VB family vacation - Day 1

hpygrll

DIS Veteran
The players!
DH - Loves Disney 33
Me - Also loves Disney 32 - First trip without our little boy who is 8 months and is staying with his grandparents!

Left Columbus at 8:15 - flew America West - no problems, in Orlando by 11:15 or so - got on Mears arrived at Villas at Wilderness Lodge by 1pm. We did have to laugh because no matter where we are staying we are always the last ones off the shuttle. This trip was no exception. Our room was not ready and I have to say I was not impressed by the cast members here. We didn't even get a "Welcome Home" (we are DVC members). Room was not ready so we wandered around the lodge.

Grabbed lunch at Roaring Fork then took the boat to the Contemporary to do some resort hopping. Sat in the front of the monorail where they were training a new driver. That was interesting. By the time we were done our room was ready - a 1 bedroom villa. Wow those are nice! We have never stayed in one before and really didn't want to leave our room.

Took the trail to Fort Wilderness to check out the horses etc saw some spiders that we would not want to run into in our world! Had dinner at Whispering Canyon. Very fun and great food!!!! Then went to the bay and watched the electric water pageant. Back to room to soak in jacuzzi tub! Yes, it is the life - note to husband - 2 bottle of the sample shampoo to use as bubbles, not a good idea. We had bubbles everywhere!!!!!!! Then to bed to look forward to our transfer to the BCV the next day!
Jenny

1977 - offsite
1995 - CBR
1997 - Boardwalk
1998 - Contemporary
1999 - Port Orleans
2000 - Dixie Landings
2001 - OKW
2002 - VWL and BCV
2003 - Vero Beach!

:D LOL! You just reminded me of a scene from my honeymoon. DH thought that some foaming bath gel would be a good idea in the jacuzzi tub and we had overflowing bubbles everywhere!! Off to read the rest of your report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter