Very early check in

TinkerbellsMom0923

DisneyFreak
Our flight gets in at a little aftermidnight, will we still be able to catch Magical Express? Also since technically it's our check in day, can we get our room right away or would we have to pay for an extra night? Trying to decide if we need another hotel for a night...I will call Disney later but was wondering if anyone had experience with this.

You will be able to use ME. However, the computers don't roll over to the next day until 6AM. You would not be able to check-in until that time. And even then, your room might not be available. To guarantee yourself a room, you would need to reserve and pay for another night.

Or you could stay at the hotel at the airport, get some sleep and then take ME over to your resort in the AM.

Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for. We can actually stay with my son who lives 5 minutes from Disney. He is going to pick us up now, even though he doesn't know it yet!

As said in the earlier reply, you can use ME but you will have to collect your own luggage and bring it on the motorcoach. Per Disney's site: For airport arrivals after 10:00 p.m., Guests must collect their luggage at Baggage Claim and transport it with them on the motorcoach.

No, you will not be able to check into your room for the night. It may technically be the next check in "calendar" day, but the hotel guests that checked in before midnight (or checked in earlier in the week for their stay) are allowed to remain in their room until check out time (11 AM). So if your assigned room is still occupied with guests, you can check in at the front desk of the hotel, but you'll have to wait until Disney calls or texts that your room is ready. If it wasn't occupied you might get lucky, but the odds are probably against it.

The safest thing to do is book the extra night at your resort and call Disney to link the two reservation numbers together in the hopes that you won't have to move rooms after your first night. Getting a hotel at the airport works too because if you are relying on ME for transportation you have very limited options: extra night at Disney hotel, airport hotel, or hotel close to airport with shuttle and take ME next morning.

Have a great trip and good luck!

Up until around 6AM, any arrival will be a late arrival, not an early arrival. You'd be checking for the previous day, not for the day you arrive. Early arrival will be anywhere from 6AM to 3PM of the day you arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter