VGC - Disneyland reopening

DebbieB

DIS Veteran
Interesting rumor I heard tonight. One of the guidelines for reopening rumored will be to limit park attendance to those living 120 miles from DL. Where would that leave VGC owners? Sure you can stay in the resort but no park admittance unless living in that area. I know we only bought accommodations, parks are not guaranteed. I can see with the number of AP’s at DL, the have to start limiting the audience for opening. I live in PA and don’t have a reservation until July, not too concerned yet.

I saw that as well, I think once they open the resort, what they may do is what they did for those few weeks before parks opened and allowed people to bank late if they canceled.

The bigger question is whether they will make any exceptions beyond that when WDW is technically an option.

So far, there has been no changes to exceptions made back in April and I’d think if something was going to be done, we would have heard it.

Its a mess for sure.

How would they ever enforce that? Ask to see everyone's DL at the gate? What a nightmare that would be!

Mentions it in here. one of the commenters, so who knows
https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/202010/7764/
-Theme parks may not open until the county they are located in gets to the yellow tier (1 case per 100k and under 2% positive tests).
-Once open, capacity must be limited to 25% of normal operational capacity.
-Additionally, parks may only welcome guests who reside within a 120 mile radius of the property, and may not advertise beyond that region while this restriction remains in effect.
-All of these rules will remain in place until the pandemic has been declared over.

How would they ever enforce that? Ask to see everyone's DL at the gate? What a nightmare that would be!

Is there a reservation system in place at DL? Perhaps you won't be issued one unless you provide proof of residence in advance?

LAX

I have wrote off DLR till late 2022. Its just too unknown. we are going to WDW this year and Aulani in the spring and maybe get back to our Home when this is all over.

California has made very clear both that theme parks are late in their reopening matrix and also that they don't want a lot of inbound travel between virus and flames.

California has made very clear both that theme parks are late in their reopening matrix and also that they don't want a lot of inbound travel between virus and flames.
They should stop setting fires, since almost all of them are started by humans. I honestly don’t know why Disney puts up with CA. I would be seriously thinking of leaving, things are only going to get worse in that state.

I can’t even....what an offensive thing to say.
In the early 1900’s CA and the Northwest had major forest fire problems. A plan was devised, manage the forests removing dead trees, underbrush, creating fire blocks, fire roads. This worked for decades until about 40 years ago. Certain groups put an end to these practices, causing huge amounts of burnable underbrush and dead trees to accumulate. Fires in the area are inevitable. After these large fires, when the rain season hits the ash and left over debris contaminates the streams and rivers. Maybe if we look back at history we can learn something. Sorry to offend you, I’m offended by people who have gender reveal parties and cause forest fires, putting tens thousands of people’s lives in jeopardy. Just in CA alone this year there have been over 8,300 forest fires.

I understand quite a bit about forestry management-my father is one of the founders of wilderness management in the US. My daughter’s house burned in one of the Oregon fires last month-the fire was caused by a power transformer, they believe, and much of what burned was privately managed forest lands. Saying that Disney should leave California because somehow I don’t know-stupidity is confined to that state??? Someone unrelated to California started a fire???-is a bizarre thing to say.

And then a pop up ad for the FunStop in the middle of thread is also confusing since it is designed to look like a comment.
Is this something new for this site or something I can figure out to block... need help understanding. And then help me figure out how the tv channels know to have commercials even when it is unplanned Sport time out & weather channel for weather updates (haha) ... kidding
Please stay on topic. I try!

It’s not looking good for a 2020 opening. Disney should set up a kiosk near the “lobby” area of the VGC tower for check ins and just reopen VGC without GCH. Of course, it will be inconvenient to walk out through the side area of GCH, cross the street to get to DTD that way....but it might let people use points.

What are everyone's thoughts about expiring banked 2019 points? Would Disney allow booking after their expiration?

We are new members, contract just closed and we are waiting for our points to load into our account! Our use year is June, and we have some 2019 banked points. Seems unlikely we'll be able to use them before they expire when they do finally load since it's so hard to get reservations in the 7 month window.

What are everyone's thoughts about expiring banked 2019 points? Would Disney allow booking after their expiration?

We are new members, contract just closed and we are waiting for our points to load into our account! Our use year is June, and we have some 2019 banked points. Seems unlikely we'll be able to use them before they expire when they do finally load since it's so hard to get reservations in the 7 month window.

nope, because you have the opportunity to use them at other DVC resorts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!