Very large party - does infant need reservation?

laxfanmom

Earning My Ears
We are a large, extended (4 generations) party of 17 doing Disney in June. We had previously (at the 6 months out mark) been a party of 16 and we recently added Great Grandma. I have 2 dining reservations for 16 ppl, breakfast at Cinerella’s Royal Table and a dinner at the California Grill. I am having a hard time trying to modify the reservations to 17ppl, i have called several times. The youngest in our party will be 5 months old. Do we really need a reservation for him? Or, do you think we can just show up with 17 and pretend we didn’t think he needed one?

The group will not be seated together at one table for a party that size. Most likely will be 2 large tables for 8 (16) or 4 tables of 4 (16). The odd number definitely changes the grouping. The baby is a person counted in the fire code count; size or age of the person is irrelevant. Sure, they may seat you with the extra but instead of 2 close tables or 4 close tables, a group may need to wait and be seated at a 6 place table elsewhere. The baby in the seat must have its own place, not crammed in between people or in an isle or corner.

In addition to continuing to try to add one as other groups change their plans (60 day FP mark, month or two ahead as folks decide whether or not to cancel their trip, etc), I would be trying to make a separate reservation about the same time for a smaller group. Even if it is two separate ADRs, you could potentially have every person covered.

Yes, the infant needs to be on the reservation. They need to know how large a table is needed for the entire party.

Sometimes there are issues with odd number parties. I would try calling and getting a reservation for 18.

As everyone said, yes you need to include the baby. They might be able to accommodate you day of, but they might not. I would be prepared with a plan in case they can not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!