Vero Beach I need help...Please

Halle

DIS Veteran
My husband spoke to a colleague of his yesterday and now DH wants to go VB this summer (Aug) rather than HH. I am trying to find out the number of 2 bedroom units, are they ocean front or ocean view? I also wondered if anyone had tried to book a 2 bedroom successfully at the 7 month window. We want to go in August if possible. One last question ( I promise) anyone have the square footage or a link to it. Thanks for all your help!
Halle

The overall resort isn't very big and the majority of the units are Inn rooms. So, while I can't give you a number on how many 2 bedrooms there are, I can say they are limited. Views aren't guaranteed anywhere but the Inn (or beach cottage). To have the best shot at oceanview, you could ask for the top floor.

You may have luck getting something in August. Some schools are already started up again by then. Even if you don't get something on the first call, I bet a little time on the wait list would get you a room.

Besides the Inn rooms and the 6 Beach Cottages, there are 3 buildings of units, 3 floors in each building. Each building has 12 2-br lock-outs, and 6 2-br dedicated. Also, in each building, 6 of the 2-br lockouts face the ocean, but the view may be partially blocked by the beach cottages, or foliage.

I just booked a 2 bedroom for June 26-July 1 this morning. We have went in August the last 2 summers and have not had trouble getting a 2 bedroom. Our views have been mixed last summer it was the most beautiful ocean view one could hope for the summer before we had a 1st floor witha large patio and a view of shrubs.

Thanks for your replies. We are definitely going to try to get into VB in August. Now I have to figure out dining options...any recommendations?? Thanks. Halle

Halle said:
Thanks for your replies. We are definitely going to try to get into VB in August. Now I have to figure out dining options...any recommendations?? Thanks. Halle
Not sure if it's open yet, but The Ocean Grille is our absolute favorite! :cool:

MG

We're at Vero now. The three story units are arranged in a U shape, with the bottom of the U facing the ocean. We're on the second floor of one of those units, in the bottom of the U. The ocean view is much better this year, after the hurricane cleaned out a lot of the foliage. While I regret the overall damage and problems caused by the hurricane, I do think that the storms greatly improved the ocean view from the beachwalk, main Inn building, and guest rooms.

I would ask for a 3rd floor room, and room 37 or 38 to get a good view.

Thanks Cap for the room recommendation, are rooms 37 and 38 in all three buildings or a specific building. Thanks

Latest posts

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest