Video Camera

Sorry Neil I have not tried the others but the JVC has received good reviews and seems good to me. The CCD is about 1.2M pixels so should give good detail. It has 10x optical zoom.

Neil, the picture on the JVC is excellent, comparing welll to all consumer-grade camcorders that I've seen. It is certainly better than the cheaper (sub-£700 models) in the budget ranges, and as good as the SonyPC100 that I have. The next step up in terms of picture quality would be 3 CCD models such as the Canon XM1 or the Sony VX2000, but these are much larger and more expensive. For the combination of quality, size and price I think the JVC is hard to beat (especially if you can get the price AND interest-free credit that bengunn has quoted).

Regards

Rob

PS: A good place to buy cheap miniDV tapes is KVJ Tapes. They advertise in the camcorder magazines that I mentioned earlier in this thread. They are much cheaper than high street prices.

You can get both the low price and the 6 months interest-free credit (all you have to do is pay off the entire amount inside 6 months - but no instalment plan within that time).

Take the camcorder with you. :D The first time I took I came home with 8 hours of video. I tape the rides, parades, fireworks, resorts and anything else that takes my interest. On our trip in 2000 I got to video Westlife in concert at Pleasure Island!!!:cool:
Would you have a clip of that Westlife performance you could share? I am a HUGE Westlife fan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter