Very large party - does infant need reservation?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by laxfanmom, Mar 17, 2019 at 9:48 AM.

1. laxfanmom

laxfanmom Earning My Ears

We are a large, extended (4 generations) party of 17 doing Disney in June. We had previously (at the 6 months out mark) been a party of 16 and we recently added Great Grandma. I have 2 dining reservations for 16 ppl, breakfast at Cinerella’s Royal Table and a dinner at the California Grill. I am having a hard time trying to modify the reservations to 17ppl, i have called several times. The youngest in our party will be 5 months old. Do we really need a reservation for him? Or, do you think we can just show up with 17 and pretend we didn’t think he needed one?

2. Amelia :)

Amelia :) DIS Veteran

Officialy yes the baby should absolutely be included in the head count. Will they take pity on you on the day? Maybe but not guaranteed.

marcyleecorgan, 3gr8boys and mom2rtk like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Samantha Morgan

Samantha Morgan Mouseketeer

When you’ve called, have you been told no? If so, chances are they won’t take pity on you the day of.

As per firecodes each head in the facility must be included. There are maximum capacity rules for a reason.

marcyleecorgan, 3gr8boys and LilyWDW like this.
  5. missingdisneymore

missingdisneymore Mouseketeer

The group will not be seated together at one table for a party that size. Most likely will be 2 large tables for 8 (16) or 4 tables of 4 (16). The odd number definitely changes the grouping. The baby is a person counted in the fire code count; size or age of the person is irrelevant. Sure, they may seat you with the extra but instead of 2 close tables or 4 close tables, a group may need to wait and be seated at a 6 place table elsewhere. The baby in the seat must have its own place, not crammed in between people or in an isle or corner.

3gr8boys and LilyWDW like this.
  6. Queen of the WDW Scene

Queen of the WDW Scene It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.

Yes everyone human needs to be on the reservations does not matter age.
    This is for building capacity and firecode.

7. 3gr8boys

3gr8boys DIS Veteran

In addition to continuing to try to add one as other groups change their plans (60 day FP mark, month or two ahead as folks decide whether or not to cancel their trip, etc), I would be trying to make a separate reservation about the same time for a smaller group. Even if it is two separate ADRs, you could potentially have every person covered.

8. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Yes, the infant needs to be on the reservation. They need to know how large a table is needed for the entire party.

9. unrequited23

unrequited23 DIS Veteran

Sometimes there are issues with odd number parties. I would try calling and getting a reservation for 18.

10. 10CJ

10CJ DIS Veteran

As everyone said, yes you need to include the baby. They might be able to accommodate you day of, but they might not. I would be prepared with a plan in case they can not.

11. starry_solo

starry_solo DIS Veteran

Can you modify your reservations to one for 9 people, one for 8 people? Split them up?

12. hereforthechurros

hereforthechurros DIS Veteran

*does math for prepaying for 17 people at CRT*

*cries*

sponica likes this.