Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews! (Sept. 27 – Oct. 1) With LOTS of pictures!

v_gan

I can go the distance!
The diners:
Me, 19 (vegan)
My boyfriend, Jon, 18 (vegetarian)

DAY 1 (September 27) - Epcot and MGM

San Angel Inn

We didn’t have ADR’s, but we were seated within 10 minutes at about 12:30 in the afternoon. This was such a pretty restaurant. We asked to see the vegetarian menu, and wow! I was blown away by its size! (That was sarcasm.) This is the vegetarian menu:

menu.jpg

I’m not complaining, though. I’m just happy they even have one :goodvibes

First we got a virgin strawberry margarita and they brought out the chips and salsa:
day1-1.jpg

The margarita was so good!

And we decided to share the combination plate. Jon got the cheese enchilada, and I got the burrito.
day1-2.jpg

I really liked the burrito. Jon said his enchilada was good, too.

Sommerfest

I wanted a pretzel from Germany, so I got a pretzel from Germany.

day1-3.jpg

It was HUGE! I halved it with Jon. I ate my half with Dijon mustard.

After a while, we headed over to MGM to watch Fantasmic.

We both got some soft frozen pink lemonade:

day1-4.jpg

It was kind of sour, but it was nice to cool down with.

DAY 2 (September 28) – MGM

50s Prime Time Café

We had ADR’s at 12:30. I can’t remember how long we waited, but it wasn’t long. Our server’s name was Mark, and he was great!

Me and Jon both got Mickey’s Bee Bop Drink.
BBD.jpg

Jon got the blue ice cube, I got the red.

I got the stuffed pepper.
day2-1.jpg

It was SO good. This was probably my favorite meal the entire trip. It was awesome.

Jon asked for a veggie burger, which isn’t on the menu. But, hey! He got it!
day2-4.jpg

Mark said it came all the way from Epcot. Haha.

Here’s pictures of us both with Mark:
day2-2.jpg

day2-3.jpg

He was fun. I got in trouble for having my camera out so much. We both got in trouble for elbows on the table and for not pushing our chairs in.

Here’s me picking out a dessert:
day2-5.jpg

day2-6.jpg

day2-7.jpg

I picked the Build Your Own Sundae. I got it with Toffuti vanilla ice cream:
day2-8.jpg

None of the other topping were vegan, so all I got were rainbow sprinkles. Good thing rainbow sprinkles are my favorite! :)
day2-9.jpg

It was funny when our server brought this out. He said, “Here’s your dessert! Everything has dairy, as requested!” haha.

Right before the parade, I went to the Seaside Diner and got an Apple-Cinnamon-Stuffed Pretzel:
day2-10.jpg

I didn’t know it was going to be so hot! I couldn’t finish eating it in all that heat, but it was good.

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre

We had ADR’s at 5:45. We got seated within about 10 minutes. My sister had gone here the day before and got a dairy-free milkshake and the tofu dish without the honey, with no trouble at all. My server must’ve not had a clue about any of that, because it took a bit of convincing and asking to get everything straightened out. But eventually the chef came out and helped out. She was very nice.

Me and Jon decided to share everything. Here’s what we got:

Vegan vanilla milkshake:
day2-11.jpg

Ohhh, gosh. So thick and wonderful :)

Seared Marinated Tofu with Mango Puree
day2-12.jpg

This was SO good! I liked it better without the mango, though.

The Shrimp Penne Pasta, made vegan
day2-13.jpg

The was brought out covered in cheese. We then got a new plate, minus the capers and garlic, it seemed. It was pretty bland, but we ate it all.

DAY 3 (September 29) – Magic Kingdom

Tony’s Town Square

We had ADR’s here at 12:00. We got seated within 10 minutes. We shared a plate of spaghetti (without the meat). Jon got breadsticks (they had cheese), and I got the That’s Amore Cooler smoothie and mug.

day3-1.jpg

The spaghetti was good. Nothing special, considering it IS an Italian restaurant. But I love spaghetti, so there you go!

day3-2.jpg

The smoothie was awesome, though. I loved it and the mug!

day3-3.jpg

And I got the noodle picture I wanted! :)

Mid-day, while in Adventureland, I went by the eggroll cart and got the vegetable curry samosas.

day3-4.jpg

Such a good, spicy snack!

day3-5.jpg

And so cheap, too!

Columbia Harbor House

We went in here after a freak downpour, so it was a little chilly. Otherwise, this was the coziest restaurant I think we went to on this trip. We ate upstairs in a little corner by a window. There was such a huge difference from upstairs to downstairs. It was so quiet and empty up there and it was just wonderful. I loved eating there.

We both got the Half Sandwich, Half Bowl of Soup with the Vegetarian Chili and Lighthouse Sandwich. I had to get my sandwich without the broccoli slaw because it had dairy in it, but just the hummus and tomato made an awesome sandwich.

day3-6.jpg

day3-7.jpg

I think my sister said the little soup crackers had egg or dairy in them, so I took them off of mine. I did get some saltine crackers to add to it, though. This chili was so warm and wonderful. I loved it.

day3-8.jpg

The Lighthouse Sandwich, minus the broccoli slaw. I thought it was great! It was surprisingly filling, and the bread was toasty. Mmm :)

This meal really warmed me up, despite being wet in a building with air conditioning. I’ll definitely be going here again the next time we visit.

DAY 4 (September 30) – Epcot and MNSSHP

Tangerine Café

I got the Vegetarian Platter. It was good, but it wasn’t very filling. I could have eaten two plates!

day4-1.jpg

It came with tabbouleh, hummus, an olive salad, couscous, pita bread, and a lentil salad (which has dairy, so Jon got to eat that :) )

Liberty Tree Tavern

We had ADR’s at 6:15, but I really didn’t want to miss any of the party, so we arrived around 5:30. They sat us around 5:50, which was 25 minutes early! I was so surprised. Of course, it probably had something to do with us being a party of two, but still. It was very nice.

Since we couldn’t eat hardly anything that comes with the meal, our server brought the chef out for us. He was very, very nice. He explained everything, down to the cooking process! We ended up getting:

The Declaration Salad and the dinner rolls (I couldn’t have the butter spread, obviously)
day4-2.jpg

day4-3.jpg

Amber Waves of Grain (from the lunch menu)
day4-4.jpg

day4-5.jpg

Jon also got a small bowl of macaroni and cheese.

For dessert, Jon got apple cobbler with dairy ice cream
day4-7.jpg

I got a bowl of vanilla Tofutti ice cream.
day4-8.jpg

The character interaction was so fun! Each of the characters came by our table 3 times within the 1 ½ hours we were there. My only complaint:

day4-6.jpg

THEY GIVE YOU TOO MUCH FOOD!!!

We got out a little after 7:00, which was fine. If we hadn’t gotten seated earlier, we would have been in there till 7:45!

Day 5 (October 1) – Animal Kingdom

Rainforest Café

We had ADR’s at 2:00. We had to wait a good bit here. At least 20-25 minutes. There was a party of about 14 waiting, and they were getting rambunctious and angry. I don’t know how long they had been there. They were there when we got there.

But, anyway. On to the food! We were absolutely starving. So, we had to get some kind of appetizer while we waited for our food. We both got the Paradise House Salads.

day5-1.jpg

I got mine with balsamic vinaigrette, Jon got his with Italian vinegarette.

Then Jon got another veggie burger.
day5-3.jpg

The Rainforest Natural Burger

I got the Hong Kong Stir-Fry minus the meat.
day5-2.jpg

It was soooooo good!

day5-4.jpg

day5-5.jpg

It really killed me not being able to take all this home with me. They just give you so much! I really, really hated leaving all that. It was really yummy and filling.

So, overall, I give Walt Disney World an A+ in accomodationg to special dietary needs! I have no real complaints about anything at all. The food was good, our servers were nice, and we never had to wait long for anything.

I'll be posting my Universal dining reviews on the Universal boards tomorrow, probably.

Hi v_gan. :wave2:

Thanks for the reviews! I have a question about veganism, if you don't mind. :flower3: Vegans, as far as I know, don't eat animal products like eggs and dairy, right? But isn't bread and pasta made with egg? I don't know if that counts or not, or if they have special bread. :headache: Help!

Great reviews and pics. That ketchup Mickey on the veggie burger at 50's Primetime is SO cute! :cutie:

Hi v_gan. :wave2:

Thanks for the reviews! I have a question about veganism, if you don't mind. :flower3: Vegans, as far as I know, don't eat animal products like eggs and dairy, right? But isn't bread and pasta made with egg? I don't know if that counts or not, or if they have special bread. :headache: Help!

Some bread and pasta is made with egg and dairy, yes. But a lot, if not most, isn't. It just depends :)

I don't try to go crazy over bread and pasta ingredients when eating out as far as ingredients go because it just makes eating out even more difficult. But if I know beforehand, or if it's just completely obvious that there was an egg wash on the bread or something like that, I won't eat it. Sometimes I do ask, though. Just to be safe :)

Great reviews!

And I finally got to see the San Angel vegetarian menu! :rotfl: Nobody's ever posted it, to my knowledge.

Some bread and pasta is made with egg and dairy, yes. But a lot, if not most, isn't. It just depends :)

I don't try to go crazy over bread and pasta ingredients when eating out as far as ingredients go because it just makes eating out even more difficult. But if I know beforehand, or if it's just completely obvious that there was an egg wash on the bread or something like that, I won't eat it. Sometimes I do ask, though. Just to be safe :)

Thank you! I've always wondered about that but been too shy to ask in case somebody thought I was judging them when really I was just curious. :goodvibes :thumbsup2 :cool1:

mmmm.... 50's Prime Time pepper. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was pretty much the most delicious thing ever!

mmmm.... 50's Prime Time pepper. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was pretty much the most delicious thing ever!

Seriously! I wasn't expecting it to have as much flavor as it did! It was so good!

Thank you! I've always wondered about that but been too shy to ask in case somebody thought I was judging them when really I was just curious. :goodvibes :thumbsup2 :cool1:

You're welcome! I wouldn't have thought you were judging me at all! Lots of people have questions about veganism. It isn't exactly the most common diet :)

*WOO! Post 200!*

Thanks so much for the review and pictures.
How hard was it to make a special request for
vegan or veggie food?

Did they give you a hard time or did you have to
call ahead and make request 48 hours in advance for TS?
Looking forward to hear more details, thanks

Thanks for the great reviews and photos. It is nice to read about vegan and vegetarian options. :goodvibes

Thanks so much for the review and pictures.
How hard was it to make a special request for
vegan or veggie food?

Did they give you a hard time or did you have to
call ahead and make request 48 hours in advance for TS?
Looking forward to hear more details, thanks

Well, when I made the ADR's over the phone, I told the person to note that I was vegan on each of them. But when we got to the restaurant, they had obviously not been noted. So I'm not sure how that works. But, basically, when we sat down at any restaurant and our server came, I just asked what I could get that's vegan and they either explained my options, or had the chef come out to see what could be done. It wasn't hard at all. The only place my server seemed to be confused was at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre, but my sister had no trouble at all there the day before, so I guess I just had bad luck. But everything turned out fine, eventually!

So, yeah. It's not hard at all to get vegan options. You just have to ask your server when you're seated, and they'll find out what can be done for you :) It's really nice, and the food it so good!

Great reviews, I love to see veggie reviews as my DH is vegetarian, and it's fantastic how accomadating all the restaurants were for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter