickets from hotel when you drop off your suitcases?

We stayed there in May. The hotel is OK. If you are the whole day in the park and only come back to sleep you can stay there with 2 adults and 2 kids. Here 2 pictures. One of the quensizebed and 1 of the kids bed.

thanks for the reply marcus, we will be two adults and two kids, room looks clean , I am expecting it to be cramped with the four of us. :sunny:

Claire, They give you the park tickets when you drop your bags off. I have to say though two out of the four times we have done this our room has been ready first thing in the morning-we have always gone May or June (low season) so this is probably why.

Claire, I was just looking at your countdown. Looks like you're gonna be there same time as us. We are there from Nov 28-dec 2nd. 2 nights this time at HI so we can do tour of Paris, then 4 nights at DLH. Hopefully it won't be too busy during the weekdays :Pinkbounc

we are tied due to DH only having a few days holiday left so have to go over the weekend, we fly from cardiff thursday 1st december and return late on sunday 4th, hoping the crowds wll be better than the horror stories i have read about later in the month, I just want to see the christmas season and that will make up for any crowds or cheapie hotels!
have a great trip..........................................................

slinky101 said:
hi, can,t get into explorers or Hi or movenpick for the dates I want in december, any views on the kyriad, only plan on sleeping there, will be out after breakfast back just before bedtime, price is good and we are running out of other options :guilty:
so, anyone stayed there? is it ok? :confused3

Which dates are you looking for? Perhaps I con book you in. Sent me a PM. :wizard:

Greets Renate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter