VB is looking for characters

floridafam

DIS Veteran
Once in a great while I will call the Vero Beach Resort job line.

Last year they had an opening for a landscaper and it took all I had to keep my DH from leaving his current position to move down there. (not that we wouldn't have gone with him) :)

Anyway,

They are hiring full time and sesonal housekeepers, part time servers, pt hosts, full time entry level culinary and full time dishwasher.

AND...people to be characters:D Special consideration will be given to applicants who are between 6' and 6'2. I didn't think Goofy and Max were this tall. Maybe it has something to do with the way the costumes fit.

Doesn't that sound like a great job?

If we ever move to VB-there is a branch of DH's company there I am going to get a job at the resort!

Wooo Hoo!!!! I'm 6'1" and I've been called Goofy enough to already answer to the name!

Sounds like a career change is in order! :teeth:

Wait!

I'm 6'4" - do I get EXTRA special consideration? Like the poster above, I've been called "GOOFY" more times than I can count!

I hate to sound like the negative one here, but.... you couldn't pay me enough money to put on one of those costumes in the Florida heat!! :earseek: But I'm glad that some are willing to do it, because my kids sure love them. Now those are the employees that deserve a tip!!:teeth:

ErinC,

I agree. That would be awful if they had to go outside but I have never seen the ones at VB outside.

My DH said he would enjoy it for a day but not any longer.

I'm not sure whether they still have them but in the past they had "characters" roaming the resort that weren't Disney characters. They were more like the characters at MGM. One of them was a very proper butler who would carry on what seemed like a "real" conversation and then suddenly do something like fall in the pool! There also was an English maid chatting with folks in the lobby. It was a lot of fun to have them around!

But, "extra tall" does sound like they're looking for Goofy...I think I better call my brother (and he won't need a costume). ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter