Verification of Vaccination

The EDL did not require an interview with US Customs; in Ontario it required an interview with Service Ontario. You may be confusing an EDL with a NEXUS card, which requires an interview with both USCBP and Canada Customs.

SW
yes, you are correct I did confuse it with a nexus card. However, I did see that Quebec has discontinued it in 2016 and Ontario in 2019 and BC is planing to as well which would only leave Manitoba as being the only province to issue one. The three provinces that are retiring it sight a lack of use or request for it to be added to their regular driver's license. In Ontario, anyone who has one will get a regular one when they get a replacement.

Alberta here - We received that same receipt (that you get when you receive your prescriptions) with the first dose of the AZ. I have put them into our passports. I thought that this was what we being done across Alberta, but I guess not. I was happy to have received a more official government issued receipt. I guess it paid to go to a little community pharmacy to get our first shots done.

Quebecers were told we will now have a choice to get a QR code via email for those of us who had our first dose, and starting next week it will be automatically asked to be given to those who get their first doses, it is NOT vaccine passport. https://www.mtlblog.com/en-ca/news/...-vaccination-will-soon-be-available-in-quebec
I wasn't sure about this when I first heard about it, but once I seen it on the news, I thought it was a brilliant idea. I can see this method being the go-to for more provinces to start doing this also.
’s called my health records. i feel like it’s not that well advertised, but it’s really helpful! if i remember right it takes a few days to set up, but it’ll compile lots of your records once you’re set up.

just as a note, i had my covid shot at a pharmacy. it doesn’t show up under immunizations, but it does show up under prescription history.
The pharmacy we went to, provided us with the actual prescription receipt with our shot. I thought that was smart. We put ours straight into our passports right away for safe keeping.

The pharmacy we went to, provided us with the actual prescription receipt with our shot. I thought that was smart. We put ours straight into our passports right away for safe keeping.
Great idea to keep in the passport. Our pharmacy in ON provided an OHIP receipt as well (plus a second shot date.) We did get something from the ministry a few days after as well. I think we'll throw them all into the passports until something more concrete comes out about the "vaccine passport".

we're not overly concerned since it's only our first dose at this point. The emailed receipt is saved on my phone only for my safe-keeping at this point :P I have the Rx and full-sized copies on the fridge because I felt they needed to be proudly displayed (i really need to get out more!)

I figure once we get fully vaccinated we'll be given something more official and I'm content to wait until that point. We haven't changed our activities and won't for however long until we're told it's safe to do otherwise, just being part of the solution.

I figured since they are waiting to long between doses they must have some plan in place for verification of the vaccination... but that may be wishful thinking on my part :) My page from the pharmacy, that I was told to bring back for the second dose, is in my little safe with all my important stuff.

I’m also in Ontario. I got the email, and also a little receipt-like slip printed out and given to us which had the same info on it as the email, but smaller. I’m not sure if that is unique to the vaccination clinic I went to or not.

I am in Toronto and this is what I have too. Printed out with the vax manufacturer, lot #, dosage, who administered, etc. I also got the emailed version with same info. On the printed version, they handwrote the date for my 2nd shot.

just as a note, i had my covid shot at a pharmacy. it doesn’t show up under immunizations, but it does show up under prescription history.

I wonder if it will eventually get reported up.. since I went thru AHS it was uploaded to Netcare and viewable in the immunizations section of MyHealth Records. The nurse even showed the documentation on the laptop as verification that it was recorded electronically. And yes, getting access to MyHealth is a bit of a pain since you need a MyAlberta Digital ID first. But it’s nice having accesss to Lab Results as soon as they are posted now (including Covid tests 🤪)

I wonder if it will eventually get reported up.. since I went thru AHS it was uploaded to Netcare and viewable in the immunizations section of MyHealth Records. The nurse even showed the documentation on the laptop as verification that it was recorded electronically. And yes, getting access to MyHealth is a bit of a pain since you need a MyAlberta Digital ID first. But it’s nice having accesss to Lab Results as soon as they are posted now (including Covid tests 🤪)

i’m sure it will adjust eventually :) i think it’s the same as booking chaos...the tracks are going down juuuust in front of the vaccination train!

i agree that it’s a pain to set up but very well worth it! i originally set up my account for another health reason, and tracking results very closely has been helpful. it feels like i have some agency in my health care. i would recommend it to anyone.

Ontario here, got jabbed at Rexall and we have 3 different things we can refer to if we want :P
We have the standard script receipt type thing that is generated for any script, small-ish piece of label paper that's on the fridge with the rest of our receipts

Email from the Ontario Ministry of Health that had a file attached - our official proof of vaccine with all the important information - type of vaccine & lot number

and the BEST?! an 8.5 X 11 " piece of paper with all the same info on it 🤦‍♀️

I've downloaded the official file onto my phone, figure that's the best and easiest thing to have access to :P
I also got the 8.5x11" piece of paper with my information on it, signed by the pharmacist. I'm hoping there will be another option. It's kind of unwieldy for my wallet. It will probably fit better in my passport wallet, but I usually keep my passport in the safe when I'm on a trip. I'd like a little card like others got.

In Manitoba they added it to the website that we check our covid results on. I heard we were supposed to get something physical but I haven’t seen anything yet.

It was a bit of a little process to get the MyHealth Records set up I agree. It was great to be able to check my covid test result online. It was also easy to see if they had verified if it was just run of the mill covid (which it was) or if it was a variant. I didn't trust my doctor's office to followup or AHS to let me know if the covid I contracted was a variant or not. I'll have to check and see if my covid shot is in there now...since I went on the first day it was offered to those of us 40+ in Alberta for the AstraZenneca. We went to a little pharmacy just outside of town to get the shot, and I wouldn't hesitate to go there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter