VGF Villas & Views - REVISED 07/22/2017

Hi! I had an amazing stay in Villa 1326. I love the monorail, so I can't imagine enjoying a different view room more than this one!

Thanks, ChrisNY2, for adding your photos to the thread!

I'm also curious about any noise from the monorail or from being in the front of the building overlooking the driveway. Before VGF opened, some people were very concerned with the close proximity of the monorail track to some of the villas. I think they thought it would be like that scene in "The Blues Brothers" when the elevated train goes by Elwood and Jake's room at the flophouse.

1326 has a great view =) My son would love that view, hes all about the monorail :) there is a studio right beside that room so any of the 28's should be good for my trip in June. 1328, 1428, or 1528 would be perfect!

Thanks, ChrisNY2, for adding your photos to the thread!

I'm also curious about any noise from the monorail or from being in the front of the building overlooking the driveway. Before VGF opened, some people were very concerned with the close proximity of the monorail track to some of the villas. I think they thought it would be like that scene in "The Blues Brothers" when the elevated train goes by Elwood and Jake's room at the flophouse.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

The monorail was no noise problem at all. We frequently had both the living room and bedroom doors open and we could barely hear the monorail going by. When the doors were shut there was no noise at all from the monorail or anything else. We'd very rarely hear people's voices when we were sitting on the balcony. So really, there's no need to be concerned about noise.

I loved my stay, and may have gotten a bit spoiled by the quality of the rooms! I also loved the easy walk from the Villas to the Polynesian - where we went for some meals and drinks.

Are there any true MK views at VGF for viewing wishes? It looks as if the rooms that end in 14 on the lake view sight may have a partial view.

Are there any true MK views at VGF for viewing wishes? It looks as if the rooms that end in 14 on the lake view sight may have a partial view.

I stated in 1316 1 bd lake view which is the 2nd from the end and our firework view was minimal.

Staying in 1514 now (studio). Saw the fireworks from Cali Grill on Saturday night and I believe we saw all the fireworks from our room last night. Don't think there was anything that we couldn't see from our room.

Staying in 1514 now (studio). Saw the fireworks from Cali Grill on Saturday night and I believe we saw all the fireworks from our room last night. Don't think there was anything that we couldn't see from our room.

Could you post a view photo from your room 1514 for wdrl's records?

:cool1: Thanks for the great information! We leave in 3 weeks and can't wait!

This is great. But I am still confused by the maps in the first post. Where the legend is, is that a view of the pool? What should I request if I want even a sliver of a lake view ( we booked a standard studio)

This is great. But I am still confused by the maps in the first post. Where the legend is, is that a view of the pool? What should I request if I want even a sliver of a lake view ( we booked a standard studio)

It appears that the Standard View Studios ending in xx15 probably offer the best lake views. They are on the front of the VGF building and overlook the Wedding Pavilion. Look in Post #2 of this thread and try to find a link to a villa ending in xx15 or xx17, which is the one-bedroom villa adjacent to xx15, to see the views from these villas.

Good luck!

Pictures from 1507 - our 2BR standard view in December:

p682578428-4.jpg

p782759341-4.jpg

p563082681-4.jpg

p668638149-4.jpg

p607610487-4.jpg

p775482458-4.jpg

p1008616662-4.jpg

p728718083-4.jpg

p991787954-4.jpg

p1030302889-4.jpg

Thanks for posting your photos, Kathy! I've added your villa to the list in Post #2.

Thanks but I'd rather not request a specific room xx15 because it may delay our check-in but a particular area might work- would I saw facing pool, lobby, monorail, etc? I am still confused by the initial drawing. I don't understand it at all.

Thanks but I'd rather not request a specific room xx15 because it may delay our check-in but a particular area might work- would I saw facing pool, lobby, monorail, etc? I am still confused by the initial drawing. I don't understand it at all.

You're probably best off requesting a villa facing towards the pool but as was mentioned the xx15 probably has the best of all the water views. However even a couple of those rooms will probably have any view of Bay Lake water blocked by the end of the building but you'd still see the pool.

You can go to post two and click on some of the photo links and compare to the legend to help get a better idea of the orientation. But be prepared for not seeing the lake since you have booked standard view.

This is great. My wife decided she wants to try to get the Grand Floridian for our anniversary trip, so I'll put in a request for 1515. I've had great luck getting my requested rooms lately.

We are in room 1603 standard 1 br... it's beautiful and the view is great! I will post pics as soon as I upload to photobucket, etc. Wifi is not fast ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter