Vent: Math teacher can't do the math *** Update Page 2 ***

John, sorry you had to go through this. I do <b>not</b> miss the days when my son was doing stuff like this. He finally figured out that lying about stuff didn't change his grade and he buckled down. <i>However</i> he was a junior in college before he figured that part out :rolleyes:

In our school system, pulling kids out for vacation is indeed counted as an unexcused absence. The one and only time that we decided to take the kids out of school for a trip, Sue talked it over with all of their teachers. The week that they were gone was the first week of a new grading period. Both kids were in "middle school" and doing well. We asked their teachers if it would be possible to get their assignments in advance knowing full well that it was a burden on them and that they were in no way obligated to do so. Both kids were allowed to makeup the work ahead of time, so their absence did not hurt them academically.

When I later realized that James missed out on perfect attendance that year so that we could go on a Disney cruise, I felt pretty bad about our decision.

Thanks for all the words of advice. It really means a great deal to me. I plan to share this information with DW Sue as soon as we both get home from work.

Ahhhh...the car! You will have great leverage now! :) When my nephew was younger, my sister would take his keyboard away when he needed to correct something he was doing. Now that he has his license, the car gets taken away...and it works great! He recently got the keys back after being without them 3 weeks. He didn't like that very much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter