Very Interesting DVC Rumors

TTFN!

Titles are merely labels, and a label does NOT def
I just found a post by a regular at another DVC site that I frequent, with some exciting rumors. This guy's sources usually seem to be right, so I thought (hope) it will be okay to post his info here!

Dear Gentle Taginators!

Thanks to Leftcoaster from www.**************** for the tip!!!!

Just off the phone with Deep Croaker and announced today:

1) Developer Points Bonus will end August 31. He expects *NO OFFICAL ANNOUNCEMENT*, just there August 31 and not there (as in gone) September 1!

2) REALLY BIG NEWS!!!
On 9/24/2007 OKW owners will be given a one-time option to extend their 2042 contracts until 2057. Price has not been decided upon.

I agressively questioned/challenged DC on # 2. It seems like short notice to me, especially without a price or process announced. DC strongly defended his info stating that:

A) Big cash flow increase for DVC.
B) Good way to reduce OKW excess inventory held by DVC
C) An effective way to reduce losses to resale, without adding an administrative fee to new resales (DC expects that may come to pass as well, in the future!)

Unrelated interesting fact. DVC Owners who contact DVC to sell back their memberships, are given a one-time buy back offer from DVC, about 60% of owners accept that offer!

DC expects GCV or CRV to be announced at the October Hometown meeting, and then the remaining resort (GCV or CRB) to be announced at the Mayish Hometown meeting.

Thanks again Lefty for the heads-up. I have been too busy lately to post much (gout attack slowed me waaaaaay down!)

More later!

Please Note: I have only one source (so far) for these rumors......;)

-Tony

End of Quote.

I'm not sure why some of the info is replaced by stars, but I assume there must be a reason. Anyway, I certainly hope the OKW extention to 2057 is true. OKW is my favorite resort and I would gladly pay extra for additional years!

Wow :eek: !! This is all very interesting!! I am leaning towards a octoberish announcement for GCV but am hoping for CRV. Lets see how this plays out!!

Thanks for the "DC" update! Interesting dtuff about OKW, I bet that will add a jump to thier resale prices.

I wonder if any OKW contracts sold by Disney from that point will have the extended end date, for an extra cost over prices now.

Bummer that if it is true, that it is only OKW members. I have VB and Parents have BWV and I would absolutely pay $$ for extension.

Bummer that if it is true, that it is only OKW members. I have VB and Parents have BWV and I would absolutely pay $$ for extension.

if they offer it for one, and it's profitable, can the others be far behind;)

very interesting, hope it plays out as you laid it out.:wizard:

OP i'm told gout is a royal pain, hope you feel better soon.

I'm hoping for the GC announcement in Oct. The three building permits are sounding promising!

Wow. They must have heard me tell DH I was thinking about selling our OKW points to buy CRV if announced, so we'd have two "longer" contracts for the kids (AKV and CRV).

This would be awesome (however, now I must find more $$$$)....:cool1:

Sounds like CRV announcement might be sooner than we think!

How much do you think they would charge per point to extend the years??

that is my problem too.

2042-2057 is only 15 years. Not a long time. So hoping only a $1,000 or $2,000 more than that and it won't be worth it for me. At my age it doesn't matter so much. I will be gone by then. but for resale it might be worth it.

I hope it is CRV in Oct - but hey I guess May is soon enough for CRV. You DVC members in Ca have waited a long time for a DVC resort near you.

popcorn:: popcorn::
wow lots of questions floating around in my mind

how much per point ?

will it effect MF cost?

Will the MF be higher during the last 15 years due to age of OKW?

Will it effect resale of contract if the 15 years isn't added on.

Why only one time opportunity??

Why not more notice --that's really only a month away and no offical word from Disney.

Hmmmmm I really wanted CRV--saving now for that,,,Hmmm lots of questions

If they extend VWL, I am definitely in, although I will not be around to see it. I can pass it on or resell it. I'd like to pass it on.

I'll partake in some of that popcornpopcorn::

Like Spicey, we will be too old to enjoy the extension (and no heirs to leave it to), but if it will add more value to resale, then maybe we will also do it if they offer it for VWL and the price is right.

I would love love love to extend my OKW contract, I only own 26 points there and me and DH were considering selling them to buy more at a resort with more years, If this rumor is true we could extend OKW and just buy more points there..
:cool1:

Nothing of interest to me. I don't think I will extend my OKW since I will be 82 when it dies LOL!

On an unrelated note, am I the only person bothered by the "lifting" of a post from another board? It wasn't a link or a paraphrase, but a wholesale copy..... (Especially since I have a very strong thought that this person may have once posted here.... Hmmm. Tony?)

Hey All!

I'm suprised that no one has commented on the 'end' of the developer points bonus.

CarolA:

I hear your concerns, which is why I made it clear in the original post, the source of my quote. I don't see it any different than posters who quote stories from Orlando News websites, or other 'Mainstream Disney Boards' such as www.mousesavers.com and www.allears.net.

However, I don't know all the rules here yet, and if I posted against rules, then hopefully the Moderators will remove the post and gently correct me.

I can't get search to work for me at all, but at the ****** out website this guy's handle is greenbeanned and he does sign his posts as Tony, so it may infact be who you are referring to.

that is my problem too.

2042-2057 is only 15 years. Not a long time. So hoping only a $1,000 or $2,000 more than that and it won't be worth it for me. At my age it doesn't matter so much. I will be gone by then. but for resale it might be worth it.

I hope it is CRV in Oct - but hey I guess May is soon enough for CRV. You DVC members in Ca have waited a long time for a DVC resort near you.

My completely unfounded guess is somewhere between $25 and $35 ppt.

Why?

Current DVC price per point: $104

104/50: $2.08

$2.08 * 15 years = $31.20.

We'll see how accurate that guess is if this comes to pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!