Verandah Question

K

KAMLEM1

I was told by the person who booked my cruise for me that my stateroom, #8094, has a regular verandah and not one of those "metal" ones but whenever I look at a picture of the ship, it looks like it's a metal one. I am just guessing on the location, I could be wrong. Does anyone here know?

We stayed in 8590 on the Magic, and the veranda was plexiglass, as was 8592 next door, and I believe 8594.

Originally posted by slindamood
We stayed in 8590 on the Magic, and the veranda was plexiglass, as was 8592 next door, and I believe 8594.

The room in question 8094 is on the other side... If you look at the deck plans 8596 and 8598 are definetly metal bottoms and those are the rooms across from 8090/92/94 the rooms you were in are in line with 8086 (the 1 bedroom suite) and 8080. The location of the 1 bedrooms on the port side throw the room numbering off.

Thank you all SO much. I have now been moved because my daughter has a sensitivity to noise and I was afraid the sound of the engines may bother her. I was told by 2 people at Dreams Unlimited that it was a plexiglass verandah. They must have been given incorrect information from DCL. I would have been very unhappy when I got there!

A good rule of thumb is that if it is aft of the Navigator Verandas, it has a metal wall. If it is forward of the Navigators, it has a plexiglass wall.

Originally posted by TnRobin

A good rule of thumb is that if it is aft of the Navigator Verandas, it has a metal wall. If it is forward of the Navigators, it has a plexiglass wall.

That rule works for Decks 5, 6, and 7. But Deck 8 doesn't have Navigator's Verandah rooms. That's why I was curious where the cutover occured. Thanks again, 999ghsts.

in june on the Magic, i've booked 7600,7602, and 7604 pretty far aft....will i have the metal verandah or plexi and could someone explain the difference. on our two previous we were at mid-ship and all the way forward. is this going to bother us? i really liked my completely open verandah and frankly i am spoiled rotten with the pleasures of being outside at early a.m. and at night. does anyone have pictures? thanks joyce

Originally posted by joyceharris

I've booked 7600,7602, and 7604... will i have the metal verandah or plexi

Hi, Joyce. These rooms are just forward of the aft elevators. They have the PlexiGlas verandah railings. You will be able to see through them.

We had rooms 8090 & 8092, they did in fact have metal bottoms. For what it's worth, I didn't mind it. But then, it was our first cruise and we didn't know any different.

We were in 8100 with a metal vernadah. We previously have had the plexiglass verandah and although it was better for overall view (particularly from inside the room looking out), it wasn't that big of a deal. We enjoyed it every bit as much.

Hi all! Anyone know if 6600 has a plexiglass or metal verandah?

Thanks!

johnf
Palm Harbor, FL:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter