VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

We will there August 9-15 with our 5 year old daughter and 7 year old son. Will anyone else be there at the same time with kids similar in age? My kids love to make new friends! This will be mine and our kids second time at the resort but my husband's first time. Getting excited!!!!

Is Sargussum(seaweed) bad in ocean at Vero now??we have been north of Ft Lauderdale for a few days.. beach is gorgeous great breeze under an umbrella, they are using a machine to clean the beaches but the last couple of days the ocean is FILLED with sargussum. Heard all up and down Fl east coast as well.😩. Virgin Islands and Cancun Mexico☹Never seen the ocean like this.😱

Is Sargussum(seaweed) bad in ocean at Vero now??we have been north of Ft Lauderdale for a few days.. beach is gorgeous great breeze under an umbrella, they are using a machine to clean the beaches but the last couple of days the ocean is FILLED with sargussum. Heard all up and down Fl east coast as well.😩. Virgin Islands and Cancun Mexico☹Never seen the ocean like this.😱
I was surprised how clear the water was yesterday, hardly any seaweed at all. Today there is a little bit

Sucks but nothing new. When I was a kid (many, many years ago lol) there were weeks when the beach in Florida was clogged with the stuff. No fun.

Not pleasant, I feel sorry for someone who visits a Fl beach with Sargussum..they might think that’s the way the ocean is all the time. Hope that it clears for the remainder of the summer visitors😊
Beach at Vero holds no appeal to me. Rough waves, quick drop-off. We still enjoy the resort and area, but beach is not a reason to visit. Hilton Head Island beach, on the other hand, is magnificent.

So much turtle activity! That is great!

Looks like the seaweed isn't bad. We usually go in late August and if a storm is coming, there can be a lot of seaweed. Often it is just in an area nearer the beach, but once we got deep enough it was clear. It is not fun, but we are willing to brave it to play in the waves. The ocean can be rough, but we love to just bob and dive in the waves and Vero is great for that!

I saw the schedule of activities that was shared from February. Has anyone who has been recently noticed whether there are trivia nights in the GCR? We use to go a few times during our trip and our daughter was very much looking forward to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter