VGF, BLT or BWV? Addonitis!

bluelily225

Earning My Ears
Hi! I am a new member! Just got AKV and booked my trip :)
I am thinking that I would like 11-month dibs on a resort nearer to the parks as well. VGF looks gorgeous and now with the new walkway, I think it is a good idea. BLT is also a good option.
AND at the same time, BWV appeals to me for its location... the boardwalk looks super fun.
I do have a 2 yr old so being near MK I think will be ideal in the long run... I honestly can't decide.

I would appreciate your input!

I vote for BLT or VGF, but lean toward VGF. VGF has larger studios, the split bath and pull down trundle bed.

I think the splash area at VGF for kids is better. Its a smaller resort so harder To get than BLT. But BLT does have the SV option that is less points when you need to conserve and that is the advantage to own there,

BLT, cheaper per point compared to VGF, longer contract life compared to BWV, and a reasonable point chart in between. Also considering your two year old, there are at least another 5-10 years more about MK.
Yes these are all the reasons we went with BLT. We were originally convinced we wanted grand Floridian. But then we looked at the lake views 1 bedrooms and only a couple could actually see magic kingdom and fire works. Theme park view at bay lake tower is actually less points than grand Floridian lake view. That’s when we realized BLT made the most sense. Not only was it cheaper to buy the points to use are cheaper across the board.

We recently got back from staying at the poly with a lake view room. The view from there beats both but it only has studios or bungalows. We spent a good bit of time at the contemporary and grand Floridian for meals and were torn for a bit but eventually went with BLT.

I vote for BLT or VGF, but lean toward VGF. VGF has larger studios, the split bath and pull down trundle bed.

I think the splash area at VGF for kids is better. Its a smaller resort so harder To get than BLT. But BLT does have the SV option that is less points when you need to conserve and that is the advantage to own there,
Aghhhh... its tough. Where do you own?

I own at RIV, BWV, and SSR. I use to own at both BLT and VGF. I sold those a few years back so I could buy the 500 points at SSR to use during my retirement to go monthly from Dec to April.

I would love to sell BWV and buy again at VGF..but hubby wants me to keep BWV.

I own at RIV, BWV, and SSR. I use to own at both BLT and VGF. I sold those a few years back so I could buy the 500 points at SSR to use during my retirement to go monthly from Dec to April.

Good setup 👍🏼

It’s a tough choice... thank you guys! At least we took BWV out of the running

As a father of a 3 year old and another on the way, you cannot go wrong with a magic kingdom resort. I own and BLT, VGF and not having to fold up your stroller to go to the park is such a benefit. Grand Floridian is amazing. My daughter loves running around in the huge lobby.
Bay lake tower is not especially my taste, I like more theming, but the location and overall point value is unmatched.
Don’t give up on boardwalk, maybe add on a small boardwalk or beachclub contract in a year or two. Once my daughter was 2-1/2 she started to love the boardwalk area and Epcot too. She loves the games and walking the boardwalk back from Epcot and grabbing and ice cream are memories that live forever.

You'd be happy with BLT or VGF, and with VGF getting the walkway the walk home advantage will no longer be unique to BLT.

VGF isn't my style, so we chose BLT. It's also a good contract length with a decent point chart and some of the lowest dues in the system. It works for us, I'm actually posting this from our room at BLT right now.

If VGF is your thing though, it's a beautiful resort. I don't think there's much price difference on the resale market anymore, at least not as big as it used to be. When I bought 3 years ago VGF was going in the mid 150's and BLT was going in the high 110's to mid 120's. No idea what VGF is selling for these days.

You'd be happy with BLT or VGF, and with VGF getting the walkway the walk home advantage will no longer be unique to BLT.

VGF isn't my style, so we chose BLT. It's also a good contract length with a decent point chart and some of the lowest dues in the system. It works for us, I'm actually posting this from our room at BLT right now.

If VGF is your thing though, it's a beautiful resort. I don't think there's much price difference on the resale market anymore, at least not as big as it used to be. When I bought 3 years ago VGF was going in the mid 150's and BLT was going in the high 110's to mid 120's. No idea what VGF is selling for these days.

BLT is about $30/ pt less on average right now.

VGF is so much more expensive than other points, you better be planning to use at VGF only.

VGF is also a much smaller resort, and I think it will go up more over time. But that's just wild speculation, no one knows where values will go.

VGF is so much more expensive than other points, you better be planning to use at VGF only.
I didn’t think of it this way, but good point. This makes me think of it a different way.
I do really like VGF but it is prob better to go with BLT.
I was thinking that with the new proposed walkway at VGF, price was going to go higher and now was the time to buy.

Last edited:
I didn’t think of it this way, but good point. This makes me think of it a different way.
I do really like VGF but it is prob better to go with BLT.
I was thinking that with the new proposed walkway at VGF, price was going to go higher and now was the time to buy.

I think asking prices have gone up at VGF already, sorry. The differential is around $30 per point, which is what it was when I bought 3 years ago.

We own at BLT (resale), VGF (resale), RIV, bought in that order. We had thought about BCV and BWV ever since we made our first offer(s) back in 2017. The Boardwalk is super fun and we spent a few hours on NYE there on our last trip, staying at RIV. I agree with previous posters (and you) that BWV is probably out. At their asking prices, you would do a lot better buying BLT points and having the contract for a lot longer, and switching out to BWV at 7 mo if available. And my kids, at 4 and 8, still say MK is their favorite park.

Here's a couple other questions when deciding between BLT and VGF:

Are you planning to stay in studios or 1BR? Are you hoping/planning to have more than 1 kid?

a VGF studio is a LOT better, spacewise, than a BLT studio. Especially if you have 2 kids. Because VGF has the pull down bed in addition to the sofa bed, until the younger kid is out of a crib, you'll be able to keep the couch folded up for a lot longer. With BLT, you will be unfolding the couch as soon as your 2-yo is out of a crib or pack/play. VGF studios also have a split bath layout, so you can have two people taking a bath or shower at the same time. The pullout couch in a VGF studio is also larger than the pullout in BLT, I think.

BUT - If you are going to be staying in a 1br, BLT has 2 full baths, with 2 toilets and 2 places to shower. The VGF 1br has a soaking tub and a walk in shower, so when you go to a 1br at VGF you actually lose a shower.

And finally - if you're thinking about 3 kids, you won't be able to stay in BLT studios once the 3rd one is out of a crib (and it's a tight fit with 2 kids).

We own at BLT (resale), VGF (resale), RIV, bought in that order. We had thought about BCV and BWV ever since we made our first offer(s) back in 2017. The Boardwalk is super fun and we spent a few hours on NYE there on our last trip, staying at RIV. I agree with previous posters (and you) that BWV is probably out. At their asking prices, you would do a lot better buying BLT points and having the contract for a lot longer, and switching out to BWV at 7 mo if available. And my kids, at 4 and 8, still say MK is their favorite park.

Here's a couple other questions when deciding between BLT and VGF:

Are you planning to stay in studios or 1BR? Are you hoping/planning to have more than 1 kid?

a VGF studio is a LOT better, spacewise, than a BLT studio. Especially if you have 2 kids. Because VGF has the pull down bed in addition to the sofa bed, until the younger kid is out of a crib, you'll be able to keep the couch folded up for a lot longer. With BLT, you will be unfolding the couch as soon as your 2-yo is out of a crib or pack/play. VGF studios also have a split bath layout, so you can have two people taking a bath or shower at the same time. The pullout couch in a VGF studio is also larger than the pullout in BLT, I think.

BUT - If you are going to be staying in a 1br, BLT has 2 full baths, with 2 toilets and 2 places to shower. The VGF 1br has a soaking tub and a walk in shower, so when you go to a 1br at VGF you actually lose a shower.
Thank you for this, you have given me some good info... I’m just having my 1 child, but would mostly like 1 bdrms if I travel with my sis and nephews so good to know.

Thank you for this, you have given me some good info... I’m just having my 1 child, but would mostly like 1 bdrms if I travel with my sis and nephews so good to know.

Yeah, if traveling with sis and nephews in a 1br, you'll all be sharing one shower at VGF, and using a lot more points to do so. Don't get me wrong, I love VGF and own a lot of points there. But if I were taking my dad, I'd probably stay at BLT instead.

Sandisw - you are living our dream!:thumbsup2
I'm stalking for more SSR points now, as I'm retiring in December, and want to maximize my length of stay in DVC as a SnowBird.
Realistically, we're trying to get enough points to cover Jan.1 through Feb 28 (Can't miss still having Christmas at home with the grandchildren)
Are 500 points enough to get you through to April (Do you make a few trips over that time frame)??
ET :goodvibes

Sandisw - you are living our dream!:thumbsup2
I'm stalking for more SSR points now, as I'm retiring in December, and want to maximize my length of stay in DVC as a SnowBird.
Realistically, we're trying to get enough points to cover Jan.1 through Feb 28 (Can't miss still having Christmas at home with the grandchildren)
Are 500 points enough to get you through to April (Do you make a few trips over that time frame)??
ET :goodvibes

Probably not that long..but my total is 825! So, I figured that gets me a lot. My goal is to get to 1000.

Originally was going to do long stretches...but for now doing 4 to 5 nights every month until we figure it all out as hubby wants to winter in the Carolinas. So, we might do that and then keep the Disney stays monthly!

Retirement is the best! I just did and don’t regret at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter